Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this whole price cut thing, is it temp or permanent? In my location it was a 20% price cut. Uber takes 25% so that leave the driver with 55% wtf. If they do price cuts they should also do a cut on their commissions. J hope it doesn't take long to bring prices back up. Hopefully higher then what it was. I am new so don't know how this is supposed to work. What do you guys think? How long will it be untill they come back up? I am a full time student so kinda don't drive unless i am off school. So i was off Friday and drove 3 hrs and did 5 rides got 76$. I also have Lyft. So had both apps on and never got a request from Lyft. All my rides were uber. Is Lyft typically slower?

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
this whole price cut thing, is it temp or permanent? In my location it was a 20% price cut. Uber takes 25% so that leave the driver with 55% wtf. If they do price cuts they should also do a cut on their commissions. J hope it doesn't take long to bring prices back up. Hopefully higher then what it was. I am new so don't know how this is supposed to work. What do you guys think? How long will it be untill they come back up? I am a full time student so kinda don't drive unless i am off school. So i was off Friday and drove 3 hrs and did 5 rides got 76$. I also have Lyft. So had both apps on and never got a request from Lyft. All my rides were uber. Is Lyft typically slower?
This price cut is permanent unless there is a big back clash from it then they will reverse it , it's completely up to us.

On these prices I hope you have an old paid off beater or a Prius if not you are getting screwed in the worst possible ways

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just emailed them about this. I don't drive much but this is just ridiculous. Lets see if they respond. I told them since they drop the rates i hope they are also dropping their commissions. Why do we have to take less money because they want more pax. Makes no sence

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I just emailed them about this. I don't drive much but this is just ridiculous. Lets see if they respond. I told them since they drop the rates i hope they are also dropping their commissions. Why do we have to take less money because they want more pax. Makes no sence
That email goes to someone like you or me who is getting paid peanuts just like us.send your email to your local newspaper or radio

PS he will probably just delete it or shoot you a canned response simply cause he doesn't know shit/ can't do shit lol

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
If there's enough of a backlash, you should see at least a partial rate increase in three months around April.

You will be able to indirectly tell if there's a backlash by the amount and duration of the guarantees.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The rider app pop up says rate cuts are temporary. I am only working for the guarantee at this point. Took 100% of the pings...wow 4 whole pings. Worked 3 hours made 23.67 estimated payout. Should owe me 57 bucks after the guarantee for East Bay. Better than last Monday night, 1 ping and I ended up canceling after she called me stupid on the phone for going to where she pinned and not to where she was......duh. 3.75 cents 2 1/2 hours online

·
Registered
87 Posts
Should all show up in front of their market street office and double park and block traffic to make a point...one day....that should get their attention and the media's attention over posting on social media............

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks like a lot of drivers don't care about the lower rates. I see in the passenger app still alot of drivers everywhere. I haven't signed in to agree to terms. They respond to my email and said that it is going to benefit the driver because you will get more rides. But its not because those ridea are payed less to the driver. It doesn't make sence. How is business with Lyft here in the east bay? Anybody doing Lyft instead?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Too many drivers..Uber is flooding the market..only going to get worse..was good up until last year..downhill from now.don't expect to make a fortune..

·
Registered
46 Posts
I will not drive until the rates go back up. The more we drive at these rates the more money pours out of our pockets. Silly to drive when it costs more to work than to stay home. East Bay rates were low enough before. Hardly ever surged and now there are a ton of cars on the road. The guaranteed wage is a joke. I took a PAX into San Francisco and hung around a couple of hours. I accepted 100% of the pings. The traffic was brutal, always had a PAX in my car and I still didn't meet the minimum requirements (2.2 rph). I made the east bay quota (1.2 rph) with room to spare but since I wasn't in the east bay the entire time I only got the minimum wage for the time I was actually in the east bay.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Looks like a lot of drivers don't care about the lower rates. I see in the passenger app still alot of drivers everywhere. I haven't signed in to agree to terms. They respond to my email and said that it is going to benefit the driver because you will get more rides. But its not because those ridea are payed less to the driver. It doesn't make sence. How is business with Lyft here in the east bay? Anybody doing Lyft instead?
I do Lyft in SF , power bonus driver . I average 2o hr if things are slow like in the last 3 or 4 weeks.

I stopped doing uber in November, what surprised me the most is I made way more driving Lyft than I ever did with uber. my biggest weekly pay has been from Lyft

1 - 20 of 24 Posts