Uber Drivers Forum banner

How is the pings in Katy?

3K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  iamthedarkwolf 
#1 ·
I live in North Houston but my GF lives in Katy. So I find myself there quite a bit I was wondering what pings are like out there and if its worth try to pick up some pax in hopes to try and get paid and work my way home.

#5 ·
I work Securtiy at night as well And I do Canvassing for a guy running city council during the day. So my hopes is I can Get some pings While I canvas and can basically work both during the day. knock on some doors then pick up a ride then knock on more doors rinse and repeat. But I got to have my TNC for the area I am going to be Canvasing.

But on the plus side My security Job is in Willowbrook and Jersey Village is right here and it is outside HCL so I could pick up there in the mornings to when I get off at 6 am maybe there will be some pings for people needing to go to work. Atleast pop my Uber Cherry.

#6 ·
I work Securtiy at night as well And I do Canvassing for a guy running city council during the day. So my hopes is I can Get some pings While I canvas and can basically work both during the day. knock on some doors then pick up a ride then knock on more doors rinse and repeat. But I got to have my TNC for the area I am going to be Canvasing.

But on the plus side My security Job is in Willowbrook and Jersey Village is right here and it is outside HCL so I could pick up there in the mornings to when I get off at 6 am maybe there will be some pings for people needing to go to work. Atleast pop my Uber Cherry.
Oh great another one that can't form a sentence.
Where is fUber getting this people!

#19 ·
The other thing to keep in mind is that "Katy" is a large, sprawling area. The school district covers about 180 square miles. There are a lot of drivers out here too. I've seen at least 10 different ones at gas stations & car washes based on the stickers and there are likely many more driving without the COH TNC.

Katy fares generally fall into either the really short trip category (which are even less worthwhile because of their sporadic nature), or the long runs to downtown/midtown or the airports (which leave you with dead miles back to your GF's place unless you plan on working the rest of the day in Houston).

It's really no different than anywhere else that isn't your normal area. If you happen to be there and get lucky, so be it. But I would certainly not plan for any specific level of income.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.