Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
I one starred a girl that was rude a few weeks ago... I saw my rating drop from a 4.8 to 4.79. She was spiteful and reported me for cleanliness, professionalism and navigation. None were true, I just cleaned the car that day, navigation, followed her route... Just goes to show you u us rating passengers is useless bc if you don't give them anything but a 5 star you'll be dinged with something like this and you have ZERO rebuttal.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I one starred a girl that was rude a few weeks ago... I saw my rating drop from a 4.8 to 4.79. She was spiteful and reported me for cleanliness, professionalism and navigation. None were true, I just cleaned the car that day, navigation, followed her route... Just goes to show you u us rating passengers is useless bc if you don't give them anything but a 5 star you'll be dinged with something like this and you have ZERO rebuttal.
I got same shit from two passengers and they both reported me for navigation pickup cleanliness professionalism and driving lol 5 reports from each of them both of them were kicked out right after i started the trip

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I rate everyone 5 stars. They either rate me 5 stars or don't rate at all. 170 rides and I'm still at 5.0 rating.

Haven't had any problems with passengers.

·
Premium Member
8,723 Posts
I rate everyone 5 stars. They either rate me 5 stars or don't rate at all. 170 rides and I'm still at 5.0 rating.

170 rides is a tiny tiny sample.
I would guess you don't deal with many late night drunks or students with outrageous expectations.

If you drive nights and deal with that crowd, you would have to be a complete pushover to maintain a 5.0

You're guaranteed to get dinged simply because of surge, never mind if you don't stop 3 times or go get them McDonalds drive thru.

I keep a good rating, but there are people out there that will bang you with a 4 because they don't like the colour of your car.

·
Premium Member
8,723 Posts
I think it's less time than that.

I had a "professionalism" one after I broke up a domestic dispute in my car and threatened to dump them both on the QEW.

It was gone in 3 months.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
170 rides is a tiny tiny sample.
I would guess you don't deal with many late night drunks or students with outrageous expectations.

If you drive nights and deal with that crowd, you would have to be a complete pushover to maintain a 5.0

You're guaranteed to get dinged simply because of surge, never mind if you don't stop 3 times or go get them McDonalds drive thru.

I keep a good rating, but there are people out there that will bang you with a 4 because they don't like the colour of your car.
I have one advantage over most drivers: I've been self-employed my entire life. I've dealt with everyone from very low income individuals to an entire clubhouse of Satan's Choice bikers to CEOs and CTOs of successful companies. I know how to treat people of all stripes.

·
Premium Member
8,723 Posts
I have one advantage over most drivers: I've been self-employed my entire life. I've dealt with everyone from very low income individuals to an entire clubhouse of Satan's Choice bikers to CEOs and CTOs of successful companies. I know how to treat people of all stripes.
Right.....

Call me when some drunk idiot gets in your car and wants to make a stop for smokes, pizza and then Tim Hortons at 1:30am and you say sorry, but this is my busy time of night and I can't make stops.

You could be Jesus Christ/Allah/Buddha himself and some idiot will down rate you.

It doesn't matter how friendly you are, courteous and efficient you are.... you will eventually run into some idiot who gets pissed off because they got a $58.00 Uber charge for a 7km ride on a Saturday night.

Your assumption is that you're going to gain respect from every rider is flawed because...

A) Many won't respect what you do and will treat you like hired help

B) Some know they can complain and receive free goodies from Uber.

C) A large portion of pax don't even understand that a 4 star is a "fire this driver" rating. They look at it like they're rating a restaurant or hotel.

"I got a limo once and the driver gave us champagne... THATS a 5 star.... this guy just got me to my destination quickly and safely.... no champagne aka 4 star"

As a person who has worked with the wide range of people you have, you'll freely admit that there is a certain percentage of people who are just morons....

·
Registered
1,210 Posts

mKat
Can you screenshot your 5.0 rating and show us ? Thx

RasAlGhul all this and your a female driver , what will we see if your a male !:eek:
I have 2 or 3 recent reports in total and they are really bothering me !

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
You assume I say sorry I can't make stops. You shouldn't assume that :)

I find Uber driving fun. I like laughing with my customers, and making them laugh. I try to make their time in my car enjoyable, memorable even. Ive been told I'm a 'charismatic character' just a few times over my life, and this likely plays well in Uber driving. I know how to be a chameleon when dealing with different sorts of people. Yes, even drunk ones. I HATE drunk drivers, so I think it's pretty cool these folks are taking Uber and taxis instead of driving. It shows good judgement and character, even if they don't show it whilst under the influence.

There are NO chips on my shoulder and I always remain professional. FYI, a professional is one who acts the same on the outside consistently no matter what he is feeling on the inside. I get the feeling that some but not many in this Toronto forum can say the same. For those Uber drivers there is always going to be friction with their customers, and that's unfortunate.

mKat
Can you screenshot your 5.0 rating and show us ? Thx
Already did and I caught nothing but flak for it, from several people. It won't happen again.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Already did and I caught nothing but flak for it, from several people. It won't happen again.
Well , we didn't see it . So you need to prove it to be believed , because honestly it is a bit hard to do so !
and the way you describe yourself should have no issues at all to post it regardless what comments you got or you will get ! ( I am just sayin )
not to mention that no one knows who we are here because we use screen names !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts