Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maintaining 4.82 rating for last two months now from last few days its going down ,now 4.76
What have I done last few days that rating went that much?
I am wondering same clean car, safe driving no mistake in driving towards destination,
I am not newbie in this trade or any way get lost in London , so what went wrong ?
How New drivers maintain their rating?
What will be the lowest rating uber will deactivate a driver?
Is there any relation between refusing.Jobs and ratings?
I love everything about uber but rating
Really piss me off. What the clients want from x drivers?

·
Registered
824 Posts
mine was 4.84 for the past 3 4 months and past 3 weeks dropped to 4.76 and did nothing different at all. I have no idea what's going on.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I don't let that bother myself tbh. Some people will rate you down no matter what. If uber ever question your rating, tell them to explain why your rating are down as passengers leave a comment too when rating someone down.
Also, if someone rate you 1-2 stars or even 3, uber should be chasing it up with them to find out the exact reason.

·
Registered
824 Posts
they do find out. if u get rated 1 or 2 stars uber straight away ask you why you are leaving 1 2 stars. like bad hygiene or wrong route or dirty car Etc. I had an email saying a customer complained I went the wrong way when I was following the Uber map. I suppose it was my fault. u should always ask the customer which way they would like to go. Uber map is a bit shit to be honest. Doesn't always take u the direct way

·
Registered
42 Posts
Leaving 1 stars and complaing for bad route?? Common, difference in good or bad route via uber will be what, 40-60 pences? And they moan already, being on cheapest taxi in london?? Screw them, i did learn some idiots will give you 1 star no matter what, just because last night their dog didn't feel well ))

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
ratings ahh only first month is important after that it does not affect alot
also i know guys with 4.2 with no issues dont worry u have a long way to go to get kicked off the platform
and they would never kick u out why tell someone to **** off if that person is making you 200£ ever week

·
Registered
977 Posts
MAYBE if Uber reach desire 42.000 drivers they start kicking out those with bottom rating. Well that what i would do;d

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To be honest i am not worried being kicked out, but its heart broken when you do nothing big to be given low rating.
Try to take best route ,safe driving , clean car
Never hesitate or confused which way to go,
Still getting low ratings,
What they expect from x drivers ?
Chocolate, water, tissue, open the door, etc
No way from me all I can do is pick.them up safely and drop them safely, with best possible route.

Uber should give some kind of knowledge to client when to rate low, some client think 3/4 rating is good ....

·
Registered
977 Posts
To be honest i am not worried being kicked out, but its heart broken when you do nothing big to be given low rating.
Try to take best route ,safe driving , clean car
Never hesitate or confused which way to go,
Still getting low ratings,
What they expect from x drivers ?
Chocolate, water, tissue, open the door, etc
No way from me all I can do is pick.them up safely and drop them safely, with best possible route.

Uber should give some kind of knowledge to client when to rate low, some client think 3/4 rating is good ....
Do from now on give all customers 1* star max 2 ;-) Well after a time you get message from Uner saying u giving to many negative feedback rotfl ;D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do from now on give all customers 1* star max 2 ;-) Well after a time you get message from Uner saying u giving to many negative feedback rotfl ;D
Most of customer don't know that drivers can rate them as well, yes from now on I am going change my rating from 5 star default,

·
Registered
615 Posts
do u really get message saying u are giving to many low stars ?
That's the email I received today from uber after my rating gone down a bit

YOUR RECENT RATINGS
Dear ****
Thanks for your continued service with Uber - we appreciate the hard work you do every week. In reviewing last week's journeys, we noticed that the rider ratings on those trips didn't measure up to your normal high standards. You are likely already aware of this, but we wanted to flag it to you in case you were not.
YOUR RATING LAST WEEK: 4.56
Over the long-term, we believe that ratings are a fair way for both riders and drivers to give feedback on their journey. The idea behind the rating system is that over the course of several weeks or months your overall rating provides a fair picture of the typical service you provide. A single complaint will not unfairly impact your rating as it is an average of all your trips.

Top tips for improving your rating!
  1. Watch this video
  2. Warmly greet the rider by name with a friendly attitude
  3. Always ask your rider if they have a preferred route
  4. Make sure your vehicle is clean inside and out and free of bad smells (including bad body odour)
  5. Ask the rider if they have a preferred radio station
  6. Ask the rider if the temperature is okay
  7. Do not ask for 5 stars
  8. Avoid ringing the customer too often or too soon - remember, they know when you arrive!
  9. Be helpful and professional at all times

Best of luck out there!
London Driver Operations Team
Uber B.V.
Vijzelstraat 68,1017 HL Amsterdam

View Online Unsubscribe

·
Registered
615 Posts
I worked on both day and night shifts on uber and according to my experience I believe working on nights will end you in lower rating than working on days.
I worked nearly 2 years in days and my rating was perfectly alright but soon I started work in nights for the last 2 months and I had a massive decline in my rating.

·
Registered
18 Posts
50% of riders never rate you for you service they rate by you profile picture if they paid to much and depend on they mood as well;)

So F*** em, dont need to lick arse to good rating just drive them from A to B and tell em to p** off.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The 5 Star Rating System is an ambiguous one and therefore not truly representative of you entirely and It's also very subjective.

For example, you could give 2 separate riders exactly the same experience and at the end of the trip one could rate you 4 stars and the other could rate you 5 but it would have nothing at all to do with you per se.

Compare and contrast the systems used by both Netflix and You Tube. Netflix uses the same 5 star rating system as Uber but You Tube use a binary system, thumb up or thumb down, which I personally prefer. Either a good experience, thumb up, or not, thumb down. Very simple, it neutralises ambiguity and is so much less subjective.

Have a look at this link, it will explain the intricacies of Uber rating system.

http://bit.ly/1R7hHHD

You can then make an informed decision on whether or not you should pay any attention to your rating at all or at least decide how much weight it carries.

·
Registered
187 Posts
That's the email I received today from uber after my rating gone down a bit

YOUR RECENT RATINGS
Dear ****
Thanks for your continued service with Uber - we appreciate the hard work you do every week. In reviewing last week's journeys, we noticed that the rider ratings on those trips didn't measure up to your normal high standards. You are likely already aware of this, but we wanted to flag it to you in case you were not.
YOUR RATING LAST WEEK: 4.56
Over the long-term, we believe that ratings are a fair way for both riders and drivers to give feedback on their journey. The idea behind the rating system is that over the course of several weeks or months your overall rating provides a fair picture of the typical service you provide. A single complaint will not unfairly impact your rating as it is an average of all your trips.

Top tips for improving your rating!
  1. Watch this video
  2. Warmly greet the rider by name with a friendly attitude
  3. Always ask your rider if they have a preferred route
  4. Make sure your vehicle is clean inside and out and free of bad smells (including bad body odour)
  5. Ask the rider if they have a preferred radio station
  6. Ask the rider if the temperature is okay
  7. Do not ask for 5 stars
  8. Avoid ringing the customer too often or too soon - remember, they know when you arrive!
  9. Be helpful and professional at all times

Best of luck out there!
London Driver Operations Team
Uber B.V.
Vijzelstraat 68,1017 HL Amsterdam

View Online Unsubscribe
I think you should also ask them if they would like to be treated to a nice meal at a Michelin star restaurant.

That guarantees me five stars

1 - 20 of 25 Posts