Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped off at ONT this morning. I didnt want to be in the queue so once i was off the property I went offline.. Drove down to Haven and went back online and was put back into the queue so I went back offline..
Drove up to 4th, went online, and went back into the queue so i went back offline.
Drove up to 6th, went online, and went back into the queue, so I went back offiline.
It wasnt until i was a little past 6th that I was able to go back online and NOT be in the queue ..

So the question of the day is HOW do you take yourself OUT of the queue if you dont want to be in it?

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts
Even though you're in the queue you can still get outside requests. I think they expand it when there aren't enough people in the cell phone lot. I think they expand it to increase the number of available cars, since otherwise there is more surge potential if they limit the number of drivers to those in the tiny box.

·
Premium Member
5,889 Posts
That must be something new. I was in the Doubletree parking lot, much closer to the airport than you, and wasn't placed in the que.

I doubt anyone has picked up at ONT yet. I was there on Sunday evening and the que barely moved even though guys were leaving the lot left and right.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I did a couple Lyft pickups late Sunday night. only lyft works in cell phone lot. Uber works across from airport holt vineyard& guasti road were the hotels are I haven't got request but I know some drivers have.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did you get a lot of requests as Lyft from the ONT airport? And do I need a sticker to pick up at airports? Sorry I'm new to Uber and I just stared with Lyft yesterday

·
Premium Member
5,889 Posts
Did you get a lot of requests as Lyft from the ONT airport? And do I need a sticker to pick up at airports? Sorry I'm new to Uber and I just stared with Lyft yesterday
Yes, you do need airport credentials. But the test to get the placard isn't hard. It isnt the best idea to start at Ontario airport though. You'd be better off starting at LAX during PT if you want to make any money for your trouble.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have got like 2 rides with lyft but
I have only gone about four times at night it's slow hopefully picks up. got one with uber last night across airport . You need stickers but no credentials like Lax

·
Premium Member
10,844 Posts
At JWA with Lyft, if/when you go outside the que boundry a 5 minute timer pops up and you have 5 minutes to get back in if you want to stay in the que. Maybe that is what's going on but they haven't added the timer for the IE yet.

ONT, dunno.

I had a weird thing happened at JWA saturday, there was 9 ahead of me , get the ping and had to double checked, yep terminal C col 11. Cause I thought it was an outside ping. It happens at JWA. However the riders told me that they accidently canceled on the other driver and re-re quested. I don't get it unless I happened to be closer. That explains why the canceled driver was waving at me to pull forward cause I couldn't see around the black driver.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You will need your trade dress for ONT but they don't require any other credentials for picking up or dropping off at ONT. Don't know about any other airports besides LAX which I know requires an airport permit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts