Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It can be very congested there. It's easy to get forced into entering the parking structure (if you exit right away there's no charge). If you pull over by the Macy's door, you're kind of blocking the Safeway exit; making a u-turn out is technically illegal; and the outgoing lanes are often full of cars. From WB 1st, I stay in the right, left turn lane.

Is there a better way to do this?

·
Registered
832 Posts
What do you mean?

I think I'll try the Safeway lot.
Some people are bitter (I guess with Uber) and have negative attitudes on pretty much all forums for Uber...

At any rate, I always try to dropoff at the roundabout.

https://goo.gl/maps/msiowr86R3y

Next to Neiman Marcus, in front of Kona Grill / California Pizza Kitchen.

·
12,715 Posts
What do you mean?

I think I'll try the Safeway lot.
I think he meant because if they're shopping, he's assuming they live in the area and it will probably be a short trip but honestly I've had a DIA run from that mall. So you never know.

I would call the passenger and give them the option of the round a bout or Macy's. With Macy's, you can hang out at Safeway and have them call you as they are walking out so you can pull up to quickly grab them

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Yeah Cherry Creek Mall / Cherry Creek North is a destination shopping area, not a

Once I picked up two ladies here on a five hour layover who wanted to go shopping on a Saturday. Offered to bring them back and got a DIA ride back, and went home while they shopped. Get a lot of rides to CC Mall /North from downtown as well, decent ride if surging.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think he meant because if they're shopping, he's assuming they live in the area and it will probably be a short trip but honestly I've had a DIA run from that mall. So you never know.

I would call the passenger and give them the option of the round a bout or Macy's. With Macy's, you can hang out at Safeway and have them call you as they are walking out so you can pull up to quickly grab them
From Macy's do you then make a u-turn? That's how I've been doing it, but the last time it was packed with cars, and it took me a while to make it.

I have also had a DIA run, right from that door. I've also taken shoppers, and employees, on fairly long rides to their homes.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Bitter, no. Some of us work smarter, not harder.
That's nice.

You were insinuating that anyone who does a pickup OR dropoff at a mall is an idiot. So I guess you just cancel all rides going to malls? Lol, have at it. I've done a few Select rides from that mall to the airport, to Highlands Ranch... I guess you make your money, I'll make mine.

·
Premium Member
4,211 Posts
I've done several pickups and drop offs at CC Mall, I always use the Valet area, just a word of warning, the Valet's are pricks, I dropped two women off one night and the valet chewed me out for not leaving fast enough. AS I was waiting to pull out on 1st, got a pickup request at the mall. I called the pax, they were at Kona Grill, told them I would circle around and be back in 2 minutes to the Valet area. As I pulled up, the valet started yelling at me, as the ladies were getting in, that I was supposed to wait at the taxi stand. When I pointed out they were already standing on the curb, he got disgusted with me.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
You were insinuating that anyone who does a pickup OR dropoff at a mall is an idiot. So I guess you just cancel all rides going to malls? Lol, have at it. I've done a few Select rides from that mall to the airport, to Highlands Ranch... I guess you make your money, I'll make mine.
Well, my 1099 from Uber for 2016 was over $130k, so yes, I will do it my way.

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Yeah Cherry Creek Mall / Cherry Creek North is a destination shopping area, not a
oh look I never finished this thought. Anyway, CC Mall is listed in every Denver "to do" list that's ever been published. Just like Red Rocks and 16th Street Mall, which I steer visitors away from and give them my favorite more pleasant spots instead.

Point is it's not a crummy destination or pick up. I've picked up folks downtown and brought them there, often during rush hour surge. It's a short ride but people are friendly, I've told them to cut the indoor mall trip short and visit Cherry Creek North, or other places they might like, and have been occasionally tipped on those rides too

I'll avoid it of course if it's a Saturday with crummy traffic but that's a different issue. The demographics aren't the same as picking up at King Soopers.

·
12,715 Posts
From Macy's do you then make a u-turn? That's how I've been doing it, but the last time it was packed with cars, and it took me a while to make it.

I have also had a DIA run, right from that door. I've also taken shoppers, and employees, on fairly long rides to their homes.
I actually have not picked up there since they implemented the paid parking thing . Now that I think about it, I don't know where they actually placed the gates but I was thinking you should be able to turn right into the Safeway parking lot, pull along the curb that the Macy's doors is on, and then pull on up to the doors when they walk out. If that exact area is to congested just stay back along the curb?? Is Safeway paid parking too?

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Very Nice
I ended up doing the same thing as you and only drive around 15 to 20 hours now. I took a year off from day trading last year and did Uber 100% full time for all my income. I about killed myself with the crazy hours needed to bring home $7500/month. I could kind of justify it when Uber was doing the 100% PDB, but that was it. No more of that BS for me, and I only drive 15 to 20 hours/week now when I know I can average $45+ an hour.

I ended up turning on the app last Sunday when I was done skiing in Beaver creek to come back down to Denver, and ended up with this 5+ hour doozy to Breck. It was all good and just a little out of my way, until we sat on Vail pass for 4 hours. It took me 7 hours to get back to Denver.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I ended up doing the same thing as you and only drive around 15 to 20 hours now. I took a year off from day trading last year and did Uber 100% full time for all my income. I about killed myself with the crazy hours needed to bring home $7500/month. I could kind of justify it when Uber was doing the 100% PDB, but that was it. No more of that BS for me, and I only drive 15 to 20 hours/week now when I know I can average $45+ an hour.

I ended up turning on the app last Sunday when I was done skiing in Beaver creek to come back down to Denver, and ended up with this 5+ hour doozy to Breck. It was all good and just a little out of my way, until we sat on Vail pass for 4 hours. It took me 7 hours to get back to Denver.
Yeah my per hour is way up since going part time but I will miss the freedom and all the traveling I did the year I took off and just did uber and lyft but couldn't do it forever . My goal now is basically make $400 to $500 a week in 15 to 20 hrs .So far I'm at $405 in 9 hours so I'm ahead of schedule for the week

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.