Uber Drivers Forum banner

What incentive needs to be offered for you to come back online?

• $300

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • $400

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • $500

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • $600

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Nothing will make me come back until the UI runs out.

Votes: 17 47.2%
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

Premium Member
Uber just lowered wages in California over 30% they can now keep 90% of the surge charged to customers and have taken away the name your own price tool. Uber says they are handing out bonuses and that is a lie they make you work for a guarantee it is not free money 130 rides for $1,200 that is around $9 a ride most drivers after performing 130 make over $1,200 so uber gives you nothing extra. Uber need to be regulated every state and every county need to have a minimum mile/minute pay rate for drivers just like NYC and Seattle. Now is the time for government intervention and California would be a great place to start.

Premium Member
I can make $20 an hour sitting on a manufacturing production line doing mindless work
yeah, but how many here could handle a 40hr a week job M-F? Not a large percent for sure.

Premium Member
$27 per hour is really $20 per hour net after ALL expenses..... I can make $20 an hour sitting on a manufacturing production line doing mindless work , getting health insurance, OT, 501k matching, vacation and sick pay, and unemployment compensation when the time comes.

Uber would need to offer consistent $40 an hour earnings just to MATCH that, much less be considered a better job.....
It gets even worse and is why I said that their $27 an hour claim is questionable... here is the small print of their offer:

* For illustrative purposes only; results may vary. Above figures based on earnings in Inland Empire from April 11, 2021 to April 18, 2021. Drivers using Lyft earn by the job, not by the hour. The hourly earnings communicated are no guarantee of future performance and not indicative of any specific driver's earnings, and calculated before taxes, insurance, depreciation, and other costs associated with being a rideshare driver. This calculation includes all online platform time for drivers, including any potential time spent engaged with other app-based services.

"This calculation includes all online platform time for drivers, including any potential time spent engaged with other app-based services." is my favorite part. Hehe.

Basically if you're out there delivering packages for Flex, delivering groceries for Instacart, running take out food to customers for DoorDash, and doing Lyft in your spare time with a few Uber runs thrown in as well, you might just make $27 an hour - before expenses.

Premium Member
A couple months back Uber offered me $100 to do three rides. I gave it some thought and figured I'd go for it and do three rides on the way home from work. I have had Covid and recovered and I have been fully vaccinated. So it is as safe for me to give rides as it has ever been. When I attempted to go online it said my background check was pending. I am still stuck there. Checkr says Uber hasn't even requested a background check for me for at least six months. Meanwhile my area is constantly surging (Charlotte-style) due to lack of drivers. Lyft had no problem completing my background check, but they aren't offering me any incentive to drive other than a questionable claim that I can make $27 an hour.
Oh man! Uber just sent me the same offer: $100 for 3 rides. But I still cannot drive due to a pending background check that ain't ever happening. However, they did finally approve my 2020 LAX Placard. Hehe.

Other than asking local drivers to drive 100 miles to LAX, this is literally only the second time I have ever received a promotional offer in my area in 6 years. And once again I cannot take advantage of it.

Premium Member
I wrote last week that I was offered a bonus of almost $400 to do 50 rides from Sunday to Thursday night 4:00 am. What I found odd is that I've been online and hitting 50 rides easily most weeks. That makes me puzzled as to why Uber would offer ants like me an incentive if I am already working and haven't stopped during the pandemic. But I am wondering what amount of money it would take for ants currently at home and not working to hit that online button before the UI runs out in September?
Lyft gave me like a $300 or $400 back in October that I got (and needed). While that can be tempting, I鈥檓 never going back. I got car jacked and that was it. No amount of money is worth putting my life in danger. Besides I have other opportunities now.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts