·
Banned
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
That is the B$G question.
I have not done mine yet. Has anyone done it?
I usually always do my own taxes but can be a bit complicated now driving full time in 2016.

I want to deduct as much as possible.. not just the .54 cents per mile but anything else I can deduct.

I stopped at HR Block and they said they do rideshare taxes for $300-400. Seems steep but good if they can deduct a lot of expenses and save more.

Uber had a advertisement that we can file for free with 'Karma?' Anyone heard or it or done it through them?

·
Registered
747 Posts
I usually always do my own taxes but can be a bit complicated now driving full time in 2016.

I want to deduct as much as possible.. not just the .54 cents per mile but anything else I can deduct.

I stopped at HR Block and they said they do rideshare taxes for $300-400. Seems steep but good if they can deduct a lot of expenses and save more.

Uber had a advertisement that we can file for free with 'Karma?' Anyone heard or it or done it through them?
It costs $300-400 to pay less taxes? How much can they really save you? If taxes cost that much that people pay over $100 to have someone do them, I'm glad I'm not paying taxes, cuz I don't have much in the bank. And if I give it all to the IRS, how would I buy brakes and tires soon? I don't think people as poor as me should pay taxes, especially as very wealthy individuals can avoid it with dishonesty. So I don't. Nobody seems to care yet. Somehow there's enough money to outsize the second largest military by 8Xs without me paying taxes. And funding terrorism is illegal. So I can't pay taxes or I'd be funding terrorism. It's a dilemma.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Uber Tax Guide
A free how-to guide for Lyft and Uber drivers written by a professional accountant/tax preparer.
http://www.idrivewithuber.com/uber-tax-filing-information/

Tax Tips for Uber, Lyft, Sidecar and other Car Sharing Drivers
Updated for Tax Year 2016
https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-too...r-and-other-Car-Sharing-Drivers/INF28820.html

UBER PARTNER REPORTING GUIDE
https://www.hrblock.com/pdf/Partner-Facing-Guide-FAQ-Combined.pdf
Well, how much are you going to be paying? You have to share if you're asking the question. That's like a community value or courtesy, or something.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts

In 2017 $.535 per mile.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I will absolutely pay zero and have them prove otherwise. There's an article that I can forward them that spells it out. I've been working at a non profit getting paid non profit.
Wait, seriously. Like legitimately? Like you have a way I can quiet the nagging voice that says "this is going to come back at me one day before the suicide can save you"? Cuz my "I don't fund terrorism" argument probably won't carry me far since nearly everyone in America doesn't admit our taxes fund the largest terrorist organization on Earth (cuz all our killing is for good). And truth rarely wins out. But if you have a legitimate reason to pay zero, that is more solid than the truth, I really want to know about it.
Wait, an article? An article doesn't sound so promising. But I'll take anything. And I'd rather not waste any tea.

·
Registered
747 Posts
And why is no one saying how much they'll be paying, except us zeros of course? Has no one finished filing yet?
I have to admit, I'm sincerely surprised how it seems like almost everyone here is going to pay taxes. I just assumed everyone is like me (I mean with the not paying part, not the unwillingness to fund terrorism). I mean really it's cuz I can't afford to pay, but if I could, then it would be cuz of unwillingness to fund terrorism. Just for my integrity's sake, I had to make that clear. I can't actually afford to have convictions, but if I could afford it, then I'd have that conviction.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts