Uber Drivers Forum banner

How many days of the week do you work?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve seen many driver post allot of rides over their ride share careers. Curious as to how many days a week you normally work?

Which days do you like to take off and why?

I know many take off Wednesday because historically Wednesday is the slowest day of the week.

So many people turn to ride share out of desperation. They just need liquid and have no sense if they’re actually making money or a profit, they just need liquid. Probbaly the main reason ride share has been so sustainable for Uber and lyft. People using their cars as cash advance loans and their vehicle is paying the high interest fee with its depreciation.

·
Registered
15,008 Posts
I've seen many driver post allot of rides over their ride share careers. Curious as to how many days a week you normally work?

Which days do you like to take off and why?

I know many take off Wednesday because historically Wednesday is the slowest day of the week.

So many people turn to ride share out of desperation. They just need liquid and have no sense if they're actually making money or a profit, they just need liquid. Probbaly the main reason ride share has been so sustainable for Uber and lyft. People using their cars as cash advance loans and their vehicle is paying the high interest fee with its depreciation.
I feel like there's 2 different topics happening here.
Not sure which to tackle.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I would appreciate hearing how many hours per week you all are usually working?

With Lyft's old bonus structure, I needed about 25 hours to hit the minimum bonus. With this new bonus structure, Lyft almost doubled the minimum trip target -- I would now have to drive 30+ hours to hit it. Even if I was available 30+ hours, I wouldn't waste my time doing it. There is better work to be done in that time.

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would appreciate hearing how many hours per week you all are usually working?

With Lyft's old bonus structure, I needed about 25 hours to hit the minimum bonus. With this new bonus structure, Lyft almost doubled the minimum trip target -- I would now have to drive 30+ hours to hit it. Even if I was available 30+ hours, I wouldn't waste my time doing it. There is better work to be done in that time.
These bonuses change over tone as well as the rates depending how many cars these companies have at their disposal. If their available cars falls too low they need to either reduce rates or lessen the bonus structures to keep drivers on the road longer for passenger availability.

Use to be 20-25 hours of uber. Friday and Saturday, 12 hour days would net you $1500. Not anymore, because their surplus of drivers are drying up. Word has spread. Driving uberx sucks. The compensation for uberx is a joke. They keep driver accounts live to inflate the numbers on availability, but if you have been in the game long enough you'll come to realize many account haven't been turned in upwards of a year.

The marketing tries to glorify driving people around. It doesn't take a newbie more than 2-3 weeks to realize they've been lied to and they move one. 2/3 of new drivers stop driving in the first 2-3 weeks. There's a reason

I feel like there's 2 different topics happening here.
Not sure which to tackle.
Take one at a time. I'm sure you passing on your experiences will be helpful to other drivers. Only ones out there that's going to help any of us are other drivers. Especially new drivers need the truth. Let them experience what we are talking about. You can't change the way people think until they have a chance to read about your experiences and they experience it for themselves.

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I only work during morning and afternoon rush hours..
The rest of the time..
Its ded
I schedule private for the dead times. Over the years I've hand picked people to offer private service for during the dead times. Gives me time to give the apps the break they desire so I don't get a mandatory break time

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.