Uber Drivers Forum banner

How many trips to make $100 NET

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many Trips do you have to do to NET $100?
Also how many hours is it taking you these days to make $100 NET

For those "NEW MEMBERS" that means after Uber takes their $1.15 & 25% (20% to the rest of us).

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Do you mean consecutive trips? What's the point? Would how much you make per hour be more relevant?
I'd be interested in how many hours does it take to make $100. But in both cases, I believe it would vary significantly.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well people like to lie about their hourly pay & I know the average trip price has really dropped in the city. I personally don't want to drive more people to make the same so I avoid Boston (pool areas) now. & my average ticket is higher than last year.
I was going to ask over the last year what was your average trip $ because I know it's way way way down.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last year I averaged $10+ per trip in Boston but last few times I went in before Uber pool I average $5.50-$7 a trip and sometimes you could only do 2 trips an hour. Usually you can do 3 an hour in Boston but I don't know about that anymore. When I can make $25-$30 an hour again I'll go back. But that's not happening soon

·
Registered
808 Posts
When you see that you net $3.44 on an uberx ... It's pretty disheartening ...considering all the costs the driver has to eat ...insurance ,gas,wear and tear, time . Uber has its drivers over a barrel

·
Banned
748 Posts
Last year I averaged $10+ per trip in Boston but last few times I went in before Uber pool I average $5.50-$7 a trip and sometimes you could only do 2 trips an hour. Usually you can do 3 an hour in Boston but I don't know about that anymore. When I can make $25-$30 an hour again I'll go back. But that's not happening soon
Uber sucks everyone should quit and drive uber out of business or at least out of your city

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Uber sucks everyone should quit and drive uber out of business or at least out of your city
Uber does suck. Thank God I don't need the income. But I am stuck with a Santander lease. So I only work to pay for that. So for me the less trips the better. Most weeks I only do 15-20 rides.

·
Premium Member
63,041 Posts

For those "NEW MEMBERS" that means after Uber takes their $1.15 & 25% (20% to the rest of us).
Could make $3.20 trip or could be $26.

Could be $3.20 trip or could be $26.40 trip.
Depends on where to.
I like to stay busy.

·
Banned
748 Posts
It's always a crap shoot. There's no telling how your luck will be when you get behind the wheel. Here's the thing that I figured out: The more time I wasted with Uber, the less time I had to do something meaningful, profitable and rewarding with my life.
Right on. This ube crap is true crap

·
Registered
808 Posts
What do you lease again NOAA ? I got an e mail the other day from uber saying that they had a new dealer/ partner agreement where you could lease a Toyota Corolla for only $600+ per month...ummm that's more than my wife's 2015 $50k suv which is not a lease... If you ever see a black Toyota Avalon or Camry ubering ...the poor Sob driving it is paying about $1000 per month lease thru Uber/Acton Toyota partnership...despicable

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
What do you lease again NOAA ? I got an e mail the other day from uber saying that they had a new dealer/ partner agreement where you could lease a Toyota Corolla for only $600+ per month...ummm that's more than my wife's 2015 $50k suv which is not a lease... If you ever see a black Toyota Avalon or Camry ubering ...the poor Sob driving it is paying about $1000 per month lease thru Uber/Acton Toyota partnership...despicable
That's some seriously predatory shit right there.

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Well people like to lie about their hourly pay...
Are you referring to me? I'll give you, or anyone else, a chance to make a quick $1000 with a wager. If you're not willing to wager, you shouldn't be suggesting I'm lying. Show me the money, and I'd be thrilled to show you the proof.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got the Avalon. I used to make my payment in a day ( on Friday or Saturday) some times in 4 hours during peak 7-9am from Brighton - Seaport or Back Bay @ 2x surge. But now I'd rather do 4-5 jobs a day in suburbs when I'm NOT doing anything & just cover the car. Like I said earlier thank God I don't need the money.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are you referring to me? I'll give you, or anyone else, a chance to make a quick $1000 with a wager. If you're not willing to wager, you shouldn't be suggesting I'm lying. Show me the money, and I'd be thrilled to show you the proof.
No John, I'm not referring to you. I averaged $14+ per trip 800+ trips last year $12k maximum 15-20 a week. But the year before I did 2400 trips in only 6 months & grossed $24000 but put 40,000 miles on my brand new car. It wasn't worth it. So believe me I know. Yes at first I really believed I was making money. But 40000 miles for $24000 - $2400 = 21600 X 80%= $17,280 - $6000 car payments - $900 insurance = $10000 - gas - oil changes (8x$50) $400 & I don't even know how many hours I worked to make that much in only 6 months.
I actually made nothing.
And now the rates are even lower than they were when I started two times lower

·
Banned
748 Posts
No John, I'm not referring to you. I averaged $14+ per trip 800+ trips last year $12k maximum 15-20 a week. But the year before I did 2400 trips in only 6 months & grossed $24000 but put 40,000 miles on my brand new car. It wasn't worth it. So believe me I know. Yes at first I really believed I was making money. But 40000 miles for $24000 - $2400 = 21600 X 80%= $17,280 - $6000 car payments - $900 insurance = $10000 - gas - oil changes (8x$50) $400 & I don't even know how many hours I worked to make that much in only 6 months.
I actually made nothing.
And now the rates are even lower than they were when I started two times lower
That sounds about right. Sooner or later drivers will figure it out. Well not the dumbasses

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's always a crap shoot. There's no telling how your luck will be when you get behind the wheel. Here's the thing that I figured out: The more time I wasted with Uber, the less time I had to do something meaningful, profitable and rewarding with my life.
Exactly, I'd rather enjoy my time now. I'm not kidding, if I drove into Boston on a Fri night & I swear to God, If I did 2 trips @ $3. 20 I would actually drive home & take my wife out for a $100 steak dinner.
I just can't drive self entitled, cheap, a$$ holes from South Boston for $3 who will never tip, & rate you 4* because it cost them too much.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts