Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a passenger today who went through the process and got his TLC license. His license comes in the mail April 2nd and he finds out he can't drive for uber and is on a wait list. He signs up with Lyft. That is probably what everyone else has to do now. Lyft can't take on all those drivers. What are they doing over there? After february 1st i'm averaging 1 lyft ride an hour. Uber has been amazing. Yesterday i did $260 with Uber alone in 7 hours. I did $12 with Lyft. Lyft knows they can't take all those drivers. Anyone have a clue what they're doing?

·
Registered
110 Posts
it is not like Lyft has to pay every driver who are online, Remember You only get pay when You are carrying passengers, As lyft gains more driver, wait time of lyft customers will dramatically will go down which will increase their convenience, Lyft user and market share will go up, Uber is aiming at TLC cap lift with their move, But it will benefit lyft

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
it is not like Lyft has to pay every driver who are online, Remember You only get pay when You are carrying passengers, As lyft gains more driver, wait time of lyft customers will dramatically will go down which will increase their convenience, Lyft user and market share will go up, Uber is aiming at TLC cap lift with their move, But it will benefit lyft
are you kidding? this is 2019 paxholes worry about wait time? you can even get a JUNO at 2am in like 3 mins. These app companies are freaking joke, yeah thats right keep on take in the drivers until everyone makes $2 an hour.

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Isn't that the entire point of the Utilization Rate? TLC will still know all these drivers are online and not getting calls. This will bring their Utilization rate way down. That can't be right

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It doesn't really matter what company accepts the drivers. They all end up driving for all, some with Via as well.
Not anymore, The new drivers can't drive for Uber. Uber who has about 70% of the market. Uber has millions of customers who have no idea who Lyft, Juno and Via are. Lets say the TLC is licensing 200 drivers a day. Thats 1400 hundred drivers a week, a majority of which are going to Lyft. Lyft who does not have enough customers,their utilization rate will drop in the .30' at that rate. I would say Uber would just end up buying Lyft, but they just went public. Lyft is screwed. Uber just cornered them, they have no way out unless the city "lifts" the ban and brings old rates back

·
Premium Member
2,832 Posts
The ban will not be lifted. Let's keep it moving. If it's lifted there will be an unregulated amount of new drivers and cars that will completely destroy what the cap was made to do to begin with. I don't think it's gonna happen that fast. Especially with all the new drivers since the first cap. also there is still no solid plan for congestion pricing so until that gets figured out I highly doubt tlc lifts the cap.

·
Premium Member
9,272 Posts
The ban will not be lifted. Let's keep it moving. If it's lifted there will be an unregulated amount of new drivers and cars that will completely destroy what the cap was made to do to begin with. I don't think it's gonna happen that fast. Especially with all the new drivers since the first cap. also there is still no solid plan for congestion pricing so until that gets figured out I highly doubt tlc lifts the cap.
If yellows are capped at 13k I don't see why TLc can't come up with a number for FHV too.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Current uber drivers who do both will be getting less Lyft pings. Which means a higher percentage of their rides will be from uber right now. Which means lower wait time for uber pax for the time being. Now uber also has less headache dealing with new drivers. Uber will add people from the waitlist as needed. Which they should have done a while ago.

·
Premium Member
10,687 Posts
Current uber drivers who do both will be getting less Lyft pings. Which means a higher percentage of their rides will be from uber right now. Which means lower wait time for uber pax for the time being. Now uber also has less headache dealing with new drivers. Uber will add people from the waitlist as needed. Which they should have done a while ago.
Sorry but you make no sense. Less drivers means long wait time for pax and even surging. If drivers are busy it means they can't accept new requests. Uber really did it for UR and next step will be deactivation "bad" drivers.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sorry but you make no sense. Less drivers means long wait time for pax and even surging. If drivers are busy it means they can't accept new requests. Uber really did it for UR and next step will be deactivation "bad" drivers.
My point makes no sense at all really? I thought it was pretty straightforward. With Lyft not putting a limit on drivers, it means less Lyft pings for everyone(old and new drivers). With how "slow" it has been this will eventually be good for us as demand slowly increases for uber, but they will lift the ban when needed. Why not when so many people are willing to driver for peanuts?

Yes it is common knowledge to everyone that uber gets the bulk of the amount of requests from rideshare apps. People have been complaining about oversaturation so long and this is something I guess. Maybe too late.

·
Premium Member
12,349 Posts
tell u guys this. in cc phila area lyft has been renting ..cars suvs and compacts with nyc TLC plates???why. and can these cars get rerouted to nyc later?? all these cars are N.Y TLC..
LYFT RENTAL DRIVERS PROGRAM.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.