Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
UBEREATS IS GOOD IN MY MARKET I GET STACKED ORDERS ALL THE TIME AND I GET A DOORDASH ORDER GOING THE SAME WAY MOST OF THE TIME…

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
It's terrible everywhere. This pandemic really messed things up for everyone. People don't want to go to work because they're scared of getting the Rona. No one has any money except when the government issues a stimulus.

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
It's terrible everywhere. This pandemic really messed things up for everyone. People don't want to go to work because they're scared of getting the Rona. No one has any money except when the government issues a stimulus.
paranoid a little?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Seems more saturated since labor day (when pandemic unemployment benefits ended). It's been much harder to reach my weekly goals, which I've missed some weeks.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I've been driving part-time since April 2017, and it has NEVER been this bad in my market at this time of year. I'm talking 20 minute or more stretches between offers at all but the very busiest times (and sometimes even then) It's gotten so I only drive when I have other errands to run at the same time, or stay super close to home to come back between trips.

If anyone in the Phoenix metro area - particularly in the East Valley - is lurking on this forum to decide if they'd like to give UE a try (or, an established driver looking for a new area of the city to drive in) PLEASE for the love of all that is holy get a different job and stay off the UE app. This area is completely oversaturated and doesn't need even one more driver. I think that merger with Postmates was a factor, too.

(And, if all you inexperienced ants could quit accepting the $2-3-4 orders, that'd be great too. As long as you idiots take 'em, UE has no incentive to ever increase our pay...🙄)

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I’ve been making more $ on UE lately. For the last few weeks the majority of DD requests have been sh... crappy

·
Registered
107 Posts
Does the Uber Eats App in your market show you whether a customer has tipped already?
For me in NY yes, sort of. Just do some quick math. Minimum request is $2.50 for my market, which typically means there's no tip there. Anything above that, there's usually some sort of tip (assuming you also account for any surge and additional mileage).

Unfortunately sometimes an order with no tip rides the curtails of someone else that does tip through stacked orders.

·
Premium Member
7,767 Posts
I have been doing gig work part time for 4 years, Food delivery exclusively for the past two. During that time we go through slow and bad cycles, and good cycles. Right now, at least in my market it as as bad as it's ever been. It is a real struggle to make my nightly goal so I am forced to multi app and put a little more mileage on in order to achieve it.

Busy or slow almost always has a lot more to do with the amount of drivers on app, and very little to do with the over all market demand. Right now we have more driver saturation then I've ever seen on UE, DD, and GH. Newbies are easy to spot and are all over the place now like flies on shit. In my market, DD is ridiculous with the amount of new drivers. DD especially is filled with newbies who don't even speak English, they run up to the counters holding their phones out for the restaurant to see what order they are there to pick up. DD is taking advantage of this and dumping more and more $2.50 to $3.00 offers because they know those newbs will take them.

Even GH who used to limit the amount of drivers is opening it up to a lot more newbies.

Currently it's a bad situation and all you can do is 2 things:
  1. Keep finding new strategies of where to stage. You have to keep away from the "herd" of newbies who are flooding strip malls, etc.etc.. The worst place to stage is by a flood of drivers. You won't get a volume of orders and the AI will drive the offer values down.
  2. Ride it out. Eventually the newbs will quickly get tired of not making any money and will leave.
Last week one night it was comical. Three drivers were jockeying for position as to who could get their car closest to a Mickey D's. In the same plaza cars were lined up in the fire lane outside a 5 guys! :LOL: Newbies!

AI controls the software on all these apps. If there are 7 cars outside a restaurant and an order comes in, the AI sees there are 7 drivers sitting there so what do you think those offers will be?

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I have been doing gig work part time for 4 years, Food delivery exclusively for the past two. During that time we go through slow and bad cycles, and good cycles. Right now, at least in my market it as as bad as it's ever been. It is a real struggle to make my nightly goal so I am forced to multi app and put a little more mileage on in order to achieve it.

Busy or slow almost always has a lot more to do with the amount of drivers on app, and very little to do with the over all market demand. Right now we have more driver saturation then I've ever seen on UE, DD, and GH. Newbies are easy to spot and are all over the place now like flies on shit. In my market, DD is ridiculous with the amount of new drivers. DD especially is filled with newbies who don't even speak English, they run up to the counters holding their phones out for the restaurant to see what order they are there to pick up. DD is taking advantage of this and dumping more and more $2.50 to $3.00 offers because they know those newbs will take them.

Even GH who used to limit the amount of drivers is opening it up to a lot more newbies.

Currently it's a bad situation and all you can do is 2 things:
  1. Keep finding new strategies of where to stage. You have to keep away from the "herd" of newbies who are flooding strip malls, etc.etc.. The worst place to stage is by a flood of drivers. You won't get a volume of orders and the AI will drive the offer values down.
  2. Ride it out. Eventually the newbs will quickly get tired of not making any money and will leave.
Last week one night it was comical. Three drivers were jockeying for position as to who could get their car closest to a Mickey D's. In the same plaza cars were lined up in the fire lane outside a 5 guys! :LOL: Newbies!

AI controls the software on all these apps. If there are 7 cars outside a restaurant and an order comes in, the AI sees there are 7 drivers sitting there so what do you think those offers will be?
Seamus, all of this is 100% SPOT. ON. Thank you for saying everything better than I could. ❤

·
Registered
831 Posts
For me in NY yes, sort of. Just do some quick math. Minimum request is $2.50 for my market, which typically means there's no tip there. Anything above that, there's usually some sort of tip (assuming you also account for any surge and additional mileage).

Unfortunately sometimes an order with no tip rides the curtails of someone else that does tip through stacked orders.
That is my single rabid pet peeve (the rest are reasonably mild). I’m still working on how to screw those freeloaders. Most of the time they’re the first stop, so one doesn’t realize they piggybacked until one marks it “delivered” (which isn’t fair either - they should be the second stop ALWAYS; tippers should get priority).

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
I've pretty much given up the idea of trying to be close to popular restaurants. I've discovered that a lot of drivers turn down the long-distance deliveries to save gas, so you can make pretty good money doing those. Of course, I still shoot for $2 a mile.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
It's always slow here. I did 2 orders this week and made $15. Doordash has been really good so I rely on that. I only do UE when DD is bad or when you get that 30 minute scheduling break, if I get something better than most of the ridic $2 or less than $4 offers.

I did see a $5.25 plus red square in an area I was in but nothing popped up. Not sure if that was UE or UberX.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Mine is also slow, but I had no problem doing 3 orders (quest) yesterday that would be decent even without the quest. Less than an hour, $41 ($35 without the quest). Here’s the best part: less than 8 miles all combined.

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Here in Bakersfield, weekends are still reliably busy all day. During the week, it's pretty dead. So I now just work Saturdays and Sundays, 5-6 hours each day.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts