Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
According to a new report by SherpaShare, "Uber drivers in the U.S. collect an average $13.36 per trip, while Lyft drivers took in an average of $12.53 for each ride," reports Time.

I wish... maybe half that.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
According to a new report by SherpaShare, "Uber drivers in the U.S. collect an average $13.36 per trip, while Lyft drivers took in an average of $12.53 for each ride," reports Time.

I wish... maybe half that.
Well if those figures are gross fares, they could be in the ball park. Take out the S.R.F., the 20% (or more) and then your expenses, and you are probably at half that or less.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Well if those figures are gross fares, they could be in the ball park. Take out the S.R.F., the 20% (or more) and then your expenses, and you are probably at half that or less.
I guess you might have a point.. My area seems to be the short 2 block ride with a 4m 59 second wait for them to get they're lazy ass out to my car area.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Yep, nickel and diming us to death.

I get criticized for being "cheap" now and then for not doing something that is "only" $5 or $10.

But I've made literally hundreds of decisions not to spend that $5 or $10, and I'm a couple of thousands of dollars ahead because of it.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
I have a different perspective. Obama is the first president that inspired me to start paying attention to my personal finances. I have had a radical shift from paycheck to paycheck lifestyle to Emergency fund lifestyle. I am now allergic to borrowing and I have quit doing that. I wish all the best to everyone, but self control is the number one factor in destiny. Good decisions/good results; unwise decisions/stinky results.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I have a different perspective. Obama is the first president that inspired me to start paying attention to my personal finances. I have had a radical shift from paycheck to paycheck lifestyle to Emergency fund lifestyle. I am now allergic to borrowing and I have quit doing that. I wish all the best to everyone, but self control is the number one factor in destiny. Good decisions/good results; unwise decisions/stinky results.
I wish our government would get an allergic reaction to borrowing money... Every time they try I wish they would just shut down. 90% of it is vote buying anyways.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I wish our government would get an allergic reaction to borrowing money... Every time they try I wish they would just shut down. 90% of it is vote buying anyways.
That would require them to cut Welfare pro... sorry Entitlements. Since when is someone "entitled" to something they haven't earned? The government would also have to cut out funding to airlines, Amtrak, and every other "private" business supported by taxpayer money.

·
Registered
857 Posts
That would require them to cut Welfare pro... sorry Entitlements. Since when is someone "entitled" to something they haven't earned? The government would also have to cut out funding to airlines, Amtrak, and every other "private" business supported by taxpayer money.
I fail to see a problem with this. Oh and the current buzz word is bennifit

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Government mismanagement is just a smoke screen to ignore personal mismanagement.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
That's a great choice, but seriously, what on earth did Obama have to do with that?

Just about everybody in Washington has no clue about fiscal responsibility, and he's even worse than most.

I also am a frugal saver, but I sure didn't learn it from anybody in government. And if anything, Obama teaches the exact opposite.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Exactly, I asked myself if I was handling my business the same as POTUS. Over-paying for stuff and let the bill repayments come later. That lead me to seek better info on personal money management and I found it, and have repaid all consumer debt and made emergency fund savings a priority over my previously feeble 'investing while broke' efforts.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Exactly, I asked myself if I was handling my business the same as POTUS. Over-paying for stuff and let the bill repayments come later. That lead me to seek better info on personal money management and I found it, and have repaid all consumer debt and made emergency fund savings a priority over my previously feeble 'investing while broke' efforts.
While I admire you new-found frugality, you do realize that congress, not the president does all the taxing, borrowing and spending at the federal level?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Taxi Driver in Arizona said:
. . you do realize that congress, not the president does all the taxing, borrowing and spending at the federal level?
To be exact, any bill relating to finances must start in the House of Representatives.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
That's correct, but he did have a cooperative congress for the first two years, and his ACA is one of the worst examples of out-of-control fiscal irresponsibility in US history.

(And, again, to keep this from being partisan, the GOP majority has done little to reverse Washington's irresponsibility. Not too surprisingly...)

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Americans have the 'advantages' of being wrong about thousands of things with seemingly no immediate ill effects.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
That's correct, but he did have a cooperative congress for the first two years, and his ACA is one of the worst examples of out-of-control fiscal irresponsibility in US history.

(And, again, to keep this from being partisan, the GOP majority has done little to reverse Washington's irresponsibility. Not too surprisingly...)
You have to pass it, to find out what is in it.... Not very smart leadership.

·
Registered
857 Posts
As stated in an earlier post.... Cooperative Congress for his first 2 years.
and a cheating senate to get it passed. Don't forget Scott Brown was the 40th vote in the senate to stop it so Reid and co did a end run around the vote and deemed it passed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts