Which do you prefer, lyft or Uber?

• It depends on whether it's a car pool

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do the "new" UBER Surge and lyft Prime Time systems work now? Are they simply minimum pay guarantees for a given trip? Is the new Surge different from the new Prime Time? It seems that the minimum guarantee concept as "surge" was originally exploited by lyft and now UBER is copying it.

I appreciate your input and clarification.

·
Banned
9,183 Posts
I have enough problems driving on just one platform(Uber), why would I want to increase this?

Reactions: Yomann

·
Premium Member
4,802 Posts
I generally prefer Uber’s social media team because they’re mostly more obvious, albeit more puerile, than Lyft’s. But we do miss some of the old IDs, Uber “fresh baked cookies” Karen was our favorite influence-and-educator.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Just like I tell every third PAX who ask.. I greatly prefer the company providing me the greatest subsidy on the driver’s side of the transaction for that specific ride exclusively . My preference lasts until the end of that ride at best.

Reactions: Yomann

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The topic on this was new surge or prime time. When we lose the multiplier, I stop driving.
We lose the multiplier when the new app kicks in?

Just like I tell every third PAX who ask.. I greatly prefer the company providing me the greatest subsidy on the driver's side of the transaction for that specific ride exclusively . My preference lasts until the end of that ride at best.
...as long as the pax behaves and doesn't mess up your vehicle

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
If every pax behaved and had consideration to not mess up my vehicle. Then my frustrations with rates , traffic, and expenses would be considerably less. Nothing makes this job harder than pax and their bs they bring in with them (items and energy). I know,i know it comes with the territory. smh.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
If every pax behaved and had consideration to not mess up my vehicle. Then my frustrations with rates , traffic, and expenses would be considerably less. Nothing makes this job harder than pax and their bs they bring in with them (items and energy). I know,i know it comes with the territory. smh.
Do fewer rides and reduce the odds of getting a bad actor. Avoid bar close. Don't accept 5.0 pax.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
We lose the multiplier when the new app kicks in?

I'm a very nice dude, contrary to what many postings here might lead someone to infer. That said I have a sypremely low tolerance for bullshit and bad behavior in my backseat. I can count on one hand the number of times I've had to regulate in the years and thousands of rides since I started doing this.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm a very nice dude, contrary to what many postings here might lead someone to infer. That said I have a sypremely low tolerance for bullshit and bad behavior in my backseat. I can count on one hand the number of times I've had to regulate in the years and thousands of rides since I started doing this.
I learned the hard and naïve way until I realized pax can be abusive and inconsiderate

1 - 15 of 15 Posts