Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to join the Uber "force" in MIAMI for a short period of time. I've taken Uber rides and 2 out of 3 drivers told me they make enough money to survive. What are real expectations money-wise? and in what time frame?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It really isn't, it is something to get you through a rough patch in your life or very sparse part time for some extra spending money just be aware that you are basically trading equity in your car for extra money in your account.
I appreciate it, Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have 13000 miles remaining on my leased car and six months to use 'em up, rather than it sitting in my garage I think I'm converting into dollars what I paid for, I advise all to take their cars back with 1 mile remaining on it. Anyway I can stick it to Lehman Honda gives me great pleasure....hehe.
Otherwise there are too many pitfalls to do this work, the risks of being ticketed high on the list in S Fl, Broward fiasco, danger on the roads, insurance issues and the no tipping policy.
Otherwise I do like being a part time taxista, the people are drive are interesting I have to admit, although cheap it has led to a couple of good contacts.
Please advise if you think I have it wrong re the lease car......oh, the guy who always advises Uber is illegal in Dade and Broward please step aside, oh and the who one says you are invalidating the lease agreement too. I think we are all been manipulated, can't hurt to bend a few rules yourself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
$7/hr After Uber's 20%, $1 Safety fee, Gas & Tolls (Lots of Tolls in Miami)
Minimum Fare is $4, Driver makes $2.40

Drive 10 min. to pick up someone that you drive for 4 min. you make $2.40 subtract what you paid for gas and it is less than $2.40

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
I'll try it out, nothing beats first hand experience. If it doesn't work I'll stop eventually. Thanks for your posts
Every post here advised you that Uber is a money losing shit show, and yet you're determined to sign up.

P.T. Barnum was right.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'll try it out, nothing beats first hand experience. If it doesn't work I'll stop eventually. Thanks for your posts
I understand. I did the same.

Just keep track of your time while logged into the app (even while no rider is in your car).

Keep track of your Tolls. Both, heading to hotspots and heading to pickups and on trips with a rider. Check your SunPass account activity, Make sure Uber is reimbursing you for all the tolls with a passenger in your car. No toll booths (SunPass/EzPass) makes it easy to not realize how much you are spending on tolls. Make sure that when looking at your payouts that you subtract the tolls. That is not extra money you earned, it is a reimbursement for money you already spent on the toll. A $10 payout with a $1 Toll is a $9 payout.

Keep track of your gas! I would fill my tank right before I went online to drive. Then fill up at the same gas station and log off the app, So, I would know exactly how much gas I was using while logged on to drive. You can see how much gas you used to just to drive for Uber, instead of estimating.

Write down your mileage when you Fill up and log on, then again when you fill up and log off.

Keep receipts for everything and write down all your expenses.

Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
oh, the guy who always advises Uber is illegal in Dade and Broward please step aside.
I have picked up cops in uniform and have given them a ride to work, drop of police headquarters. I asked point blank if Uber was illegal in Miami-Dade the answer was always "No".
Had to insist one put his seatbelt on!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
2 million plus in tickets says two things they don't know shit or cops only enforce laws they want to enforce if they want a cheap ride to work its legal if there told to enforce vehicle for hire laws on the books in Miami dade their scratching you a ticket or two

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have picked up cops in uniform and have given them a ride to work, drop of police headquarters. I asked point blank if Uber was illegal in Miami-Dade the answer was always "No".
Had to insist one put his seatbelt on!!
The police aren't enforcing this. They don't have the time. It is the County's Code Enforcement Dept. that are enforcing this.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'm looking to join the Uber "force" in MIAMI for a short period of time. I've taken Uber rides and 2 out of 3 drivers told me they make enough money to survive. What are real expectations money-wise? and in what time frame?
It is on average an $8 per hour job after expenses. Give it a try and see if you like it. Keep track of all hours online, and miles driven. It also seems that he hourly rate is dropping this week. Could be because there is no more Uber in Broward county. I have spoken to many drivers who say that the average is now around $6 per hour this week after gas. Obviously this will cause many to quit so it may go up a couple of bucks again. I would guess most driver quit after a few days, but it does not cost much to try it out. Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have yet to start driving. Anyone experience being "nervous" per say about your first ride? A friend of mine made $356 in about 6 hours tho this past weekend.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts