Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met an UBER driver with her app on, waiting for a "ping". She was leaning up against her car, smoking! I thought to myself, if I was a rider and I got into her car and smelled cigarette smoke, I would get out! I put this past another friend/driver and he said he would do the same thing! My question is this: How do you smokers maintain a high star rating??? I really want to know cause in my universe, that would never be! ???

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I smoke occasionally, yes. But mostly when I'm drinking or waiting for the 2am surge to get where I want.:cool:

As long as you're not breathing the smoke...it shouldn't matter. Now, if they smoke in their car, that's understandable. I have taken rides where you could tell that the driver just finished a cigarette...that's gross.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I smoke occasionally, yes. But mostly when I'm drinking or waiting for the 2am surge to get where I want.:cool:

As long as you're not breathing the smoke...it shouldn't matter. Now, if they smoke in their car, that's understandable. I have taken rides where you could tell that the driver just finished a cigarette...that's gross.
Agreed!

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
I met an UBER driver with her app on, waiting for a "ping". She was leaning up against her car, smoking! I thought to myself, if I was a rider and I got into her car and smelled cigarette smoke, I would get out! I put this past another friend/driver and he said he would do the same thing! My question is this: How do you smokers maintain a high star rating??? I really want to know cause in my universe, that would never be! ???
at .85 cent a mile what do you want and what do you think you deserve.I tell tell you what the pax deserve a car that was piece together at a junk yard

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like to wait for the surge that the only way to do it what the per mile rate in you city
We used to have "gravy" but now its down to $1.45p/m! From what I've been reading, most drivers would kill for that! As for me, if it drops any lower, I'm out. At that point I'm LOSING money.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
^^^
What about passengers that get in and have been smoking and leave that telltale odor behind that is so objectionable to your refined sensibilities?
Why don't you get your little tapping fingers going on and text Uber about having some vehicles that refuse smokers, period!
That of course would require the driver to "sniff down" the potential pax (both breath and body) and refuse them even if they were passively in a location where there was smoking going on.... and then refuse to transport on that basis.
Sound like a good idea to you?
Good, you're nominated.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts