Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Signed up to drive for Premier. Received a ping that clearly stated "Premier" on the acceptance screen.
When I accepted I could see no sign that it was a Premier ride. I even went to Waybill and did not see a word "Premier" there.

Is this normal? Can anyone share how the screen should look if it is indeed a Premier ride?

·
Registered
460 Posts
When I receive a Lyft Plus ride, it's a bluish circle rather than the standard Pink circle for the countdown.... thats how I know...
Not sure if premiere is different

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I receive a Lyft Plus ride, it's a bluish circle rather than the standard Pink circle for the countdown.... thats how I know...
Not sure if premiere is different
I saw on the Plus request it states Plus and when I accept I could see Lyft Plus in the upper left corner.

On "supposedly" Premier ride it stated Premier on the Acceptance Circle but once I accepted it did not say Premier anywhere even on a Waybill.

Looking for comments from people who take Lyft Premier requests regularly.

·
Premium Member
11,623 Posts
Not sure how it shows on the app, other than what others have said -- but it shows clearly on your driving history. It should also be readily apparent from the fare at the end of the ride. It's double the normal fare.

I recognize the type of Lyft ride by the "cancellation lag."
  • Premium rides cancel immediately after my acceptance -- 100% of the time for the last 10 weeks. My guess is they meant to order Line, but messed it up.
  • Plus rides do NOT cancel. They are good. They meant to order Plus, and they know what they are doing. Lyft Plus is wonderful.
  • Regular Lyft rides cancel 60+% of the time -- usually within a minute. I don't know why, but I think it's just because it's Lyft.
  • Lyft Line rides cancel about 30% of the time. I suspect that's because they're not ready, you're going to be there too quick...and they've made that mistake previously. I wish it was 90%, but it doesn't work out that way for me.
  • I cancel Lyft Line rides about 50% of the time for No-Show because they are not ready in 2 minutes after arrival. They immediately re-request within 10 seconds 100% of the time. Too bad, so sad.
  • But my favorite Lyft cancellations are the Line requests with 14 minute ETAs who cancel about 5 minutes after requesting.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Not sure how it shows on the app, other than what others have said -- but it shows clearly on your driving history. It should also be readily apparent from the fare at the end of the ride. It's double the normal fare.

I recognize the type of Lyft ride by the "cancellation lag."
  • Premium rides cancel immediately after my acceptance -- 100% of the time for the last 10 weeks. My guess is they meant to order Line, but messed it up.
  • Plus rides do NOT cancel. They are good. They meant to order Plus, and they know what they are doing. Lyft Plus is wonderful.
  • Regular Lyft rides cancel 60+% of the time -- usually within a minute. I don't know why, but I think it's just because it's Lyft.
  • Lyft Line rides cancel about 30% of the time. I suspect that's because they're not ready, you're going to be there too quick...and they've made that mistake previously. I wish it was 90%, but it doesn't work out that way for me.
  • I cancel Lyft Line rides about 50% of the time for No-Show because they are not ready in 2 minutes after arrival. They immediately re-request within 10 seconds 100% of the time. Too bad, so sad.
  • But my favorite Lyft cancellations are the Line requests with 14 minute ETAs who cancel about 5 minutes after requesting.
Easy.

Surge volatility.

Lyft has a lot of tiny short spikes that never hit the map, most <10min cancellers are trying to game it.

Thing is, if theyre densely clustered together, that IS what drives the PT up.

Take repeat canceller pings if your rating can take it --- theyre usually surged.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I also had a Premier yesterday. It stated Premier when it pinged and nothing at the end of the ride. I could tell it was paid correctly because the amount posted

1 - 8 of 8 Posts