Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received this email from Uber Partner Support

I know it is a canned email - but would really like to be able to reply to it in a way that gets a positive response from them - in respect of the recent rate cut vs too many drivers etc.

Hi Altima ATL,

I noticed you’re one of our top partners in Atlanta, but haven’t been driving with Uber lately. Wanted to personally reach out and see if you had any questions or concerns, or if you needed any support from the team.

Uber demand in Atlanta is growing every month, and there's a big opportunity to earn even more this weekend helping people get around the city. Let me know if there's anything we can help with to get you back on the road.

Talk soon!

Best,
Melissa

·
Registered
602 Posts

I know it is a canned email - but would really like to be able to reply to it in a way that gets a positive response from them - in respect of the recent rate cut vs too many drivers etc.

Hi Altima ATL,

I noticed you're one of our top partners in Atlanta, but haven't been driving with Uber lately. Wanted to personally reach out and see if you had any questions or concerns, or if you needed any support from the team.

Uber demand in Atlanta is growing every month, and there's a big opportunity to earn even more this weekend helping people get around the city. Let me know if there's anything we can help with to get you back on the road.

Talk soon!

Best,
Melissa
How about something along these lines.
Hi, Melissa. Thanks for the email and your kind words about me being a top Atlanta driver, but I was kinda wondering why I never got a reply to all the emails that I have sent to you CSR's if reference to the problems and issues that I was having. I haven't been driving because with all the fare reductions and Uber commission increases I haven't been able to afford putting any gas in my car. Good thing you emailed me today because if you emailed me yesterday I never would have received it because my ISP shut my account down due to fact that I was
two months behind on my payments. It looks like it was just a stroke of luck that I was able to get $20 for all those aluminum cans that I collected over the weekend to get my internet connection back yesterday. Please let me know if the Atlanta fare rates are raised or Uber decides to lower it's commission, because in your next super kind email I get from you I would really like to hear that I am the #1 Atlanta driver.

Thanks once again from loyal a brain dead Uber driver.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
You should respond honestly to them. They need to hear what lowering rates have done to their drivers. Considering that they promised to raise your rates back up on August first and then lied about it, might be a good way to start.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I was thinking something a little more subtle. But then if they need to send me am email asking and cannot figure out why all by themselves..... Maybe subtlety is not the way to go.
I was thinking something a little more subtle. But then if they need to send me am email asking and cannot figure out why all by themselves..... Maybe subtlety is not the way to go.
Agreed, but I th
You should respond honestly to them. They need to hear what lowering rates have done to their drivers. Considering that they promised to raise your rates back up on August first and then lied about it, might be a good way to start.
Shark, Your suggestion is based on the premise that Uber really cares. We all know the Uber's standard MO is the "My way or the highway"philosophy. The only contact with them that a driver has is an email through a CSR, what does that tell you?

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Shark, Your suggestion is based on the premise that Uber really cares. We all know the Uber's standard MO is the "My way or the highway"philosophy. The only contact with them that a driver has is an email through a CSR, what does that tell you?
I can't imagine why they would send the e-mail if they are not trying to gauge the mood of their current workforce. Answering the e-mail that the rates are a joke, at least has the possibility of evoking change, especially if they received enough responses saying the same thing. By not answering will accomplish nothing. I know it's an uphill battle, but the answer is always no until you try.

I agree that Uber doesn't give a shit, certainly no argument there, however, for them to take the time to send an e-mail implies that there is something going on in this market that has forced Uber to send out the e-mail in the first place. If enough drivers in a market quit driving, Uber would be forced to do something to get drivers to stay around longer. The obvious thing to do would be to raise rates.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I can't imagine why they would send the e-mail if they are not trying to gauge the mood of their current workforce. Answering the e-mail that the rates are a joke, at least has the possibility of evoking change, especially if they received enough responses saying the same thing. By not answering will accomplish nothing. I know it's an uphill battle, but the answer is always no until you try.

I agree that Uber doesn't give a shit, certainly no argument there, however, for them to take the time to send an e-mail implies that there is something going on in this market that has forced Uber to send out the e-mail in the first place. If enough drivers in a market quit driving, Uber would be forced to do something to get drivers to stay around longer. The obvious thing to do would be to raise rates.
They KNOW the answer to the email. Uber is pressuring the CSR,s to send those canned emails in the hopes they can swing some of the borderline fence sitters.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
They KNOW the answer to the email. Uber is pressuring the CSR,s to send those canned emails in the hopes they can swing some of the borderline fence sitters.
And what is the harm in telling them their rates suck? I see nothing to lose and possibly something to gain. A small possibility....granted. If enough people stand up to them, the CSR's might have to tell their bosses, "Hey the drivers aren't buying into our lies anymore, what should we do now?"

You don't have to convince me that Uber is a piece of shit with brain dead CSR's who are simply sheep. You don't have to convince me that answering an e-mail is possibly a waste of time.

Try convincing me that answering the e-mail could somehow do any harm.

·
Registered
602 Posts

Uber KNOWS their rates sucks,but the paxs love them. Is Uber more concerned about the paxs or the drivers? They treat the CSR,s as bad and maybe even worst than the drivers because unlike the driver's the CSRs have direct contact with Uber. If it is common information that Uber has paid posters to this site is it a fair assumption that they are not aware of what the problem is and what is being said here?

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts

Hi Altima ATL,

I noticed you're one of our top partners in Atlanta, but haven't been driving with Uber lately. Wanted to personally reach out and see if you had any questions or concerns, or if you needed any support from the team.

Talk soon!

Best,
Melissa
Just delete it, replying is a total waste of time.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
UberATL,

Thanks for reaching out, but to your statement of "earn even more this weekend"... My experience is quite the opposite. It is just not possible to "earn" anything with the current rate structure.

Please let me know when rates are raised to a level where an actual profit is possible.

Altima ATL

·
Registered
602 Posts
UberATL,

Thanks for reaching out, but to your statement of "earn even more this weekend"... My experience is quite the opposite. It is just not possible to "earn" anything with the current rate structure.

Please let me know when rates are raised to a level where an actual profit is possible.

Altima ATL
Nice try, but your putting way too much faith in Uber's concern or sympathy to drivers needs. As ATL said if they really didn't know what the problem is (which
they absolutely do) being subtle with them is a waste if time and pointless.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts