Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the 3rd time an order was cancelled due to the restaurant not having the item the customer ordered. Every time I call support they tell me I will get paid and it won’t count against me. I never wind up getting paid and it always counts against me. Shady ****in company. Anyone know how to handle these situations correctly?

· Premium Member
87 Posts
I had my first cancellation a few days ago because the item was damaged when I arrived at the customer's location. She said she was gonna cancel it on her end, I cancelled on mine as well. For some reason I still got paid the full amount...

· Registered
360 Posts
I have always called the 1-800 and they tell me I will get $5.00 and I have always gotten it. Are you getting to the location and then finding out the order was cancelled ? If so, before you cancel the trip, call them and tell them you want to be compensated for your time since you drove there and was expecting a pickup and have nothing to show for it. Wasted your time. That has always worked for me. Let Uber cancel it on their end and it will not show up on your phone as a cancel.

· Premium Member
448 Posts
This is the 3rd time an order was cancelled due to the restaurant not having the item the customer ordered. Every time I call support they tell me I will get paid and it won't count against me. I never wind up getting paid and it always counts against me. Shady &%[email protected]!*in company. Anyone know how to handle these situations correctly?
if 1800 support guys cancelled the order, it just disappears from your app and the app is back into accepting requests mode. So yeah it doesn't count against the driver. Second, you can go into trip history and look for a trip which would say Rider Cancelled 0.00, select that trip and go into details of that trip and shoot them an email asking for long wait/cancellation. I sometimes get paid $5 for long wait and $3 for cancellation in total $8 but most of the time its $5.

· Premium Member
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did call support and that ****er told me to cancel it on my end. Said it wouldn’t count against me and I would get paid. Never ends with the ****ers. I’ll remember to have them cancel it next time.

· Premium Member
448 Posts
If you have them do it then you won't get paid. That's what they told me.
I don't have time to call support everytime so I just go ahead and cancel with "unable to find receipient" and move on.
i think you are confusing the OPs initial question about cancelling an order by calling 1800 PRIOR to "Starting the delivery". I call and cancel orders if they are taking too long or if some items aren't available or if the restaurant by any chance is closed. For these order, if you are just going to cancel the order on your side of the app, it would send the request to another driver and he she would have to go thru the same debacle that you just went thru so i call support, they cancel the order and it disappears from my phone and i am back to the home screen on my uber app. Regarding the no-show customer, it's easy, when the 5 minutes clock runs out you can end the trip as a no-show and you'll get paid for the trip and it shows just like any completed trips.

· Registered
516 Posts
i think you are confusing the OPs initial question about cancelling an order by calling 1800 PRIOR to "Starting the delivery". I call and cancel orders if they are taking too long or if some items aren't available or if the restaurant by any chance is closed. For these order, if you are just going to cancel the order on your side of the app, it would send the request to another driver and he she would have to go thru the same debacle that you just went thru so i call support, they cancel the order and it disappears from my phone and i am back to the home screen on my uber app. Regarding the no-show customer, it's easy, when the 5 minutes clock runs out you can end the trip as a no-show and you'll get paid for the trip and it shows just like any completed trips.
We're talking about Uber Eats not People. To cancel a order before you start a trip, you just hit the "X" under pickup options and give a reason why you are cancelling. They count against you.

· Premium Member
277 Posts
From my experience, if the order is cancelled before the pickup, you don't get paid, if it's cancelled after the pickup, you do get paid
Yep, be sure to at least hit the 'pickup one order' on the app when a restaurant tells you the customer called to cancel, although sometimes I think they just say this when actually they don't have the item ordered. Cancelling on the app before hitting the pickup button is not something you want to do as it looks like you just decided not to do it. I have always called support after hitting the pickup button and burned 20 minutes to an hour (yes an hour) trying to get them to understand what I'm saying when the restaurant tells me they don't have it and apparently it isn't the customer's fault. I haven't tried the strategy of hitting the accept order check and start run box and then hitting 'can't find recipient' when I haven't actually been handed any food.

· Premium Member
938 Posts
A few positive things about UE support in my experience:

1. They answer the call immediately, no significant hold time without exception.
2. English is good to great.
3. They always give me what I want.

Call them up with any exception, and you will probably get paid and get the outcome you want. Just be nice and tell them what you want, and you will probably get it, if not, call back and talk to the next guy. Uber support is really good, IMO. If the order is not ready always click on that button, if it ain't ready after 5 minutes call them up and you will get $5 if you ask nicely. That's in addition to waiting for the order and being paid business as usual. I probably make an extra $100 a month by simply calling them up and asking for things nicely.

· Premium Member
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok so similar situation today. I get to the pickup and they are closed for thanksgiving. I call support and they tell me the same BS. So I tell him he’ll no someone told me the same shit yesterday and I didn’t get paid plus it counted against me. So I stayed on the line with him and had him cancel it and I got paid. I actually got paid for the entire trip ($8) instead of just $5.

· Premium Member
938 Posts
Ok so similar situation today. I get to the pickup and they are closed for thanksgiving. I call support and they tell me the same BS. So I tell him he'll no someone told me the same shit yesterday and I didn't get paid plus it counted against me. So I stayed on the line with him and had him cancel it and I got paid. I actually got paid for the entire trip ($8) instead of just $5.
That's a win. I called them about a delivery that was technically over 10 miles due to construction, and they gave me $5 just to shut me up LOL, the whole call was probably under 4 minutes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.