Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
last night I drove both Lyft and Uber. My Lyft paxs were awesome. The two uber pax sucked. First time since I started driving have I experienced pax that sucked (other the the drunk Chicago guys). First uber pax was airport pickup. Was already at airport dropping off Lyft pax.

Got out of car. Put his bag in trunk for him. Took him the most efficient route downtown. He complained that downtown seemed dead and no fun. Told him I drove around the busy area and most efficient route and didn't give him the scenic route because he didn't ask for it. He said after the fact he wanted to see the scenic route. He gave me a 4*. Even though I got out to put luggage in and out of trunk for him and offered him water which I gave him a 4* bc no tip.

Next I get an UberPool request from same hotel I dropped other pax off. UberPool I guess is really cheap here don't know rates since it just started Monday. Cheap pax was in a hurry and late for dinner and started b1tching at me as soon as he got in the car. Then got really upset because I had to pick up another pax. Politely reminded him he choose UberPool and if in the future if he's in a rush he should request Uberx. Go get second pax and he's a no show that pissed off first pax even more. He rated me 1* bc he was late and too cheep to order Uberx.

Uber had no way for me to enter no show in the help so I picked something to report 2nd pu no show.

When I got my ratings I was pissed. I had a 9.6 rating that dropped significantly bc of the one star. Just learned how to change a riders rating after the fact. Went in and changed cheap a$$ UberPool to 1* and reported his rude behavior. Went in and changed college boy to 2*. Know pax ratings don't matter much but I feel vindicated!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As soon as he got into YOUR car barking at you, you should have told him to get out of your car and canceled the trip, there is no need to let these PAX disrespect you.
Great advice. Live and learn. Now I know what to do next time. I'd rather have four drunk guys from Chicago proposition me with explicit sexual acts they want to do to me then give me a $25 tip as an apology for being jerks than put up with the a$$hole from last night for a $2.50 fare and my first 1* rating!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Yes they have to respect your property, and dont let the fact that you are a woman let them think they can bully you. Dont take their crap because you can be nice to them and they will still give you a bad rating.
Got that now. I have no problem now throwing out a pax who complains at me the whole time bc of his poor time management and he was too cheep to order Uberx!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well karma does come back. Just went through Starbucks drive through. Kinda grumpy bc of last nights ratings and the guy in front of me paid for my coffee. Reminds me there are still good people in the world. At least I still have my perfect 5* rating on Lyft.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Uber already responded and changed it, they can be speedy when they want
Yeah my changed ratings on the two jerks from last night were approved instantly. Wasn't as nice as you. Cheep a$$ UberPool who gave me a 1* got a 1* and I filed a formal complaint against him. College jerk went from 4-2. Done being Miss Nice Gal. You screw with my rating I will respond in kind!

·
25,858 Posts
lFirst uber pax was airport pickup. Got out of car. Put his bag in trunk for him. He said after the fact he wanted to see the scenic route. He gave me a 4*. Even though I got out to put luggage in and out of trunk for him and offered him water which I gave him a 4* bc no tip.

Next I get an UberPool request Cheap pax was in a hurry and late for dinner and started b1tching at me as soon as he got in the car. Then got really upset because I had to pick up another pax. Politely reminded him he choose UberPool and if in the future if he's in a rush he should request Uberx. He rated me 1* bc he was late and too cheep to order Uberx.
Welcome to my world, mademoiselle.

You can scrape, bow and kowtow to them, but if one little thing is out of place, the whole thing is in the toilet. You can do nothing, and I mean NOTHING, right. Passengers wait until you are committed to a route, then, tell you that they do not like it. They can not tell you up front what they want. You are supposed to read minds or be clairvoyant.

"Look, Jack, if I were clairvoyant, I would not be driving this cab, because if I were clairvoyant, I could predict either the stock market, the lottery numbers, or both. When that happens, I can sit on my porch on Foxhall Road sipping my Dominion Root Beer and watch cars go by the house."

Your first clue that passenger #1 is a jackwadd was that he allowed you to schlepp the suitcase. Yes, I know, you are the "service provider", but, as my parents raised me in an archaic manner, I do not let ladies schlepp suitcases. I make one exception to that: I am staying at a hotel that employs a female bellhop. In that case, I will let her schlepp the suitcase because she depends on my tip as much as a male bellhop. If I hail a cab driven by a female, she can open the trunk, but I will deal with the suitcase.

When your customers fail to plan, it is always the driver's fault that they are late. It is the driver's fault that:

1. He was not at the front door before the customer pushed the "SUBMIT" button for his order.

2. The fastest route to the customer's destination is blocked by an eight car pileup.

3. There is a five alarm fire on the route around the eight car pileup.

4. The President is visiting, so you are sitting in traffic held up for his motorcade.

5. The Police have closed the street where his destination lies due to a hostage situation.

6. You are stuck in traffic because the Police have closed the street for an anti-Trump demonstration.

8. The customer forgot his ID and must go back to get it.

9. The customer left his presentation in his hotel room and must go back for it.

10. The customer goes into the hotel room to discover that he did not leave his presentation there. He left it in his office. There is a copy on his computer, but it is the driver's fault that his secretary in the Office back home is not answering her wireless telephone after hours, so he can not get her at least to e-Mail the text.

As soon as he got into YOUR car barking at you, you should have told him to get out of your car and canceled the trip, there is no need to let these PAX disrespect you.
This is one advantage that a TNC driver has over a cab driver. You can refuse to haul without any regulatory consequences. What Gees2016 is telling you is sound advice. As soon as the jackwadd starts on you, inform him that you are not starting this trip, you are not transporting him and invite him to exit the vehicle and summon another. If he balks, call the Police and make sure that he knows that you are calling the Police. A customer can not rate you on a trip that you never started.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome to my world, mademoiselle.

You can scrape, bow and kowtow to them, but if one little thing is out of place, the whole thing is in the toilet. You can do nothing, and I mean NOTHING, right. Passengers wait until you are committed to a route, then, tell you that they do not like it. They can not tell you up front what they want. You are supposed to read minds or be clairvoyant.

"Look, Jack, if I were clairvoyant, I would not be driving this cab, because if I were clairvoyant, I could predict either the stock market, the lottery numbers, or both. When that happens, I can sit on my porch on Foxhall Road sipping my Dominion Root Beer and watch cars go by the house."

Your first clue that passenger #1 is a jackwadd was that he allowed you to schlepp the suitcase. Yes, I know, you are the "service provider", but, as my parents raised me in an archaic manner, I do not let ladies schlepp suitcases. I make one exception to that: I am staying at a hotel that employs a female bellhop. In that case, I will let her schlepp the suitcase because she depends on my tip as much as a male bellhop. If I hail a cab driven by a female, she can open the trunk, but I will deal with the suitcase.

When your customers fail to plan, it is always the driver's fault that they are late. It is the driver's fault that:

1. He was not at the front door before the customer pushed the "SUBMIT" button for his order.

2. The fastest route to the customer's destination is blocked by an eight car pileup.

3. There is a five alarm fire on the route around the eight car pileup.

4. The President is visiting, so you are sitting in traffic held up for his motorcade.

5. The Police have closed the street where his destination lies due to a hostage situation.

6. You are stuck in traffic because the Police have closed the street for an anti-Trump demonstration.

8. The customer forgot his ID and must go back to get it.

9. The customer left his presentation in his hotel room and must go back for it.

10. The customer goes into the hotel room to discover that he did not leave his presentation there. He left it in his office. There is a copy on his computer, but it is the driver's fault that his secretary in the Office back home is not answering her wireless telephone after hours, so he can not get her at least to e-Mail the text.

This is one advantage that a TNC driver has over a cab driver. You can refuse to haul without any regulatory consequences. What Gees2016 is telling you is sound advice. As soon as the jackwadd starts on you, inform him that you are not starting this trip, you are not transporting him and invite him to exit the vehicle and summon another. If he balks, call the Police and make sure that he knows that you are calling the Police. A customer can not rate you on a trip that you never started.
Wow do you live in the DC area? I'm guessing you experienced all those different scenarios.

If you cancel a ride mid way since the pax is being a jerk can they still rate you?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
What Gees2016 is telling you is sound advice. As soon as the jackwadd starts on you, inform him that you are not starting this trip, you are not transporting him and invite him to exit the vehicle and summon another. If he balks, call the Police and make sure that he knows that you are calling the Police. A customer can not rate you on a trip that you never started.
Yep, and a police response would go along ways towards a cleaning fee if they happened to throw coffee or breakfast at your vehicle.
All my cleaning fee requests now have police documentation as part of the report, you never know when it's going to get ugly

·
25,858 Posts
Wow do you live in the DC area?

If you cancel a ride mid way since the pax is being a jerk can they still rate you?
I live in the District of Columbia.

Yes, once you start the trip, the customer can rate you and you must rate the customer. At that point, most of the time you are better off enduring and just one star him and understand that he will one star you.

If the customer gets really bad, threatening, abusive or violent, at that point, go to a well lit area with people and end the ride. At that point, the one star is a small price to pay to get the jerk from your car.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
No tolerance in my vehicle, I've said it many times and will repeat the 3 options my PAX have:
  • Peaceful ride home/bar/work/hotel
  • Back of Police car
  • Back of Ambulance
Not afraid to make the call, and if they want to pay a cleaning fee for what their temper tantrum or drunk & disorderly conduct did to my vehicle so be it.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Yeah my changed ratings on the two jerks from last night were approved instantly. Wasn't as nice as you. Cheep a$$ UberPool who gave me a 1* got a 1* and I filed a formal complaint against him. College jerk went from 4-2. Done being Miss Nice Gal. You screw with my rating I will respond in kind!
Can you please explain how to do this?

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
On the specific trip with the app, select "I had an issue with the rider" and explain that you want to change ratings. CSR will do it without question - it's a good way to fulfil quotas.
Can you please explain how to do this?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts