Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lemme guess: 20% shrinkage??

How low will you go before learning to keep your app off during rush hour until you get surge on EVERY single ride?

You wake up early to transport people to work during the busiest, most dangerous time of day to drive.

You deserve to get paid more for EVERY RIDE you give, not hope to get a pittance after every three.

No surge? No rides.

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
What surge are you talking about? A measly $5 added to the fare? Maybe a $7 if you're lucky? If we were talking about old school multiplier surge, then it would make sense but this new dollar surge isn't even worth chasing anymore. Surge is dead. Gone.

"The no surge, no rides" mo is a losing proposition.

·
Banned
9,183 Posts
Lemme guess: 20% shrinkage??

How low will you go before learning to keep your app off during rush hour until you get surge on EVERY single ride?

You wake up early to transport people to work during the busiest, most dangerous time of day to drive.

You deserve to get paid more for EVERY RIDE you give, not hope to get a pittance after every three.

No surge? No rides.
Why didn't you post your gross earnings from last year, last week? Was wanting to see how you did, with this approach. C'mon, show how it's done or if you are opposed to this PM me your results - promise I won't share them.

AM is NOT the most dangerous time to drive - everyone is headed in the same direction - flow of traffic is smooth despite the volume, nobody is DUI, visibility is great, most pax have coffee with them so your car smells lovely. At least post facts, eh ;)

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
Why didn't you post your gross earnings from last year, last week? Was wanting to see how you did, with this approach. C'mon, show how it's done or if you are opposed to this PM me your results - promise I won't share them.

AM is NOT the most dangerous time to drive - everyone is headed in the same direction - flow of traffic is smooth despite the volume, nobody is DUI, visibility is great, most pax have coffee with them so your car smells lovely. At least post facts, eh ;)
Leave it to seymour, to put a positive spin on all situations!
Why, do we need Uber, when we have seymour?

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
$10 for 5 in a row streak from lyft evening rush hour. No other bonuses, guarantees, etc. Looks like I may have to do Uber after all.

8,663 Posts

110 rides $1805
$168 cash

Few More hrs unfortunately. More sitting watching you tube.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
110 rides $1805
$168 cash

Few More hrs unfortunately. More sitting watching you tube.
Legend

Im guessing you had stressful morning.
Sucks.
Mine was perfect.
Wanna hear how easy?
Came out at 7:45. First ride I accepted was to SFO for $48.
No decent rematch so I gave two kibble rides on the way back, and finished with a nice Glen Park to Fi Di run.
$97 and was home by 9:30.
In 90 min or so I'll shoot downtown and do it again until I hit my number and I'll be done right around nine.

How'd you do?

Reactions: jenijazz

·
Banned
9,183 Posts
I usually have $50 by 7:45 or close to it.

I have a day off - wanted to spread the wealth around today. You are welcome!

Explain the $48 ride to airport please. Or just post the ride. If you post it, I will never stoop this low and ask you again.

You live downtown?

Reactions: Alan Tirado

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I usually have $50 by 7:45 or close to it.

I have a day off - wanted to spread the wealth around today. You are welcome!

Explain the $48 ride to airport please. Or just post the ride. If you post it, I will never stoop this low and ask you again.

You live downtown?
I live on the LES of SF and I'm usually waking up right about the same time you've already slaved for EB base rate for two hours.
Anyway Lyft PT pulses at certain times during morning rush hour especially when their steaks are about to end.
So I wait until the app serves me up the ride I want, which in this case was 75% PT, and took 35 min. $43 + $5 tip. Also started a steak which made the two shitrides on the way back to the city worth giving.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
I live on the LES of SF and I'm usually waking up right about the same time you've already slaved for EB base rate for two hours.
Anyway Lyft PT pulses at certain times during morning rush hour especially when their steaks are about to end.
So I wait until the app serves me up the ride I want, which in this case was 75% PT, and took 35 min. $43 + $5 tip. Also started a steak which made the two shitrides on the way back to the city worth giving.
LES meant Lower East Side of SF?

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LES meant Lower East Side of SF?
Yup.

yes, please inform me - where exactly is the LES of San Francisco? Dogpatch? China town?
Get a map and use your imagination.

My pop was a man of very few words.
He wasn't an educated man or particularly well spoken but knowing what I know now I can look back and say that he was considerably wise and great judge of character.
He told me something when I was a boy and the memory of that conversation still pops into my head every now and again close to forty years later.
He told me: 'Don't ever trust anyone who smiles all the time.'
I was puzzled. I looked up and asked: 'Why Pop, doesn't it mean they are just happy?'
He shook his head no: ' They're either stupid or they're up to sonething'.

Reactions: Leo.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
What surge are you talking about? A measly $5 added to the fare? Maybe a $7 if you're lucky? If we were talking about old school multiplier surge, then it would make sense but this new dollar surge isn't even worth chasing anymore. Surge is dead. Gone.

"The no surge, no rides" mo is a losing proposition.
Exactly. Dollar surge insulting.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts