Uber Drivers Forum banner

How many trips to make $100 NET

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well people like to lie about their hourly pay & I know the average trip price has really dropped in the city. I personally don't want to drive more people to make the same so I avoid Boston (pool areas) now. & my average ticket is higher than last year.
I was going to ask over the last year what was your average trip $ because I know it's way way way down.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last year I averaged $10+ per trip in Boston but last few times I went in before Uber pool I average $5.50-$7 a trip and sometimes you could only do 2 trips an hour. Usually you can do 3 an hour in Boston but I don't know about that anymore. When I can make $25-$30 an hour again I'll go back. But that's not happening soon

·
Registered
808 Posts
When you see that you net $3.44 on an uberx ... It's pretty disheartening ...considering all the costs the driver has to eat ...insurance ,gas,wear and tear, time . Uber has its drivers over a barrel

·
Banned
748 Posts
Last year I averaged $10+ per trip in Boston but last few times I went in before Uber pool I average $5.50-$7 a trip and sometimes you could only do 2 trips an hour. Usually you can do 3 an hour in Boston but I don't know about that anymore. When I can make $25-$30 an hour again I'll go back. But that's not happening soon
Uber sucks everyone should quit and drive uber out of business or at least out of your city

·
Premium Member
64,594 Posts
How many Trips do you have to do to NET $100?
Also how many hours is it taking you these days to make $100 NET

For those "NEW MEMBERS" that means after Uber takes their $1.15 & 25% (20% to the rest of us).
Could make $3.20 trip or could be $26.
How many Trips do you have to do to NET $100?
Also how many hours is it taking you these days to make $100 NET

For those "NEW MEMBERS" that means after Uber takes their $1.15 & 25% (20% to the rest of us).
Could be $3.20 trip or could be $26.40 trip.
Depends on where to.
I like to stay busy.

·
Registered
808 Posts
What do you lease again NOAA ? I got an e mail the other day from uber saying that they had a new dealer/ partner agreement where you could lease a Toyota Corolla for only $600+ per month...ummm that's more than my wife's 2015 $50k suv which is not a lease... If you ever see a black Toyota Avalon or Camry ubering ...the poor Sob driving it is paying about $1000 per month lease thru Uber/Acton Toyota partnership...despicable

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
What do you lease again NOAA ? I got an e mail the other day from uber saying that they had a new dealer/ partner agreement where you could lease a Toyota Corolla for only $600+ per month...ummm that's more than my wife's 2015 $50k suv which is not a lease... If you ever see a black Toyota Avalon or Camry ubering ...the poor Sob driving it is paying about $1000 per month lease thru Uber/Acton Toyota partnership...despicable
That's some seriously predatory shit right there.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got the Avalon. I used to make my payment in a day ( on Friday or Saturday) some times in 4 hours during peak 7-9am from Brighton - Seaport or Back Bay @ 2x surge. But now I'd rather do 4-5 jobs a day in suburbs when I'm NOT doing anything & just cover the car. Like I said earlier thank God I don't need the money.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are you referring to me? I'll give you, or anyone else, a chance to make a quick $1000 with a wager. If you're not willing to wager, you shouldn't be suggesting I'm lying. Show me the money, and I'd be thrilled to show you the proof.
No John, I'm not referring to you. I averaged $14+ per trip 800+ trips last year $12k maximum 15-20 a week. But the year before I did 2400 trips in only 6 months & grossed $24000 but put 40,000 miles on my brand new car. It wasn't worth it. So believe me I know. Yes at first I really believed I was making money. But 40000 miles for $24000 - $2400 = 21600 X 80%= $17,280 - $6000 car payments - $900 insurance = $10000 - gas - oil changes (8x$50) $400 & I don't even know how many hours I worked to make that much in only 6 months.
I actually made nothing.
And now the rates are even lower than they were when I started two times lower

·
Banned
748 Posts
No John, I'm not referring to you. I averaged $14+ per trip 800+ trips last year $12k maximum 15-20 a week. But the year before I did 2400 trips in only 6 months & grossed $24000 but put 40,000 miles on my brand new car. It wasn't worth it. So believe me I know. Yes at first I really believed I was making money. But 40000 miles for $24000 - $2400 = 21600 X 80%= $17,280 - $6000 car payments - $900 insurance = $10000 - gas - oil changes (8x$50) $400 & I don't even know how many hours I worked to make that much in only 6 months.
I actually made nothing.
And now the rates are even lower than they were when I started two times lower
That sounds about right. Sooner or later drivers will figure it out. Well not the dumbasses

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's always a crap shoot. There's no telling how your luck will be when you get behind the wheel. Here's the thing that I figured out: The more time I wasted with Uber, the less time I had to do something meaningful, profitable and rewarding with my life.
Exactly, I'd rather enjoy my time now. I'm not kidding, if I drove into Boston on a Fri night & I swear to God, If I did 2 trips @ $3. 20 I would actually drive home & take my wife out for a $100 steak dinner.
I just can't drive self entitled, cheap, a$$ holes from South Boston for $3 who will never tip, & rate you 4* because it cost them too much.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts