Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The attached PDF file is part of the materials that Barbara Ann Berwick provides in her "Ridesharing School" to teach other Uber drivers how to be classified as an employee in California by the Employment Development Department or the Division Of Industrial Relations. Such a classification can result in expense reimbursement, workers compensation for injuries, wages, overtime, etc.

Barbara filed claims for wages, expenses and later for unemployment pay. California uses 21 factors in determining whether a worker is an independent contractor or an employee.mileage expenses, wages, unemployment. Barbara crafted her answers to show how Uber controlled each aspect of her work in a manner that both the EDD and DIR found to be an employee relationship.

In her classes Barbara expands her answers and explanations on many of the points outlined in this document. Barbara submitted this in her hearing and also verbally responded to each question posed. Her unemployment benefits were separately determined during a telephone call from the EDD in which these 21 questions were asked again. Other driver(s) have had successful unemployment benefits claims. This document is provided with the consent of Barbara and her attorney.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Uber controlled each aspect of her work in a manner that both the EDD and DIR found to be an employee relationship.
Sounds about right. GG Cali

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Nice. Now I can collect unemployment when I'm done working for uber and she did all the work for me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Has she been paid?
Last I heard, she won, but had not been paid as uber is appealing the decision. Things like this could go on for years

1 - 4 of 4 Posts