Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

How many of you drive without a dashcam?

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  KeJorn 
#1 ·
Just curious to know how many of you don't have a dashcam? I want to start tonight but I am very reluctant without this sort of protection for the fact that if something goes wrong, I want to be able to have some evidence, etc. Maybe I'm overreacting though.... so feel free to give me a piece of mind :)

#2 ·
Two items you MUST have before venturing out to provide livery services...
  1. Dual channel dashcam
  2. Commercial livery insurance policy (your personal policy and the Uber contingent policy do not adequately cover you or your property.)
Hope this helps. Here are some other tips you may find helpful. I post these from time to time.

Uber best practices for safety, high ratings, and profit maximization.

• Don't even think about driving until you've purchased a commercial livery insurance policy. That'll run you about $4500 per year so you're going to be doing a lot of driving at first. But you really have no choice in the matter. Your personal insurance company is going to drop you if they learn you're driving for Uber. And the Uber contingent liability policy DOES NOT cover your medical claim or your property claim in the event you are involved in an at-fault accident.
• Dual channel dashcam. Don't ask why. Just get one and install it.
• Never pick up a pax with a rating lower than 4.7. (Jesus, how hard is it to be a 5-star pax? How about not being a ******bag?)
• Never respond to a ping more than 10 minutes away. (Yes, it might be a decent fare, but the odds are against you.)
• If you're traveling, never respond to a ping behind you.
• When you arrive at pickup location and pax is not present, DO NOT call or text the pax. Start a stop watch and cancel at 5:01 and move on.
• For the love of God, NEVER had out gum, candy, mints, water, etc. to paxs. There is no upside, it costs you money, and it creates more mess for you to clean up.
• If a pax leaves something behind in your car. DO NOT make the effort to return it. If you follow Uber's rules it'll actually cost you money and time to return it. If the pax needs it back, he/she will track you down through Uber. When that happens you can negotiate an appropriate fee to return the item. It doesn't matter what the item is - wallet, phone, eyeglasses, event tickets, clothing, jewelry, etc.
• ABC - Always Be Compensated. You're an independent contractor. Don't do anything without being paid. If you wish to run your car as a charity the folks over at Meals on Wheels would love to speak with you.

Some of these items may seem a little harsh to the new driver, but time and experience will show you that these practices not only work, but that they work very well. As a new driver, there's no value in re-inventing the wheel, as it were.

#10 ·
My company used to have cameras in all their vehicles. Turned out the cameras were providing evidence against the company as often as the evidence was in the companies favor.

We have no cameras now.

And I never wear condoms either.

#15 ·
Yet another high priest, Vatican assassin warlock with tiger blood.
Winning, duh!

Charlie Sheen would be proud...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.