Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hear a lot of talk about bases and have seen base certificates at uber...what exactly is a base? How do you apply to be a base? And if I bought my own car and wanted tlc plates, how do I apply for that? I've been looking all over tlc website and can't find much

·
Registered
847 Posts
To become a base in NYC you must have experience operating a base. Its pretty much a catch-22 on owning and starting a base. There is a lot of information about his on the TLC website. You must have a minimum of 10 vehicle affiliated, you must have the work for all of your vehicles, you must have dispatchers available and a location for all hours of operation. It will cost almost $2000 in non-refundable application fees. And it will cost more for training and mandatory classes for your staff.

Good Luck

·
Registered
24 Posts
To become a base in NYC you must have experience operating a base. Its pretty much a catch-22 on owning and starting a base. There is a lot of information about his on the TLC website. You must have a minimum of 10 vehicle affiliated, you must have the work for all of your vehicles, you must have dispatchers available and a location for all hours of operation. It will cost almost $2000 in non-refundable application fees. And it will cost more for training and mandatory classes for your staff.

Good Luck
I've seen a few community car bases have one base license but multiple "affiliated" company names. For example, the TLC base number is under Company A name, but Company B is also operating under Company A tlc base license using Company B registration and plates. How is this possible?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.