Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
July 12, 2016

In my experience thus far, Lyft only has one Chicago area Toll Collection Point in it's database. That's the .75 cent toll that you pay entering or leaving O'hare airport, via I-90 or I-294.

Lyft support tells me to send them a map of the tollway system, the collection points, and amounts. I sent a link to this map (http://www.illinoistollway.com/documents/10157/20004/ILTollwayMap_2016-SideB-final-web.pdf ) that shows them everything they need to know to bring the software up-to-date.

Lyft support said "thanks"...but is now asking me for the riders names/routes/dates/times/tolls paid...going back to December 2015, which is when they first asked for the tollway map! OMG.

How is UBER, when it comes to toll reimbursement here in the Chicago area? Are they more competent than Lyft? I hope so!

-Allen (Arlington Heights Area)

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
Uber automatically adds reimbursements for tolls to the payout for the trip. If you look at the details it will show the tolls.

Be aware, however, the reimbursement for tolls assumes you have an I Pass as it only reimburses based on I Pass rates.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uber automatically adds reimbursements for tolls to the payout for the trip. If you look at the details it will show the tolls.

Be aware, however, the reimbursement for tolls assumes you have an I Pass as it only reimburses based on I Pass rates.
mikesmidget, thank-you for the reply. Apparently Uber's Illinois Tollway tracking software is better written and maintained than Lyft's is. Except for the toll collection points right around Ohare, I get $0 reimbursement from Lyft for driving I-90, I-294, I-355, and now, IL-390 (Elgin-Ohare Tollway).

·
Registered
192 Posts
uber dont have in database edens spur toll( they dident paid me for this toll), all others i think they have in database

·
Registered
985 Posts
My experience has been very good with Uber on toll reimbursement. But, I always check my tolls expense for a shift and then see whether I received the proper reimbursements. Whenever they've missed one they have promptly credited me. I just go into the given ride and submit the request and provide them specifics (toll booth, time, $). And, as mentioned above, they assume you're using iPass for reimbursement amount. However, I don't know why anyone would drive Uber/Lyft around Chicago without an iPass account.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the replies! It's too bad that Lyft is obsessed with chasing Uber in some ways, but is horrible, when it comes to matching Uber's technology. Yesterday was another day of un-reimbursed LYFT tolls. This time, I-90 west at the Roselle Road exit. Twice.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Well, I guess a year really hasn't made a difference with Lyft and toll reimbursement. I added Lyft to my repertoire recently (need all you can get in current environment). But, their app is terrible with tolls. I'd say they only identify tolls on perhaps a third of my trips that have tolls. I do give them credit in promptly responding and saying that they will credit me the tolls. But, its a pain in the *ss to keep track as they'll add them days after the fact.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Couldn't agree more. Lyft App is a P.O.S
I have missed several Toll credits and because of this if there is an option to take non-Toll roads I just take that.

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
Need to add one thing. Illinois has added toll plazas to the Jane Adams tollway as part of the widening project. Uber has not yet updated their system to reflect them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts