Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am relatively new at this, and I am just curious as to how much can one expect to make Gross not Net driving for Uber in Miami?

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Depends on way too many variables. For starters, you need to break down the basics.

How many hours are you driving, what type of car do you have, what are Uber fare rates where you drive?

I'd say if you are lucky you can make $10/hr (if you're lucky) and if you're not lucky, well, it can be less than minimum wage...

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
It would be nice to know the reqired number of trips to earn the sign on bonus.
Chicago is was/is only 20 trips. I've earned a 150 sign on and 200 from a referral.
That alone makes giving it a try worth it, unless you get into an accident, or accused of wrong doing.
Shot...

The math would be easy if I knew the rates. In Chicago, 1.7+.90+.20. Base fare, per mile, per minute.
If I knew Miami's numbers, I could make a solid estimate using my any of the 507 trips I've made.
One estimate for short trips an estimate for average trip, one estimate for my longest trip.

Keep in mind it takes action, effort to make or create anything from nothing.
Jump in blindly and start slow. You can stop anytime, but, find a referral code and make an extra sign on bonus.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
The other thing you might keep in mind is, if your car breaks down, do you have the cash or credit to get the car fixed, and how long will it take.
Something like this will disrupt your day to day life. You know, you take two trips and make $5.72. On your ride home, the car overheats.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts