Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It is in the best interest for drivers to earn more money and for passengers to pay less. A profit sharing program, where drivers can recruit other drivers is the key since they earn a commission from their downline. If drivers have recruits that offer a second stream of income, then passengers can pay less per individual ride. This is the innovation that we need.

I drive with Uber to pay bills and realize that it's a flawed system. Drivers work longer hours to meet incentives, but the incentives come from investors. How long can that last?

What do you think of an innovative alternative to Uber and Lyft? Drivers only have a $15 membership fee, for sure it's not some kind of pyramid.

Take a look at the attached pdf and comment at your convenience.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a rideshare pyramid scheme. We all know how that would end up.
That is the first thought people would have, but the driver only has one expense which is a $15 membership/ background check fee. Other than that there is no other cost to participate as a driver and they have an income potential that is unlimited.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
That is the first thought people would have, but the driver only has one expense which is a $15 membership/ background check fee. Other than that there is no other cost to participate as a driver and they have an income potential that is unlimited.
How many millions of dollars do you have for marketing or is the plan to get 3000 drivers to pay $15 each before they realize no one is using the app and give up on it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
How many millions of dollars do you have for marketing or is the plan to get 3000 drivers to pay $15 each before they realize no one is using the app and give up on it?
Everything has a day one!

If you are a driver, then you should appreciate this innovation. For passengers, who are price conscious, yet not loyal to a provider, it's the same service that others offer. Lower fares may create a shortfall in the primary income, relative to existing providers, but the commissions have unlimited earning potential.

Aren't passengers happier when they can pay less for the same service, especially nowadays since money in the pocket seems to be more precious?

Drivers can work with diminishing required hours to receive commissions, retire from the platform with a high residual income, and can always continue to add to their income by recruiting more people even after they retire from the platform.

Every driver wishes that they could make more money and as I see it, I am earning less now as a driver than I was a year ago and I would like to be financially independent.

What about you? Wouldn't you encourage people to use a service with which you have a vested interest?

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Everything has a day one!

If you are a driver, then you should appreciate this innovation. For passengers, who are price conscious, yet not loyal to a provider, it's the same service that others offer. Lower fares may create a shortfall in the primary income, relative to existing providers, but the commissions have unlimited earning potential.

Aren't passengers happier when they can pay less for the same service, especially nowadays since money in the pocket seems to be more precious?

Drivers can work with diminishing required hours to receive commissions, retire from the platform with a high residual income, and can always continue to add to their income by recruiting more people even after they retire from the platform.

Every driver wishes that they could make more money and as I see it, I am earning less now as a driver than I was a year ago and I would like to be financially independent.

What about you? Wouldn't you encourage people to use a service with which you have a vested interest?
I see you avoided providing an actual marketing plan and budget. Every word you are saying is exactly how the other pyramid schemes sell their snake oil. Its a terrible approach to trying to compete with U/L. If you had confidence that your platform could make drivers earn more than U/L, which in turn made you profit, you wouldnt need drivers to pay upfront.

Uber spends 100s of millions a year in marketing and has the advantage of people being able to use it in not only all 50 states but across the world. You expect to just have market share fall in your lap?

Ride Austin was only succesful becaude Uber and Lyft were driven out of Austin TX. As soon as they returned, Ride Austin, even though they had 100% of the market share and basically exclusive Rideshare market, they are all but bankrupt now.

Juno in NYC had 350 million to work with, they didn't make much of a dent before they sold out and left drivers hanging.

Good luck, the market is locked down right now and an additional option that smells like a Ponsi scheme aint gonna take out market share from U/L

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I see you avoided providing an actual marketing plan and budget. Every word you are saying is exactly how the other pyramid schemes sell their snake oil. Its a terrible approach to trying to compete with U/L. If you had confidence that your platform could make drivers earn more than U/L, which in turn made you profit, you wouldnt need drivers to pay upfront.

Uber spends 100s of millions a year in marketing and has the advantage of people being able to use it in not only all 50 states but across the world. You expect to just have market share fall in your lap?

Ride Austin was only succesful becaude Uber and Lyft were driven out of Austin TX. As soon as they returned, Ride Austin, even though they had 100% of the market share and basically exclusive Rideshare market, they are all but bankrupt now.

Juno in NYC had 350 million to work with, they didn't make much of a dent before they sold out and left drivers hanging.

Good luck, the market is locked down right now and an additional option that smells like a Ponsi scheme aint gonna take out market share from U/L
There will always be the existence of an innovation to a service or product.

This is a Ponzi Scheme: a form of fraud in which belief in the success of a nonexistent enterprise is fostered by the payment of quick returns to the first investors from money invested by later investors.

The company does not receive any portion of the $15 nor does any driver, it is paid to a third party. For membership, because it is member based, this is a one-time fee which is for a background check.

I appreciate your thoughts on this. Remember, this is a service with no connection to the purchase of products or exorbitant membership fee of which is shared with a recruiting member. Neither Pyramid nor Ponzi Scheme, be rest assured.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
There will always be the existence of an innovation to a service or product.

This is a Ponzi Scheme: a form of fraud in which belief in the success of a nonexistent enterprise is fostered by the payment of quick returns to the first investors from money invested by later investors.

The company does not receive any portion of the $15 nor does any driver, it is paid to a third party. For membership, because it is member based, this is a one-time fee which is for a background check.

I appreciate your thoughts on this. Remember, this is a service with no connection to the purchase of products or exorbitant membership fee of which is shared with a recruiting member. Neither Pyramid nor Ponzi Scheme, be rest assured.
And you dont trust that your network will be profitable enough to cover a $15 background check like Uber and Lyft does?

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
It is in the best interest for drivers to earn more money and for passengers to pay less. A profit sharing program, where drivers can recruit other drivers is the key since they earn a commission from their downline. If drivers have recruits that offer a second stream of income, then passengers can pay less per individual ride. This is the innovation that we need.

I drive with Uber to pay bills and realize that it's a flawed system. Drivers work longer hours to meet incentives, but the incentives come from investors. How long can that last?

What do you think of an innovative alternative to Uber and Lyft? Drivers only have a $15 membership fee, for sure it's not some kind of pyramid.

Take a look at the attached pdf and comment at your convenience.
not gonna happen, it takes too much $$$ to start a rideshare operation,and besides,Uber has NEVER turned a profit,jmo

·
Registered
5,663 Posts

Uber and lyft are squeezing players out because they are bleeding billions. Once the investor backing stops the competition will come out the woodwork. However the suggested platform is a definite pyramid scheme.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Uber and lyft are squeezing players out because they are bleeding billions. Once the investor backing stops the competition will come out the woodwork. However the suggested platform is a definite pyramid scheme.
Here is the definition that can help you:
pyr·a·mid scheme
Dictionary result for pyramid scheme
noun
  1. a form of investment (illegal in the US and elsewhere) in which each paying participant recruits two further participants, with returns being given to early participants using money contributed by later ones.
In this new business, the drivers are providing a service similar to Uber and since this is a membership driven service, they have a one-time membership fee of $15. This is applied to a background check for which neither the company nor the driver who recruited the new driver will see.

Drivers who have a downline of recruits only earn commissions from the activity of the those recruited going down 4 levels. Each level pays a different percentage ultimately adding up to 10% and don't keep in mind that the driver earns 80% per ride too. Only 10% goes directly to the company.

Top 3 companies in 2019 with a similar structure indicating revenue and year founded:
3Herbalife $4.50 billion USA 1980
2Avon $5.70 billion USA 1886
1Amway $8.80 billion USA 1959

Such companies have products that must be purchased relative to this innovation which requires no purchases.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts