Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^^ Heading Question
I heard a few of the drivers at the airport talking about paying 2-3 parking tickets a month! Are you counting these in your vehicle costs?? I rarely get any maybe 1-2 a year for $50.

I'm talking about when things were normal before this shut-down.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
None because I don't double park, and I use Cruise control when driving. Try it you might like having a clean driving record next time you look for Insurance.

·
Premium Member
5,409 Posts
^^ Heading Question
I heard a few of the drivers at the airport talking about paying 2-3 parking tickets a month! Are you counting these in your vehicle costs?? I rarely get any maybe 1-2 a year for $50.

Ive gotten 4 redlight photo violations in the 3 years i been driving. 200,000 miles

·
Banned
8,809 Posts
Worse. I got towed from an apartment complex for not having a sticker. Was inside for 2 minutes. Boom gone.

Reactions: ariel5466 and M62

·
Registered
34 Posts
^^ Heading Question

2 1/2 years driving nearly full time in Boston. Weekdays sta
rting at 5 a.m.
Speeding Tickets - 0
Moving Violations - 0
Warnings - 0
Parking tickets - 1
Stay cool and go with the flow

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Been going on 4 years without a ticket and my insurance reflects that. I had to change up my style of driving. I use to drive like I was always in a hurry and now I drive like Im never in a hurry because Im not. I figured if you don’t give them a reason to pull you over then they can’t. Patience is key out here especially when you drive full time all week long and deal with the general public.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Tickets eat into my profits
I have a few warnings (mostly headlight/brake lights which is why I carry extra bulbs in my glovebox
Had some cops hold their flashlight while I changed it
Otherwise 1-2 miles over speed limit & cruise control constantly
Turn signals when changing lanes
It becomes automatic after a while

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Haven’t had a ticket or an accident in over 15 years.

Been pulled over 3 times doing Rideshare though. Twice was for questionable U-turns after bar pickups. Cops thought they had an easy DUI. Soon as they saw the Uber sticker, they let me go.

Third time I think I got profiled. Same outcome though, let me go soon as soon as they saw I was Uber.

·
Premium Member
3,158 Posts
^^ Heading Question

Last ticket for speeding.... July 10,1980. My honeymoon. Caught by aircraft and was stopped at the Idaho border.

·
6,161 Posts
Been driving since 1985.
  • Never had a parking ticket.
  • Got a no seat belt ticket once.
  • Got 3 tickets one night, no proof of insurance, no registration, no DL. Left my wallet at home. Officer was in a bad mood, judge threw all 3 out. She had no reason to pull me over other than looking for drunk drivers.
  • I have had 3 speeding tickets in those 35 years of driving.

·
Super Moderator
15,622 Posts
Knock on wood.

I've been driving legally since I was 15 and a half (illegally probly since when I was around 11), that would be around 1980ish.

Only had a couple street sweeping tickets.

I drive like my grandma would have if she had known how to drive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts