Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Citron, which has held a stake in Lyft for the last two years, said it has increased its position in the company in the open market. They, or other similar whale, probably bought more stocks, which caused the price to rise, which caused shorts sellers to cover their position by buying it back, which contributed to the spike. I am not an expert, just guessing.

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Citron, which has held a stake in Lyft for the last two years, said it has increased its position in the company in the open market. They, or other similar whale, probably bought more stocks, which caused the price to rise, which caused shorts sellers to cover their position by buying it back, which contributed to the spike. I am not an expert, just guessing.
Lots of nervous high powered fingers in these rancid pies.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
All the short sellers are getting kicked out causing the stock price to rise because they have to cover their short positions.
Not yet I don't think, as LYFT really hasn't risen that much. But if LYFT gets good news and the stock rises, you could get a short squeeze situation and a big boost to the stock as short sellers have to cover their short

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
It has risen because most people here have no idea what they are talking about.

They also think small, insignificant actions impact a major corporation, or its stock value.

Reactions: uberer2016

·
Registered
943 Posts
It has risen because most people here have no idea what they are talking about.

They also think small, insignificant actions impact a major corporation, or its stock value.
Please enlighten us!! You surely have a masters in finance or business econ!

Lyft is unprofitable, full stop. It's entire business model is selling dollars for 75 cents through VC and driver investment. Their management has come out and said there is a reasonable chance they will never see a penny of profit.

What is likely happening is that some of the country's/world's largest investors have bet big on lyft, and these guys don't like to lose. In fact they hate losing so much they will manipulate anything and everything they can to stabilize the stock until employees and management cashes out.

This company isn't amazon. It is a mediocre at best phone app. The backend data collection is significant and impressive, but it speaks to the incompetency of their management. Lyft and uber have a treasure trove of data (in the same vein as google, FB, amazon, etc) yet cannot figure out how to monetize this at all.

Also, why do 90% of your posts defend uber/lyft at the expense of drivers? Just because you made the switch from the X ant to select ant doesnt make you part of corporate. It just makes you an ant with bigger repair bills

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Logan and Zimmerman have made their millions - as they should. But everyone knows Uber and Lyft Taxi will be much different in five years (Finger print background check, city set mileage rates, commercial insurance requirement etc.). That is, if it survives.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Logan and Zimmerman have made their millions - as they should. But everyone knows Uber and Lyft Taxi will be much different in five years (Finger print background check, city set mileage rates, commercial insurance requirement etc.). That is, if it survives.
I think what you are failing to consider here is that the yuppies in the big cities really like ride sharing the way it is. Low bargain prices, lots of people out there with their family car putting on their side hustle. These are your "progressives", those who would be expected to lead the way in regards to further regulation. Others outside of this demographic are more disinterested aren't likely to care one way or another. Unless something happens to motivate change, I don't think change is very likely.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
So they're doubling on their bets. I'd love to see the ripple effect once Lyft goes belly up. The rich don't always get richer.

·
Banned
3,535 Posts

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
#1. Investors are stupid, greedy, pigs.
#2. The stock market is rigged.
#3. People in general are stupid, greedy pigs.
#4. Stock market related Media outlets only make money when stocks rise.
It's not:

It's not:
Down 31% from its opening day.

Uber's announcement is a factor but once that turd gets dropped and everyone sees what a disaster their model is as well reality will be slapping a lot of people awake.

Uber plans to reduce driver pay even more in its most critical markets. The service will get much worse as the only drivers they'll be able to recruit will be the most desperate and broke ones they can scrape off the bottom.

Restaurants are also getting fed up with UberEATS extorting them.

Attachments

·
Banned
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's not:

Down 31% from its opening day.

Uber's announcement is a factor but once that turd gets dropped and everyone sees what a disaster their model is as well reality will be slapping a lot of people awake.

Uber plans to reduce driver pay even more in its most critical markets. The service will get much worse as the only drivers they'll be able to recruit will be the most desperate and broke ones they can scrape off the bottom.

Restaurants are also getting fed up with UberEATS extorting them.
I just loaded up on some May 10 $45 Puts

Q1 results will be a disaster and Lyft knows this.

Q2 will be significantly better profitwise as Lyft will sqeeze drivers HARD in q2 because it will be the last reported earnings before the lockup period expires and if they can significantly reduce losses for THAT quarter the employees and insiders will get as much as they can out of this dead dog

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I just loaded up on some May 10 $45 Puts

Q1 results will be a disaster and Lyft knows this.

Q2 will be significantly better profitwise as Lyft will sqeeze drivers HARD in q2 because it will be the last reported earnings before the lockup period expires and if they can significantly reduce losses for THAT quarter the employees and insiders will get as much as they can out of this dead dog
Usually brother you want to do a write up the money or around it. The further out it is the cheaper it is but also a higher risk factor. I want everyone to make as much money as they can. I just give my opinion on things that I see just like anybody else.

I am not a financial advisor. I am not an expert in this field. You may lose all the money that you have investing in the market. I am just a lame trader. Please do your due diligence before you trade.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.