Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup guys, just curious how much points will our RATING goes, before UBER deactivate our driving account?

currently @ 4.79

·
Registered
423 Posts
Make sure you log in on your computer as well from your phone. For some reason the ratings are different at times. Not sure what the cut off is

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
I think it will depend on a number of factors. If your ratings are plummeting and continue to do in short time Uber may deactivate faster. From what I have seen it's around the 4.6 or lower that they get concerned. But it's also dependent on how many rides and comments are a big thing.

Rating is what will get a review done, but comments and the frequency of bad reviews play a bigger part in deactivation.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
sup guys, just curious how much points will our RATING goes, before UBER deactivate our driving account?

currently @ 4.79
Uber told me my 4.82 was a good rating. They even included an exclamation point when they said it, so you know they really meant it enthusiastically. Ha.

I think your 4.79 is fine. I've been as low as 4.73. Nobody ever said anything about it.

I've found that on shorter trips, knowing your way around and chatting to customers, making them laugh helps. On longer trips, ask them if they have a preferred route or want you to follow GPS. Then try to get them talking about themselves if you can, or if they don't seem like they want to, just let them chill.

Make sure your car is clean, smells good and that you drive smoothly, too.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
The phone rating doesn't show all your trips, just your rating for a certain number. I'm still trying to find out how many lol But the rating on your dashboard is your overall, taking all ratings into account.
seriously! The weekly summary tells me I'm 4.9, 4.6, etc., but the dashboard and app had been at 4.82 for almost the entire time I've worked for Uber. Today I logged in and it was 4.83. Maybe an old, low rating fell off.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it will depend on a number of factors. If your ratings are plummeting and continue to do in short time Uber may deactivate faster. From what I have seen it's around the 4.6 or lower that they get concerned. But it's also dependent on how many rides and comments are a big thing.

Rating is what will get a review done, but comments and the frequency of bad reviews play a bigger part in deactivation.
When you mention comments, are we able to view this? Or just uber solely can see this feedbacks

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
When you mention comments, are we able to view this? Or just uber solely can see this feedbacks
If you have a good relationship with the office they may read them out to you. I had mine read out. Now all the ones they read were all good. Nothing bad they were sharing. When I said is there negative ones I can see. They said they were all good. Not sure I buy it 100% but I'm willing to keep going with a 4.89 and just turned over my 500th ride a few days ago.

·
Registered
111 Posts
How do you see your total number of trips?

I asked Uber Support for the total for 2014 and they told me to go the their site. I would have to manually add all the trips from each payment to get the total.

·
Registered
70 Posts
4.6 is the death zone, but it should not be. I think it should be 3.99 and below. Had many riders say no one is perfect and they rate no driver a 5, it starts at 4 for them. The whole system is based on false data as any rider can issue a 1 or 2 without any explanation. No matter what the driver does, its never enough and if its a surge price and then they see the bill for the trip ... driver gets screwed as we can be rated at that point.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Even with the death zone being 4.6, there are some drivers out there that shouldn't be driving. It's obviously the equilibrium for acceptable number of drivers for uber. I've gotten in a filthy uberX, barely spoke English, and was a rough driver... 4.7. Who knows maybe he's deactivated now, but if they were to lower it that would be scary.

However the current pax education and system for rating is not as good as it should be, and has good drivers fall off for reasons that shouldn't be reason to deactivate.

·
Banned
3,215 Posts

currently @ 4.79
Lore on this board says 4.6 is the cutoff. So, to keep the playing field a little less slanted I don't pick up a rider with a rating lower than 4.7. Who needs the headache, right? How tough is it to be a 5-star pax? All you have to do is NOT be a ******bag.

·
Banned
3,215 Posts
If it's the first time you've been deactivated due to your rating, you can take a class and they'll reactivate you. There's a fee for the class.
A fee? That's unconscionable. We have a statistically invalid driver rating system that produces meaningless information, and Uber then charges for a class to get back into the good graces of a flawed system??? Two words: ****ing unbelievable!

Remember from your first stats class in your sophomore year in college... You cannot use interval data (driver rating by paxs) and force it into an ordinal scale (Uber's averaging system) and still have a statistically valid keep/kill driver rating system. To be statistically valid, the paxs need to be presented with the same ordinal scale that Uber uses to score the drivers.

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
A fee? That's unconscionable. We have a statistically invalid driver rating system that produces meaningless information, and Uber then charges for a class to get back into the good graces of a flawed system??? Two words: ****ing unbelievable!

Remember from your first stats class in your sophomore year in college... You cannot use interval data (driver rating by paxs) and force it into an ordinal scale (Uber's averaging system) and still have a statistically valid keep/kill driver rating system. To be statistically valid, the paxs need to be presented with the same ordinal scale that Uber uses to score the drivers.
Flawed for some and works fine for others. Sounds like some do need a lesson in driving but too afraid to admit it. I have had great driver s and not so great and although I don't give them a lower rating because I know what the implications are, I can tell you their low ratings are warranted and for most they just don't get why they get them.

Taxi drivers take a course to learn some of those common sense habits. But Uber drivers in general either have common sense or they don't. And a training course for those who don't is a good idea. It's too bad the public will need to deal with their blunders till then.

Now I do get that sometimes going out to some areas get you pummeled in the ratings. But for the most part if you are not pissing off your passengers you can pull off good ratings even in the worst of situations.

Sorry I don't buy the flawed system mentality. In my experience I rarely find a bad rated driver that I couldn't see where the issue lies.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'd say it's a mix of both. I do think there are passengers who downrate people for no reason and take our their bitterness on Uber drivers and you can get a string of bad luck. Uber stresses that you shouldn't need to call the driver or vise versa, but you can get passengers who put the pin on one side of a one way and the address on the other. And bad luck can run togather.

But I also think some people make mistakes.

I've had some nights where I made a mistake, and got below a 5, and I've had some nights where everything has gone smoothly and I got below a 5.

I wonder, if you take the Uber course, do they reset your rating or how does that work?

·
Banned
3,215 Posts
Flawed for some and works fine for others. Sounds like some do need a lesson in driving but too afraid to admit it. I have had great driver s and not so great and although I don't give them a lower rating because I know what the implications are, I can tell you their low ratings are warranted and for most they just don't get why they get them.

Taxi drivers take a course to learn some of those common sense habits. But Uber drivers in general either have common sense or they don't. And a training course for those who don't is a good idea. It's too bad the public will need to deal with their blunders till then.

Now I do get that sometimes going out to some areas get you pummeled in the ratings. But for the most part if you are not pissing off your passengers you can pull off good ratings even in the worst of situations.

Sorry I don't buy the flawed system mentality. In my experience I rarely find a bad rated driver that I couldn't see where the issue lies.
Oh, it's not a mentality about a flawed rating system. I was merely sharing statistical facts. The paxs rate drivers on an interval scale. However, Uber makes keep/kill decisions based on an ordinal scale. The problem is, you cannot take interval data to create an ordinal scale. Doing so results in a statistically invalid rating system that produces no meaningful output. So, it's not a mentality of buying into a flawed system. Rather, either you understand statistics or you don't. And for those who understand statistics, it's basic statistical knowledge that mixing ordinal and interval scales produces no useable results.

In the current rating system, the validity of the score can be described as follows:

Imagine receiving a message from Uber on your weekly summary that said, "Uber Partner, your driving rating score last week was lollipop. Two weeks ago your driving rating score was tarmac. Congratulations! You are a valued Partner. Keep up the good work and Uber on!​

See the problem here? The data point lollipop has nothing to do with and possesses no relationship to the data point tarmac. Ergo, those two driver rating scores have precisely zero meaning. And this is exactly what happens when interval data (pax ratings of drivers) are used to create an ordinal scale (Uber's keep/kill threshold of 4.6.)

I hope this helps you to understand the meaninglessness of the driver rating system.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts