Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped a passenger off last night and right before I was about to drive away she came back and said she tried to leave a tip on the app, but that her screen said I was not set up to receive tips - she showed me her phone and that's exactly what it said.

Apparently I have to "opt in" to receive tips? I searched everywhere on the app and online and do not see anyplace where I can do this. Does anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks!

· Registered
15,008 Posts
I dropped a passenger off last night and right before I was about to drive away she came back and said she tried to leave a tip on the app, but that her screen said I was not set up to receive tips - she showed me her phone and that's exactly what it said.

Apparently I have to "opt in" to receive tips? I searched everywhere on the app and online and do not see anyplace where I can do this. Does anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks!
Maybe she's from a different city and it hasn't been rolled out in yours yet

· Registered
8 Posts
Just because you are not receiving tips doesnt mean you're not opted in.
Yes, glass half full/half empty. Sure that is possible.

How do you know that though?

What I'm asking is how do you find out you're opted-in? That's a great way of thinking don't get me wrong but does anyone know if there is a way to find out? Again, I've already contacted Uber but too many failed attempts at answering my question seem to be negatively affecting a solution.

· Registered
15,008 Posts
Yes, glass half full/half empty. Sure that is possible.

How do you know that though?

What I'm asking is how do you find out you're opted-in? That's a great way of thinking don't get me wrong but does anyone know if there is a way to find out? Again, I've already contacted Uber but too many failed attempts at answering my question seem to be negatively affecting a solution.
Well the answer to your question is I don't know.
We've all been through it only once.
When it was rolled out in our area we had to opt in.
My guess is this is because it was a new feature

If you're a new driver, in going to guess there is no opting in. You simply can receive tips like anyone else

· Registered
8 Posts
Well, at least you don't have the ballsy answers I got from some really ballsy and arrogant people like, "you most be living under a rock not to know" or "Just update your app" which i have done.

I know Orlando already got tipping available I just can't get anyone including Uber to tell me if I've opted in. Their customer service is lousy and non-existent. They don't have enough guts to keep their "human" customer service alive anymore. Their site doesn't have any information on tipping for the rider accept how to opt-in when you get that little message. What if you didn't. Uggh. This is becoming a real chore.

I can't find the office in Orlando as someone gave me a link but it just goes to a screen that tells me nothing. I don't have as much of a tough time with Lyft. I am a driver for both. Lyft pays out better but not nearly as many pings as Uber. I wait a long time to get a Lyft call.

· Registered
15,008 Posts
Well, at least you don't have the ballsy answers I got from some really ballsy and arrogant people like, "you most be living under a rock not to know" or "Just update your app" which i have done.

I know Orlando already got tipping available I just can't get anyone including Uber to tell me if I've opted in. Their customer service is lousy and non-existent. They don't have enough guts to keep their "human" customer service alive anymore. Their site doesn't have any information on tipping for the rider accept how to opt-in when you get that little message. What if you didn't. Uggh. This is becoming a real chore.

I can't find the office in Orlando as someone gave me a link but it just goes to a screen that tells me nothing. I don't have as much of a tough time with Lyft. I am a driver for both. Lyft pays out better but not nearly as many pings as Uber. I wait a long time to get a Lyft call.
Might be time for the "if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself."

Have a friend request a ride from you and find out that way. Do a minimum fare. Should be worth $5 for you to get your answer.
Just make sure the friend that requests the ride isn't in your contacts.

· Registered
8 Posts
Might be time for the "if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself."

Have a friend request a ride from you and find out that way. Do a minimum fare. Should be worth $5 for you to get your answer.
Just make sure the friend that requests the ride isn't in your contacts.
Yes, I guess I could do that. Maybe the right circumstances will work for that. I could just ask my wife. Then the money stays in our account.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.