Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all here in Vegas, I signed up for XL, I've only done 33 total rides in 2 weeks since starting only had 2 XL rides. any tips?

Thanks.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Just wait patiently and you will receive a ping. If you're driving X, that is all you will receive. You cannot get XL pings while giving free X rides.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm up in the NW area, not sure where the best spot is for XL, but when I drive 5miles to pick an x up and take them 1mile to a bar for a $2.58 fare.. lol.
But they were very nice and tipped me $5. Also had a first time uber rider yesterday, she wanted to know what the cost was and how it worked..my fare showed $19..xx and some change before the uber fee.. she showed me her phone that showed $21..xxx and change am I getting gipped or is this the $1.70 fee? I did the math and it doesn't come out to exact amounts..

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Go to the office, get them to create you an XL profile only. So u only receive XL calls when on that profile.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
What shown on your screen is the net fare. I always tell my riders, i dont know the fares and the fares they paying will be shown on their screen.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What shown on your screen is the net fare. I always tell my riders, i dont know the fares and the fares they paying will be shown on their screen.
Go to the office, get them to create you an XL profile only. So u only receive XL calls when on that profile.
Ok thanks! :) I emailed support through app, 1 person said you are not signed up for XL! then another said you are! ?? When i went to office I made a point of telling/showing the rep my Van and he said I was xl. Guess I need to go back in and make sure I'm XL, and get separate profile.
Are there many XL rides?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I too drive a mini-van and when I first started I contacted Uber about sending me only XL pings. I even asked if they could let me switch between accepting X & XL and only XL. I was told no, that was not an option and if I didn't accept X pings I wouldn't be driving very much because the overwhelming majority of rides (at lease here in SLC, Utah) are X. Also, if you ignore the X pings, your acceptance rate will fall below the minimum acceptable level and you will be deactivated.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool, I'm still waiting on my LYFT Background check.. 2 weeks now, at least I got the $150 bonus, and got 1 referral already for the $500 hope he gets his 150 rides done.!!! Can't wait to try lyft and see how it is vs Uber. I have done good on tips with Uber so far, but weekdays up in NW are fairly slow, 4-6 rides when I start around 2pm-7 sometimes over an hour till I get my next ping. So I just stay home and chill. Nice when i get a pax to airport or strip.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I too drive a mini-van and when I first started I contacted Uber about sending me only XL pings. I even asked if they could let me switch between accepting X & XL and only XL. I was told no, that was not an option and if I didn't accept X pings I wouldn't be driving very much because the overwhelming majority of rides (at lease here in SLC, Utah) are X. Also, if you ignore the X pings, your acceptance rate will fall below the minimum acceptable level and you will be deactivated.
So how many XL's are you getting?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I drive a van on my uber app. I can select uber X I will receive uber X and Uber XL rides
I also can select uber XL and I will only receive XL rides only. Open the app and go to account upper right select your vehicle, there you can select XL only.
I only have 1 vehicle showing and I don't have the XL next to it. hmmmm I can't edit it either for some reason.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dang, I knew they could do that! Lying SOB's!!
Ya that's BS, esp since I "don't" have the XL next to my vehicle under account like tonyjzrose has. Makes me mad they lied to me and never had me under XL. Makes sense why I've only ever gotten 2 xl's I took 1 to T-mobile arena it was $47 net, vs X to same which paid me $15 net. It's a HUGE difference for us. I will be going to office today to fix it. Before I sign on app.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I drive a van on my uber app. I can select uber X I will receive uber X and Uber XL rides
I also can select uber XL and I will only receive XL rides only. Open the app and go to account upper right select your vehicle, there you can select XL only.
Only have 1 profile and can't change it, I signed in online on my PC, was able to add the Van again, but no option to make it XL. Don't know how u did it on your own..

·
Registered
191 Posts
If i remember In the beginning everyone was uberX and then we had XL and select added on a month or so after. I would go down to the office. Do you have a total of 7 seat belts in your van.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If i remember In the beginning everyone was uberX and then we had XL and select added on a month or so after. I would go down to the office. Do you have a total of 7 seat belts in your van.
Yes I do have 7, I signed up the Friday before EDC so after those had been added.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts