Uber Drivers Forum banner

How often do you clean the interior of your vehicle (vacuum, wipe down, etc.)?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I am conducting some research to determine how often drivers clean the interior of your vehicle. Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Jon

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
I wipe my Interior down every Day, also clean with a Battery operated Vacuum. Only takes a few minutes.
Outside, I use a Duster, if the Vehicle isn't wet.
I wash the Car about every 3-4 Days, myself. And yes, it is a black Car. Hard to keep clean.

·
Administrator
6,710 Posts
Wash and vacuum every day. Wipe down dash, doors and so-on as well. $20 month car wash pass.

Shampoo seats and floor mats every month during busy times. $80 investment for a portable upholstery cleaner.

Even if not driving pax I like my ride clean.

·
Super Moderator
6,003 Posts
Light vacuum once every 2 or 3 days with hand vac (unless I notice someone left crumbs or anything on seats before that). Shake out mats about once a week. Wipe down interior once every few months. Do full vacuum maybe once or twice a year.

If I was doing Premium, Lux or whatever, I might do more than that, but I don't think Uberx warrants much more.

·
Registered
727 Posts
All,

I am conducting some research to determine how often drivers clean the interior of your vehicle.

Appreciate your help

Thanks,
Jon
Hi there brand new member "Jon Jacobs" aka corporate spy that conducts surveys on their first post.
Try driving with us for real instead of sitting behind the desk conducting b.s. surveys and figure it out for yourself.

·
Premium Member
4,533 Posts
Everyday... Have an easy set up at home and squirt mats with cleaner....clean seats with brush attachment and then put on second attachment and Suck up dirt and debris on rubber floor liners. Takes about ten minutes a day. Also clean glass daily at pump while putting in gas with the free paper towels and window cleaner avaliable at pumps.

·
Premium Member
2,254 Posts
Hi there brand new member "Jon Jacobs" aka corporate spy that conducts surveys on their first post.
Try driving with us for real instead of sitting behind the desk conducting b.s. surveys and figure it out for yourself.
Let JJ do his job

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree. All corporate employees at Uber should try driving for a change.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Once a week full wash & vacuum. Every working day microfiber-towel the outside/upholstery/surfaces plus shake mats.

Being LA, I get a fresh brown/tan coat of this dust/sand/whatever by the end of each shift, most notably on the rear hatch, so a full daily wipe-down is important. But what's worse is this lovely lovely oily film I seem to get after being at the LAX airport, on the paint it's not as big a deal as it is on glass where it needs a dusting plus glass cleaner spray & wipe.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Car doesn't really get too dirty. It gets caked in tree pollen this time of year. I will wipe down the seats a couple times a week. Go self wash and vacuum for $4.00 once a week.

I don't drive a ton, the more pax a driver has, the more often they will need to clean their car.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I've actually cleaned my car less now that I've done RS longer. As the interior cleanliness has no effect on whether or not a pax tips me or rates me 5* what used to be a twice weekly wash and near daily vacuum has now turned into a one monthly wash (rain takes care of a lot of it here) and a bi-weekly vacuum. If there's debris in my mats I usually just shake them off and stage for the next pax.

In fact, like Hans GrUber, the lack of cleanliness has probably created a higher rating and tip occurrence rate for me.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts