Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note: Canceled first driver twice because he had a F150 and I don't think I could have comfortably entered the vehicle. Finally waited til a closer uber popped up and re-requested a new one.

Ok, driver had a 4.7. Pic so small I couldn't see his face. No picture of vehicle either (not his fault but if he's aware, he needs to get it fixed asap). Filthy stained seats, smudges alllll over the windows and in desperate need of a vacuum. Held phone entire trip (no phone holder thingy). Ran a stop sign cause he just piggy backed driver in front of us. CALLED to get my exact location which I put in the business name so it'd be easier to find me (that was annoying!!). Asked me where to go in my apartment complex even though pin was on my specific building. Gave him $2.

What do I rate him? 5 cause what do you expect for these rates? Or 4 cause he needs to be informed of his messy ass car? I'm a softy and don't wanna be the cause of a suspension.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UberHammer I know, I know. I can leave feedback but Charlotte drivers don't see any of the written feedback so what would be the point of even providing it.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Rate him 3*. He won't clean up his act until he sees a reason to. If he started yesterday, he doesn't have enough trips to be deactivated. If he's been around the block, a single 3 won't upset his 4.7. But it could. And it sounds like in this case, it should.

I would hope that the driver recognizes his folly and I don't know this for a fact but I would assume if he could clean up his car, he could send pics to Uber and request to get back online.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
UberHammer I know, I know. I can leave feedback but Charlotte drivers don't see any of the written feedback so what would be the point of even providing it.
The only point of the feedback is for Uber to deactivate drivers based entirely on an average rating. Anything more than that would be a burden on Uber, and burdens are a cost.

·
Premium Member
3,407 Posts
3.. Because he held his phone while driving and ran a stop sign.. Those are big safety issues in my book.

Car is dirty is probably because he can't afford a car wash :)

He called to verify is probably because he's sick of chasing incorrect pins.

·
Registered
571 Posts
What's the conundrum?

Want him removed from Uber?
1 through 4

By not giving the driver your educated opinion, you are silently gave him a 5, unless you're a sadist.

It was nice of you to tip -- which also was a sign of your satisfaction.

Uber on JV

PS: why is it uncomfortable for you to enter a truck, if that's not too personal?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Get rid of the bad drivers/cars.

-1 for driving unsafely

-1 for the condition of the vehicle

3 stars

I would say the same thing if I were the driver. I've had a couple trips on which I probably earned a 4 instead of a 5.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
poopy i failed him. I mean, if he already has a 4.7 then he's likely to keep going down. Also, the F150 is a tall truck, I think. I have a long dress on (this is how I drive for uber... pretty. Lol). It would have been a "hike up the dress to get in" situation and no one needs to see that.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Note: Canceled first driver twice because he had a F150 and I don't think I could have comfortably entered the vehicle. Finally waited til a closer uber popped up and re-requested a new one.

Ok, driver had a 4.7. Pic so small I couldn't see his face. No picture of vehicle either (not his fault but if he's aware, he needs to get it fixed asap). Filthy stained seats, smudges alllll over the windows and in desperate need of a vacuum. Held phone entire trip (no phone holder thingy). Ran a stop sign cause he just piggy backed driver in front of us. CALLED to get my exact location which I put in the business name so it'd be easier to find me (that was annoying!!). Asked me where to go in my apartment complex even though pin was on my specific building. Gave him $2.

What do I rate him? 5 cause what do you expect for these rates? Or 4 cause he needs to be informed of his messy ass car? I'm a softy and don't wanna be the cause of a suspension.
1. Vehicle cleanliness is a big one. My back floor gets dirty and i have window smudges after 8 hours. People bring dirt in and make my car messy, its part of the job, i dont have time to vacuum clean and wipe down my car after every ride. If you are an uber driver, how dirty is your vehicle after 8 hours of work or 20PAX?

2. calling is a good thing, not everyone one knows where you are, where you will be, some building are huge and have multiple entrances. you dont know every street and you havent been to every building in your city.

3. I always ask my pax for guidance if im not sure where the apartments building front door is. Apartment building can be very complicated. You should be thankful he asked, not annoyed. Pins dont mean jack shit, you should know this as an Uber driver.

4. vehicle picture is Ubers fault, not driver. We have no control what info Uber puts in to their system.

5. pic face? again, Uber controls how a pic gets cropped.

6. rate him based on his vehicle cleanliness and his driving. He ran a stop sign, so thats -2. I almost ran a stop sign because it was covered by tree branches... thats City faulty.
Dirty vehicle -2(only if its 50% dirtier then yours after 8 hours of driving).

7. Must have phone holder of some sort. -1.

8. Your expectations are a bit high for an Uber driver, next time walk or Uber your self home. Or pay for UberBlack if you want the queen bee service.

Reactions: Huberis

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
It is still more qualitative.

"I'm a softy and don't wanna be the cause of a suspension." It's over 500 rides. The real problem is that there is no standard metric for voting, the driver will not be able to know specifically how you voted and even if he did know, it is doubtful that he would be able to extrapolate what it meant. The rating system seems to be more about making a pax feel empowered to express their frustrations if and when needed, but it isn't an expression of a meaningful standard. There is zero metric. A pax could rate a driver while drunk, having been drunk, wishing to get drunk, upset over trivial matters or a big surge.

The rating system in and of itself means nothing. Here is what I suggest you consider: If you have genuine concerns over say the safety of the guy's driving: See if you can rate him a five and then leave feedback for Uber. When you do leave that feedback, tell them you find the star system to be lacking a standard metric and not of much value. Something to that effect....... Then proceed with your comments.

Upon reading this thread, I believe al drivers as pax, should vote all drivers with either five stars and then leave any complaints in the form of comments. Either that or leave no stars and then leave comments if that is even an option.

That could do a couple of helpful things, anything that helps undermine travis' ability to manipulate drivers through fear is good. It would/could also send a message back to Kalanickstan that the drivers are putting some real thought into the rating system and how it effects their ability to enjoy their work in a reasonable way...... Something along those lines.

Give it some thought: five stars or no stars, any issue with the driver is strictly in the written English language. To do so would require Uber actually work. It could serve to help disrupt the pattern and we all know how travis loves disruption.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
And I might add: Even if changing that way of rating a fellow driver does little to undermine the system, it might change the way a driver relates to their own rating woes.

The rating system is rigged to control the very people who own the car, fuel it, repair it, haul their behinds around in it hour after hour so Uber can than take their cut. Travis knows damn well the typical driver, under the best circumstances isn't going to be around for more than 9 months to a year. How exactly does he make drivers hop skip and jump? He rings the dinner bell called surge and he then threatens to take a way the meal through fear of bad ratings. It is insane.

Drivers should not be trying to participate on that level with respect to the future of other driver's careers. In my opinion.

Look at the metric some drivers are giving for how to rate another driver: minus one star here, minus another star there, here a star there a star.

Now consider how you are evaluated: 90% of you fall above a 4.6 but 100% are all within 4/10ths of being cut off. It is insane it is so manipulative.

They just want all the drivers to feel as if they are on a tightrope. Don't play that game if you don't have to. You do not have to do that. Find a way to subvert it.

The method I described in the previous post may be worthless, but I promise it is looking in a reasonable direction for a better way to relate.

Reactions: Jam Val
1 - 20 of 29 Posts