Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been in the application process for 2 weeks and still waiting on background to clear... How long did it take for any one else to get cleared?

·
Banned
217 Posts
I know I am waiting to hear back from lyft...
I have been in the application process for 2 weeks and still waiting on background to clear... How long did it take for any one else to get cleared?
Just to give you a heads up on what you can expect....

Uber............................................... You....
Banknote Money handling Currency Cash Money
Cloud Sky Font Rectangle Motor vehicle
You do the math !

·
Registered
50 Posts
Took me a lil over two weeks. Have Halloween night plus 4 nights under my belt. Halloween night was the only one worth it but still don't like the miles on my car. 2nd to last ride took me 30 miles from my house and was surge x5. Passengers ask for fare before getting off $148 "wow their taking advantage cause of Halloween". Wanted to tell em yeaahh picked you up within minutes of your request, brought you four safe including your friend that passed out. It's almost 4:AM.. Im using my personal car now i gotta drive home empty. Your'e Welcome!! Got gas picked up some dude and his girl at normal rate for an $11 dollar ride. Was in the Valley almost at 4am so they had probably been waiting longer then avg (not my fault) and im not sure how long it would of took them to get another ride if i had declined but of course no tip. Should have called it a night at let them sleep on the sidewalk.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Less than a week for me. Probably varies by the area you're in, and perhaps on the number of jurisdictions you've lived in. Also could vary according to how hungry they are for more drivers.

I opted in to receive copies of the background checks from Hirease, and there were no less than five or six of them emailed as PDF files, over the period of a few days. It appears that they order the checks sequentially, to save money (i.e. if you are eliminated on the 1st/cheapest/most basic check, there's no reason to order the next level).

I did not speak to or meet with a single person at Uber. They simply emailed me saying I was active, and that was it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The whole process took nearly a month for me. It was getting really frustrating sending them the same information a couple of times during this time. At one point I nearly gave up, but glad I stayed patient. Hang in there.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Has anyone had this happen for Lyft.
I could not get a mentor as it kept timing out.
next day I got this e-mail:
Now that you've met your Lyft Mentor, you're a huge step closer to being approved to drive. While the Welcome Ride is still fresh on your mind, tell us how it went.

Rate Your Welcome Ride

What happens next? Your background checks. In rare cases, they can take up to three weeks to complete. Typically, though, we receive them much faster than that.

You'll get our congratulatory email with further instructions once everything's been approved. We're just as eager as you are for you to get into driver mode. See ya soon!

Does this mean I'm in the next step of having the background check even though I never had a mentor ride??

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's taken me about a month in the San Francisco area. I had to make two trips to the local Jiffy Lube location, where the process was extremely disorganized and communication was non-existent. I had to assert myself to get the process completed, and even when I left with a placard and airport permit, I am currently waiting for the "Partner App" to be verified or approved or whatever.
The process in Seattle was MUCH more flawless, with the whole thing taking about a week from start to finish. Background check was faster in Seattle, and this even included my time spent to get a Seattle city permit for $55. I was able to get that in less than 45 minutes! Once I downloaded the Partner App, I was ready to drive within minutes.
So, I guess it depends on the local Uber employees and the level of complication your local government throws into the works. In some cities it's obviously better-run than in others. In California, I'd say to plan 4-6 weeks just in case, since the state has their hands all over this business and wants as much control and money from Uber as possible.
Also, I don't have the best opinion about the local SF Bay Area Uber staff, since I'm now wasting a day off from my real job waiting for them to "approve" my Partner App so I can drive. BIG waste of a day. #UberFAIL

·
Premium Member
3,746 Posts
You really don't want the OK. Uber is no longer all it was once cracked up to be for drivers. Trust us.

Reactions: FlyErik

·
Registered
4 Posts
You really don't want the OK. Uber is no longer all it was once cracked up to be for drivers. Trust us.
Pretty true! I did meet an Uber "employee" at my signup at the Jiffy Lube, but I'd say he was laid back at best..... and that's being pretty diplomatic. The Uber A-frame sign which was probably supposed to be set up was actually tucked away against a wall, and I couldn't tell those people in the waiting area who were waiting for an oil change from those waiting to have an Uber vehicle inspection. The Uber guy wasn't all that informative or excited about his job at all either. It was a major contrast from the signup experience I had in Seattle, which was much more upbeat, friendly, and personal. I think Lyft has the absolute corner on the signup process as far as human interaction goes. Maybe they're the ones who will survive through the next few years as a result.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts