Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This looks serious. My info is that a vaccine is still 12 months away.
Where is this going to go? Italy Lombardy region of 16MILL people is in lockdown with the Army on the streets.
How can we maintain our income and pay bills? I only have 6 weeks savings in the bank. Let's look at this seriously!

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
You carnt need to win lotto, it will only get worse they should of stopped all flights into the country, but our government is to stupid, like many countries we wait till it gets here and now it's here it's only going to get worse, Uber driving while this is around is not a good thing , I had an Asian man the other day make a booking and when I got to the pick up point, I asked where he was going he said my parents are going home to China, I asked how long had they been here and he said a week. Straight away red flag I told him to get another Uber I don't care what people say I take no chances, your health is your number one priority. Good luck

·
Premium Member
Holden Craptiva & Hyundai i30
1,591 Posts
I still see way too many old people around. Hogging the papers at my local Cafe., sitting on multimillion dollar properties. Voting for parties that pander to them with aged pension increases and the like. My only concern is that they'll clog the hospital system before they finally depart.

What will taxis do when their primary customer base gets coronaed?

Reactions: yogi bear

·
Registered
67 Posts
Rideshare may well become busier in the coming weeks/months, would you prefer to ride alone in a car or on a Bus/Train in close contact with others ?

Also, Oil price is currently crashing which means cheaper fuel

If you handle people's luggage, then disinfect your hands immediately. Every driver should have hand sanitizer in their vehicle even prior to this panic buying.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Where is this going to go? Italy Lombardy region of 16MILL people is in lockdown with the Army on the streets.
How can we maintain our income and pay bills? I only have 6 weeks savings in the bank. Let's look at this seriously!
try to find another job after back up.

·
Premium Member
Holden Craptiva & Hyundai i30
1,591 Posts
Topgun that was my first car, 1979 model. Reliable (except for rust) as a Toyota should be but pretty much a handling disaster with fishtailing rwd. Ah the memories.

Reactions: UberTopGun

·
Premium Member
2020 Tesla Model 3 SR+
957 Posts
Research 'high risk groups for HIV' and 'PrEP' and tell your doctor that you meet one or two of those criteria.

He'll give you a 3-month prescription for Truvada (emtricitabine/tenofovir disoproxil fumarate) and presumably also an STD test. Truvada is an anti-viral medication that's intended to prevent (or treat) HIV infection, but it apparently works for other viruses too. *cough*

First, before you take the prescription to the chemist, take a photo of it (trust me)

Then go to the chemist and get your first month (about $40)

Then send the photo along with an order to one of the PrEP Access Now endorsed suppliers in India or Singapore (www.pan.org.au) and get a three month supply (about $60) mail ordered to you.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
With the likelihood to be lambasted/lampooned, again, or called dishonest, again, the key to protecting your business income is diversity.

Have the capability to earn money from as many different driving transport sources as possible. This is how I structured my business from the very get go when I worked out Uber are a pack of Khuntz and i couldn't rely on them.

So in addition to Uber/Ola/DiDi I have my existing private clients, offloads work from driving groups and other drivers, 3rd party booking agents, my website with a Facebook presence plus acquiring new clients whilst driving.

You need to get skin in the game and grow and protect your investment, thinking you can rock up in your family car and have certainty to work is fanciful considering instant deactivation can be just one mentally unstable passenger away !

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
With the likelihood to be lambasted/lampooned, again, or called dishonest, again, the key to protecting your business income is diversity.

Have the capability to earn money from as many different driving transport sources as possible. This is how I structured my business from the very get go when I worked out Uber are a pack of Khuntz and i couldn't rely on them.

So in addition to Uber/Ola/DiDi I have my existing private clients, offloads work from driving groups and other drivers, 3rd party booking agents, my website with a Facebook presence plus acquiring new clients whilst driving.

You need to get skin in the game and grow and protect your investment, thinking you can rock up in your family car and have certainty to work is fanciful considering instant deactivation can be just one mentally unstable passenger away !
Well said. Respect.

Good to see a post where you have:

* Outlined your business strategy in a little more detail
* Been highly critical of FUber, but stating rational reasoning for doing so.
* Not putting down the majority of drivers on this forum. Rather, outlining why you chose not to earn income in the same manner as most forum members in a relatively positive manner.

Its also refreshing that you do not mention your financials. After all, if only a portion of your income comes from rideshare, its an "apples with oranges" scenario.

(Apologies in advance if my reply is interpreted as condescending. Thats not my intention.)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.