Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I understand, we get paid by the total miles and time driven AFTER the 1st pickup, right?

Sometimes after the 1st pickup, I have to go many miles, sometimes to the opposite direction to pickup a 2nd pax. Or I passed a turn since the 2nd ping came too slow and I have to waste 2 extra miles to pickup.

Do we get paid by actual miles or a predetermined miles (like UberEATS)?

Anyone has “clocked” the miles to confirm the pay?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The reason I raised this question is that for Uberx, you can easily run google map to check the mileage.

For pool rides, it’s harder to check the miles for those going to pickup 2nd and 3rd pax. Sometimes you even have to take a detour.

With Uber being so honest and upfront, how do you confirm if they really pay you the total miles driven?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I wish I could help with your original questions, I swore off pool months ago and haven't looked back, I'm really not sure how to check and make sure you are paid appropriately on a pool ride :p

I know we all have different strategies and pool might work for you, but I'd suggest go for two weeks without doing any pools and compare your earnings from the prior two weeks, you might find pool just isn't worth it.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wish I could help with your original questions, I swore off pool months ago and haven't looked back, I'm really not sure how to check and make sure you are paid appropriately on a pool ride :p

I know we all have different strategies and pool might work for you, but I'd suggest go for two weeks without doing any pools and compare your earnings from the prior two weeks, you might find pool just isn't worth it.
There are too many ants and not enough riders to go around. Even pool rides I have to go "find" them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts