Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a driver from California and I'm considering moving to Denver but I might have to continue to drive for rideshare until I get settled in for a while.
Is it even worth doing uber in Denver?

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
I'm a driver from California and I'm considering moving to Denver but I might have to continue to drive for rideshare until I get settled in for a while.
Is it even worth doing uber in Denver?
I have been averaging $33 per hour this year, and a $1.56 per mile. The cost of living in Denver is insane, but if you are from Cali you will probably find it to be a bargain.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Please keep in mind the following if you move here (or anywhere)

-Keep RIGHT except to pass
-Turn on red only after a full stop
-Parking lots are only navigable on the designed roadways (not cutting through parking spots to get to the other end of the lot)
-The express lane is not the fast lane. So if someone is using it and aren’t doing 20 over the speed limit. Don’t ride their a$$
-There are signs that indicate merging ahead. Figure out what the sign is saying and merge if your lane is shown to be the one merging on the sign.

This is a good start.

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
Why does anybody brag about how much money they make or how great it is in Denver to encourage people to move here? Especially from CA.
Dont we already have too many people here? And them driving housing costs to ridiculous levels?
What a mystery!

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
I don't care how many people move to Denver. I'll be moving back to Minnesota as soon as my daughter graduates from High School (5 years). Move to Denver because it's got 300+ days of sunshine, the mountains, and it's cheaper than Cali.
Don't move to Minnesota though. It's freezing cold and the one month it gets above freezing you'll just be covered in mosquitos. Also, we live in igloos and are chased by Polar Bears. All people eat is lutefisk and it's nasty.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Oh they are. They're paying 100K-200K over asking price to secure the deal, preventing us from buying houses in our own market
That's not so much people from Cali as it is institutional investors. Private equity firms are targeting housing in select metro areas around the country, Denver is one of them. On paper, they only own 2% of housing in America (for now) but they are cherry-picking cities and neighborhoods that drive prices up on a macro level. It's really messed up. Soon corporate housing will be the only option in many places.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I don't care how many people move to Denver. I'll be moving back to Minnesota as soon as my daughter graduates from High School (5 years). Move to Denver because it's got 300+ days of sunshine, the mountains, and it's cheaper than Cali.
Don't move to Minnesota though. It's freezing cold and the one month it gets above freezing you'll just be covered in mosquitos. Also, we live in igloos and are chased by Polar Bears. All people eat is lutefisk and it's nasty.
Lmao 🤣I see what you did there

1 - 10 of 10 Posts