Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far twice this week I have encountered pick ups who call to tell me their pick up address is wrong. Is this an app issue or user? Today was super frustrating I got one super close to where I was, only to get there to be texted that the address was actually suppose to be else where which was several miles away. I told them to cancel and re request. Such a waste of a time. :/

·
Registered
924 Posts
Happens all the time, today for me has been "rider no show" I have had 4 rides where I have shown up, app notified rider I set my timer and at 5:01 I rider no show through the app, not sure what the issue is today but I have had 4 XL no shows and 3 x request no shows.

Thankfully all of the requests were less than 5 min away so I just took my no show fee and called it a day.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Sometimes gps is off. Ive seen it off up to 1000 feet. Also seen it where app is correct but google maps takes me to complex behind pickup.

Most of the time its pax error... they are messing with the app and then request when pointer is not in the right place. Uber app has feature to tell pax its off, but only works at longer distance.

I have noticed they get it right when they're going to the airport.

If theres no surge, I usually wait 5 min then cancel. But i only work surges.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
A lot of pax don't understand the pin drop. They don't seem to realize they should correct the address before they make the drop. I've had pax tell me the "app always get my address wrong" I tell them to look at the top banner to make sure the address is correct they can put the address in before making the request.
I've had a lot say ... oh, I didn't know that
SMH

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
You should try and pick-up at a baseball stadium. It's a challenge because streets you normally can drive on any other time of day are coned off, people are walking all over the place, and your pax drops the pins on the parking lot everyone is leaving, on streets you can't drive to or, this is the best one, in the middle of the stadium field. I just have to laugh every time. Tonight, I was able to get one pick-up though the pin was off by three blocks. She called and we decided to make the pick-up at the ice cream store across the street.

I think what people are doing is not expanding the map to its largest level before they drop that pin. I also think people pin using an address and not actually where they are standing or want to be picked up at.

The address range ping is what kills me, like (100-250 Main St). I cancel/mark bad address or let those ping out. Those drive me nuts.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Uber should have a flash banner on the pax screen as they order the ride
BE SURE THE PICK UP ADDRESS IS CORRECT. - ANY CHANGE WILL BE A $10.00 PENALTY

They could snooze it up a little by saying something like "in order to provide you the best possible service it is extremely important that you have the correct address."

·
Registered
793 Posts
Happened this morning where it was wrong and pax said he's done this a million times implying it was my fault. I said it was him and we told each other off. I told uber to block him from future requests with me. I like this feature... never have to see him again and he sees my car on the passenger app and it's a longer wait as i never have to deal w him again

·
Registered
793 Posts
Happened this morning where it was wrong and pax said he's done this a million times implying it was my fault. I said it was him and we told each other off. I told uber to block him from future requests with me. I like this feature... never have to see him again and he sees my car on the passenger app and it's a longer wait as i never have to deal w him again
As i expected this ahole told uber and its added toward 'attitude' count. Anyone know how many it takes to get banned?

·
Registered
47 Posts
It will delete it's self from your account after 500 trips, however try not to have more than 2 of those within the same 500 trips, or Uber will look at you as the problem and not the passengers. On that note if I assume that a passenger will give me a bad rating once I have started the trip, I will take them all the way to thier destination and once I hit the parking lot I will cancel the trip to prevent them from rating me. Your fare will Talley all the way to the point of the cancellation! GOT'EM!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Or my fellow drivers try this text on your way:

To expedite your pick up please provide an exact location such as:

What business you're at?

What door are you located?

What building your in?

What is your gate code

·
Super Moderator
6,273 Posts
About 10-15% of the time, Usually I tell passengers for future reference that if they are being picked up at a restaurant or business then it is a great help to the Drivers if they actually put in the name of the Business instead of the address.
What I've started doing if it looks like a business or restaurant address is before setting off I google the address and many times the name of the business/restaurant shows up in the search.

·
Registered
793 Posts
On another note any drivers know of what lies pax tell and Uber will refund or adjust pax fare?
Most lies are for cancellation fee... pax say were there and driver was at incorrect place

Bad route... when it was actually 2 stops

Trip didnt happen at all

Uber usually believes both parties for smaller amounts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Adresses are wrong by miles sometimes because they are trying to avoid surge and want to talk you into their location at a cheaper rate. Also other drivers are trying to push you away since you are their competition. And of course good ole fashioned pranks. These incidents are not always what they seem or accidental.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I know for a fact that sometimes the TNC will transmit the wrong information to the maps application resulting in troublesome pick ups. Source: address in TNC app is correct, yet, GMaps/Waze will take you two blocks off. WTH?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I know for a fact that sometimes the TNC will transmit the wrong information to the maps application resulting in troublesome pick ups. Source: address in TNC app is correct, yet, GMaps/Waze will take you two blocks

Just wait 5 minutes and cancel - pax no show ... then throw your phone out the window

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
All the freaking time. Better question would be how many paxs blame you and yell at you for it. Once morning I drive to pin that was squarely placed in an intersection with grass and warehouses on all sides. I didn't see any people around so I pull over nearby and waited a minute. I decided that the guy must have put in the wrong address so I called him which started a conversation consisting of him blaming me for driving to the wrong place and how I need to come pick him up. So I hung up and canceled the ride.

·
Premium Member
3,780 Posts
All the freaking time. Better question would be how many paxs blame you and yell at you for it. Once morning I drive to pin that was squarely placed in an intersection with grass and warehouses on all sides. I didn't see any people around so I pull over nearby and waited a minute. I decided that the guy must have put in the wrong address so I called him which started a conversation consisting of him blaming me for driving to the wrong place and how I need to come pick him up. So I hung up and canceled the ride.
Should have waited and RNS.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts