Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
go home and set the destination filter for your home. you should be good, go make those qualifying trips and do this

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
For: Route 34 from Manasquan to Holmdel. Dead zone.
Careful with that. 34 takes you west of the parkway and out of the shore area. There was no wording in the guarantee where you had to be during the guarantee, outside of 70% of the trips had to start in Jersey Shore.

Which does, in fact, bring up an interesting question. Let's say I was online from 4 PM, had a couple of short trips outside of the shore area, then spent the rest of the night in the shore, and definitely had 1 per hour and 70% on the shore with 90% acceptance. Do I get guarantee hours for that time outside of the shore? Hmmm.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just read through all the fine print in the email and no mention of destination filter.

·
Super Moderator
6,092 Posts
I don't know about the guarantee fine print but the first email I got about the destination filter said: "Keep in mind these destination trips won’t count towards any incentives or guarantees."

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Screenshot_2016-07-03-12-47-12.png

·
Registered
120 Posts
Which does, in fact, bring up an interesting question. Let's say I was online from 4 PM, had a couple of short trips outside of the shore area, then spent the rest of the night in the shore, and definitely had 1 per hour and 70% on the shore with 90% acceptance. Do I get guarantee hours for that time outside of the shore? Hmmm.
If you turn on the app outside of the Shore zone, it DOES count towards time "on the clock." You've only got to worry about meeting the 70% of trips starting within the zone. I head home at 2am (or a little earlier), as long as I've met my trip #, and then if I get one or two calls out of the shore, it isn't a big deal, and I'm getting home earlier. Just be careful to only take 1 or 2 trips outside of the shore.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Careful with that. 34 takes you west of the parkway and out of the shore area. There was no wording in the guarantee where you had to be during the guarantee, outside of 70% of the trips had to start in Jersey Shore.

Oh, I know there is a slight risk of getting pings outside the shore zone. But it's a ghost town over there... you drive through Earle where there is nothing for a couple miles, past a tiny airport, a Wawa... crickets, deer, maybe a buffalo. Definitely no Uber rides over there.

I think the only requirement is 70% of rides start on the shore. They don't care if you are physically in the shore the whole time or not.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I've got a question on the guarantee's 25% completion rate requirement. Does that mean I basically have to accept 100% of rides (so I don't get screwed by the one ride where I hit accept and the app just hung and said the request had expired after a minute) but I can then cancel 75% of those and still get the guarantee money as long as I complete 1 trip per hour on average?

Not that I'm advocating canceling 75% of the rides... But I did have to cancel 1 or 2 after accepting them and realizing they were outside of the shore zone. I also canceled 1 at like 2:55 AM when I'd already met my numbers. I had to cancel a few from PNC when I was driving by the Weezer concert on accident.

Just wondering if someone has experience with canceling during a promotion like this and whether it screwed them or not.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've got a question on the guarantee's 25% completion rate requirement. Does that mean I basically have to accept 100% of rides (so I don't get screwed by the one ride where I hit accept and the app just hung and said the request had expired after a minute) but I can then cancel 75% of those and still get the guarantee money as long as I complete 1 trip per hour on average?

Not that I'm advocating canceling 75% of the rides... But I did have to cancel 1 or 2 after accepting them and realizing they were outside of the shore zone. I also canceled 1 at like 2:55 AM when I'd already met my numbers. I had to cancel a few from PNC when I was driving by the Weezer concert on accident.

Just wondering if someone has experience with canceling during a promotion like this and whether it screwed them or not.
I've wondered how they handle cancels as well. If you accept and the rider cancels, does that still count towards your one per hour? I assume not, and have still tried to get another in that case.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Surge was in effect in my area from 10PM until I went home at 5AM. I made more than the guarantee on fares. Tips were better than I've ever seen.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts