Uber Drivers Forum banner

What incentive needs to be offered for you to come back online?

• $300

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • $400

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • $500

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • $600

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Nothing will make me come back until the UI runs out.

Votes: 17 47.2%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote last week that I was offered a bonus of almost $400 to do 50 rides from Sunday to Thursday night 4:00 am. What I found odd is that I've been online and hitting 50 rides easily most weeks. That makes me puzzled as to why Uber would offer ants like me an incentive if I am already working and haven't stopped during the pandemic. But I am wondering what amount of money it would take for ants currently at home and not working to hit that online button before the UI runs out in September?

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I hope nothing they could do will bring back drivers. I hope everyone who left knows better and that things with LyUber hasn't changed and that once the honeymoon is over, it'll go back to LyUber abusing their drivers- like how they are in California with their recent decision to remove the ability to see where the trips are going.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
But I am wondering what amount of money it would take for ants currently at home and not working to hit that online button before the UI runs out in September?
Even if Lyft/Uber offered bonuses that were equal to the UI money they're currently getting, it wouldn't do much to combat the $3-$4 gallon of gas, and the omnipresent wear-and-tear on your vehicle, which can cost hundreds to repair in each instance.

So, if you're making $500 per week collecting unemployment, it's pretty hard to see where Uber or Lyft can match that without offering an enormous bonus to make up for fuel costs and the attendant bad attitude you get from most rideshare pax. In fact, some people might say if they could net $500 per week driving rideshare, or net $500 per week watching TV, playing video games, and sleeping 11 hours per day, the choice is still pretty clear.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Even if Lyft/Uber offered bonuses that were equal to the UI money they're currently getting, it wouldn't do much to combat the $3-$4 gallon of gas, and the omnipresent wear-and-tear on your vehicle, which can cost hundreds to repair in each instance.

So, if you're making $500 per week collecting unemployment, it's pretty hard to see where Uber or Lyft can match that without offering an enormous bonus to make up for fuel costs and the attendant bad attitude you get from most rideshare pax. In fact, some people might say if they could net $500 per week driving rideshare, or net $500 per week watching TV, playing video games, and sleeping 11 hours per day, the choice is still pretty clear.
Yea but what about all the money
you need to spend on food while
you are sitting around watching tv?
And the omnipresent costs of housing?

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Yea but what about all the money
you need to spend on food while
you are sitting around watching tv?
And the omnipresent costs of housing?
So, you are saying you only have rent or mortgage due when you're not logged on to Uber? You only eat when you are not driving around pax? None of what you said makes any sense.

the dollar amount is not as critical as is the time frame in which they give you to earn it. Like everything they do it's designed to appear to be more lucrative then it really is.
It all depends on the specifics of the bonus. In some cases, the bonus will "guarantee" a certain amount of money for doing a certain amount of rides. There are quite a few cases where the rides will naturally produce more money than the bonus guarantees, and in those cases, Uber/Lyft isn't paying you anything extra.

When Lyft was running the $15 additional bonus for three consecutive rides (and they were running each bonus for three different dayparts every day of the week) those bonuses made it well worth my while to drive. After ride number three, I logged off and went home. Rinse. Repeat.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
So, you are saying you only have rent or mortgage due when you're not logged on to Uber? You only eat when you are not driving around pax? None of what you said makes any sense.

It all depends on the specifics of the bonus. In some cases, the bonus will "guarantee" a certain amount of money for doing a certain amount of rides. There are quite a few cases where the rides will naturally produce more money than the bonus guarantees, and in those cases, Uber/Lyft isn't paying you anything extra.

When Lyft was running the $15 additional bonus for three consecutive rides (and they were running each bonus for three different dayparts every day of the week) those bonuses made it well worth my while to drive. After ride number three, I logged off and went home. Rinse. Repeat.
Bonuses are bonuses
Last week was $600 for 100 rides
each mon -thur and fri- sun
ride guarantees are just that worthless
#s that dont really affect anything
The topic here was bonuses.
Uber offered over $1000 per week
if one was to drive hard all week
At a very minimum one would book at least $2000 - $2500 doing that much work
Cost of gas and or vehicles doesnt factor
in much if you are making $3000 a week
Apparantly sarcasm blows over your head
Staying home for $700 a week citing gas and vehicle costs is what doesnt make sense...

·
Premium Member
2,237 Posts
Uber is making a smart move to get drivers back on the road here in CA. Uber just announced a pay reduction and less ride info because Uber believes most ants do not like the idea of higher pay and ride info, which is why they are staying home.

Once the reduction in pay and less rider info is in play you can bet drivers will be out in full force!

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
They will come back without one $.
It’s just a matter of time.
Back to normal, endless supply of new drivers with new cars.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Bonuses are bonuses
Last week was $600 for 100 rides
You're making the faulty assumption that all drivers in all markets are being offered the same thing. They aren't. You're also making the faulty assumptions that the bonuses offered to you in your market, will continue to be offered to everyone else in other markets through August. They won't be.

You're also making the faulty assumption that everyone in America wants to work. Offer a person the choice between $1000 per week to work their ass off, or $800 per week to sleep in as much as they want....guess which option at least 50% of America would chose.

Your post is rife with false assumptions and incorrect assessments about human nature.

·
Premium Member
6,874 Posts
Not sure my exact number. It is in the four digits. Since I know I wont be offered I haven't really thought about it. Maybe $1,500.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
You're making the faulty assumption that all drivers in all markets are being offered the same thing. They aren't. You're also making the faulty assumptions that the bonuses offered to you in your market, will continue to be offered to everyone else in other markets through August. They won't be.

You're also making the faulty assumption that everyone in America wants to work. Offer a person the choice between $1000 per week to work their ass off, or $800 per week to sleep in as much as they want....guess which option at least 50% of America would chose.

Your post is rife with false assumptions and incorrect assessments about human nature.
I didnt tell people not to work you did.
If people are lazy or in a crappy market
that is on them not me...

·
Premium Member
3,469 Posts
Be careful with that "bonus".

From what I heard...it is actually saying that if you do 50 rides, you are guaranteed to make at least $400.

So, if you only make $350 for the 50 rides..they will pay you the remaining $50

so I have heard. Maybe that is not the case.

Reactions: Young Kim

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Be careful with that "bonus".

From what I heard...it is actually saying that if you do 50 rides, you are guaranteed to make at least $400.

So, if you only make $350 for the 50 rides..they will pay you the remaining $50

so I have heard. Maybe that is not the case.

Theres a difference between a ride guarantee (usually lyft or new uber driver)
and a quest bonus.
Quests are do however many rides and
get a set amount on top of the fares
Below is this weekends top tiers
Screenshot_20210414-140205_Uber Driver.jpg

It will automatically enroll you
in a lower tier if you dont make a choice
of one of these 3 14 hour day levels
This will still add up to than more an additional $10 an hour but you will be working your ass off and a problem like a flat or some other unforseen circumstance can screw you out of it..

·
Premium Member
14,727 Posts
I think you need to have another choice on this poll:

Not going back online until fully vaxxed with the mind control, tracking, extra body parts growing, gogo juice.

Just saying.

·
Premium Member
3,469 Posts
Since I am a part-time weekend driver, right now Uncle Sam if offering an incentive far beyond any incentive Uber is capable of.
What? The unemployment????

1 - 20 of 47 Posts