Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done 15 trips with no tips (4.85 rating). I was surprised no one has yet even though I always provide great service (on-time, smile, know when to chat or keep quiet, and provide water bottles to everyone). I have given 5 waters and still no tips.

Is this typical?

Side note: I had all tourists except for two, from NJ, NY, San Diego, San Francisco, Chicago etc.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Yes it is typical.

Uber provides dis-information "no tip required". No tip is required, but pax hold that as Gospel.

I received a couple of $2 tips and one $10 this week, but that is not normal
Zero is normal.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Although, I thought for sure this one guy was going to tip me. I had to drive about 25 minutes to get him because no other driver would accept his ping probably. And it took me forever to find him because he dropped the pin in the wrong location (of course) and was at a weird location during high tourist season.

He thanked me for the water I provided because it was a hot day, and we were stuck in so much traffic because it was a busy tourist day and I had a good 30 minutes of traffic dead miles going back and the guy didn't even tip me $1 lol

He was nicely dressed and staying at a $500 a night Hotel and said he was from San Francisco. Oh well.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I never ask either. Okay, so would you say you get tipped exery "x" amount of rides, x being...10?
It's like every thing else uber. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. I can go a week with no tips, then the next I get tips on 90% of my rides

·
Premium Member
10,826 Posts
Think I got 4/ $3 tips today. Thank you OC.

·
25,721 Posts
......hardly ever, and, with one exception, from people who do not live here..............

The one person who did live here who tipped me, did it on Uber TAXI. I did try to tell him that there is a default setting on Uber Taxi for the tip, thus, it was not necessary. He told me that he knew that, and had left it at the default setting, but he insisted on my taking the cash tip, as well. When I did the bookwork, I found that he had, in fact, left it at the default tip setting.

Uber Taxi is the only Uber platform where there is a tip function. Uber Taxi is not in every Uber market, but it is here.

·
Registered
966 Posts
And no tips for about three weeks I got two out of three this morning and one out of three last night. It's sort of like playing scratch tickets

Reactions: JaxBeachDriver

·
Registered
776 Posts
Personally my tips didn't start rolling in until I started offering cappuccinos and steamed hand towels.

Raised my rating quick-like up to a solid 4.6.

Win-win!
You are too cheap. Cappuccinos and hot hand towels only ? Step it up to Irish coffees and shoulder and neck massages, and may be you will then achieve that great level of a 4.7 rating that every Uber driver should aspire to, and you will become a millionaire out of the tips you will get.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've done 15 trips with no tips (4.85 rating). I was surprised no one has yet even though I always provide great service (on-time, smile, know when to chat or keep quiet, and provide water bottles to everyone). I have given 5 waters and still no tips.

Is this typical?

Side note: I had all tourists except for two, from NJ, NY, San Diego, San Francisco, Chicago etc.
I joined the TAG program and that seem to help me get a tip from a recent Airport runs but sucks that all PAX are giving no tip for Uber ride anymore thinking it's part of the fare

·
Premium Member
10,826 Posts
The whole problem with adding a tip function is uber will report that as income. Is that what we want ?

So we play right into the governemt coffers. It won't be the drivers petition that gets it done. As it lays in the hands of gov regulators. And why the gov wants a cashless society.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Overall? Probably 5% but the last 7 days would be 10%. Still shitty!

Ask me how many of those short riders got 4 stars when they didn't tip? 90%. I was nice to a pretty girl because it was her first ride and I didn't want her to have trouble getting her ride home that night with a 4 star rating.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I got a 20$ tip today. ....I waited, while the guy waited for his drug deal to go down, I think. It's my second day driving. Hope I never see all that again.
What, to never see a 20 buck tip? LOL, you probably won't see that again! BTW, what is up with people lately putting the $ sign after the number and the % sign in front of the number? Is this an English as a second language situation? It has to be as I see it a ton on this site.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts