Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have less than 48 hours to act. We can repeat this protest the first day of every month. Here it is a simple way to do it:

#1. Write to [email protected] & [email protected] on the first day of the month telling them it has been over X months (currently 8) than they dropped the rates in the Orlando market.

#2. Remind them we are not getting paid enough for the rides and the moral has decreased so much we hardly ever go out.

#3. Stress to them the need to raise rates so we can have enough satisfied drivers on the road.

#4. Remind them the general public likes the speed of service much better than ridiculous low prices.

#5. Assure them the cost of operating a vehicle is 57 cents per mile, so we are making so little we can barely afford peanut butter or whatever item at the dollar store.

#6. Let them know they keep having record nights and they would still have lots of riders because people like the convenience of the service.

#7. Invite them to survey the riders by asking them about speed of service vs. price of service.

#8. Insist of them raising rates so we can continue a healthy partnership.

Those are 8 reasons you can use in your email. We could have 9 the next month and so on.

I will prepare my email today and have it ready to send it on September 1st.

Let's get organized here and bombard them with emails before noon time on September 1st.

EMAIL COUNT: 1 (please copy and paste and add one to total if you are in)

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I support this idea, but I don't think it will work. The people who drive for Uber don't read this forum. OK, some people read this forum, but it's only a small percentage of the total number of drivers. Uber won't raise the rates as long as they keep giving out as many free rides as they do. They won't raise the rates until after they go public because the low rates attract new riders. The number of riders they have is a selling point to potential investors. They also won't raise the rates because they just don't care if the drivers make money or not. They get new drivers every day. We are disposable.

Please don't think I'm trying to discourage you. I support your idea. I just don't think it will do any good because there are not enough drivers willing to take the time to send the email, and Uber won't listen to begin with.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Also...unless you're driving an expensive car or an 8 cylinder gas guzzler, your operating costs are not $0.57/mile. Closer to $0.20-$0.30 for most drivers.

The $0.575 (for 2015) is the IRS standard mileage deduction rate...not your actual cpm.

Besides, Uber's CSR's could care less...your email will be discarded long before it makes it to anyone important enough to change anything. And then you're counting on that person even caring. Which they don't.

I'm not discouraging you either, I'm just very cynical. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Uber drivers have to quit gor it to count. Threatening to quit wont work.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PERSISTENT COMPLAINING from many people should help. However if you guys don't want to give it a try, then sit on your a$$es the rest of your days.
I have written to them on several occasions and I know I am dealing with young people who never drove a day in their lives for pay. How could they ever understand what we do?

Today is the last day of August, so tomorrow I will email them. I will have to fight alone since some of you know we have a problem but do not want to take action.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I wonder how many drivers in your market even read this forum. Of that tiny fraction, I wonder how many will take the time to write Uber? I imagine you'll be lucky to have five e-mails sent to Uber, if this forum is your only source for recruiting your idea.

Additionally, Uber rates are set by corporate, your local office has very little to do with the rates. The e-mails you send will most likely end up being read by a brain-dead, underpaid CSR who hates Uber as much as you do. Unfortunately, the CSR does not have the ability to make policy changes and is too afraid to lose his job to do anything to help your cause. He'll find the appropriate cut and pasted bullshit response, and send it your way. He then will be on to the problem about the driver who sent a photo of dog shit in his backseat claiming a passenger took a dump in his car. Your e-mail(s) will be forgotten in a matter of moments.

I hope I'm wrong. Good Luck/

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Realityshark:

It is actually easy to implement and even succeed. For example: we do 5 emails tomorrow. New target for October 1st is 10 emails, then 20 for November 1st, 40 for December 1st and so on.

Very simple to follow a MLM approach as each writing driver will recruit a new driver to rebel against the UBER machine.

I like to see a half full glass and not and empty one. Do not forget the Donald is leading the polls against all odds.

We need change people! we need to get back to reasonable rates for the lucrative Orlando market. Cheapest fares in the country? no way !!!

At least give us Tampa rates !!!

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
The rating system is absolute BS. If you give 10 rides, at least half won't bother to rate you at all. Out of the other 5, half will give you 4 stars. They do it out of spite, or because they think 4 stars is an OK rating.

I checked this the other day. After each ride I checked my rating for the day. The first 3 rides gave no rating. Then, I picked up a local and he gave me 4 stars. The next two rides gave me 5 stars and I ended the day with a 4.67. My rating has dropped from 4.95 to 4.88 and there is nothing I can do about it.

It makes no sense that in a 5 star system, 4 ratings will get a driver deactivated. That, without a doubt, is the stupidest, most nonsensical aspect of driving for Uber.

Think about this. You could give 10 rides in a day and only one person could take the time to rate you. That one person's rating would then become your entire rating for the day. If he or she gives you a 4, you're screwed.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Really looking forward to the general strike on Oct 16th-18th. Let's show those suckers we need fair treatment !!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts