Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I signed up on last weekend and went to the Mississauga hub on Monday. Still waiting for background check before PTC. Any recent signups timelines? I’ve been told that it might take 10 business days. Plus 5 business days for PTC.

Much appreciate any recent timelines.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
6,927 Posts
I signed up on last weekend and went to the Mississauga hub on Monday. Still waiting for background check before PTC. Any recent signups timelines? I've been told that it might take 10 business days. Plus 5 business days for PTC.

LYFT - under 72 hours

UBER - 2 weeks (waited a week without any word, then told to go to the hub and signed some papers and waited the second week)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I signed up on last weekend and went to the Mississauga hub on Monday. Still waiting for background check before PTC. Any recent signups timelines? I've been told that it might take 10 business days. Plus 5 business days for PTC.

I just got approved! Went to hub last week for background check. Cheers

·
Premium Member
9,095 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of ride-share :)
Yes, welcome to the unglamorous and unlucrative world of ridesharing. Your presence will contribute to the already overabundant supply of drivers in the GTA (which I peg to be at 40, 000 including both full time and part time) and probably lower the median income for all the drivers.

·
Premium Member
19,592 Posts
Thank you. One week with Lyft. Now I get to use both to reduce my wait times, hopefully :)
yep bascially, i run with both apps.

Yes, welcome to the unglamorous and unlucrative world of ridesharing. Your presence will contribute to the already overabundant supply of drivers in the GTA (which I peg to be at 40, 000 including both full time and part time) and probably lower the median income for all the drivers.
Yeah, but thats a nature of the beast. This gig is not lucrative all the time. Key is not to rely on it all the time, but just the times it gives ya extras. There are days i play taxi no more than 2 hrs. The providers tell you when you are needed by offering "encouragements". I don't work unelss there is a steady surge, a challage/quest/streak etc. Gimme some kind of bonus otherwise I'm not driving. That's why I'm against any caps, you can govern yourself, if pay drops too low that's a sign to stay home.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.