Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Does anyone know how to access it from Chinatown?
From Chinatown head down kneeland towards south station. Once you cross over surface rd where a right turn takes you to 90w and 93s, take a right at the next light, (left puts you on Lincoln st) by the fenced in basketball courts. Go straight through next light and get in left lane for airport. Watch for white signs that direct you to HOV

·
Registered
323 Posts
From Chinatown head down kneeland towards south station. Once you cross over surface rd where a right turn takes you to 90w and 93s, take a right at the next light, (left puts you on Lincoln st) by the fenced in basketball courts. Go straight through next light and get in left lane for airport. Watch for white signs that direct you to HOV
I found this last week... little used from what i can tell

·
Premium Member
4,962 Posts
It's so annoying the the HOV 2+ access off of Albany Street, to Logan via the Ted Williams, has often enough been closed at night for years.

Pax expect to use it at 4:30 a.m. to Logan and get frustrated when it's closed. They likely reopen it by 5 a.m.

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
During rush hour, when 90E connector and Ted Williams gets really backed up, you can save a lot of time using this HOV+2 lane. I saved over 21 minutes one day exiting Pike at South Station and bypassing 90E connector logjam.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
I noticed that with the recent update to waze, it now directs me to the HOV lanes.

I had set it a while back to taxi mode. Not sure if that is why it sees HOV lanes now. Now I can’t find that setting so I didn’t not know if taxi mode is currently nnected to HOV lanes.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I noticed that with the recent update to waze, it now directs me to the HOV lanes.

I had set it a while back to taxi mode. Not sure if that is why it sees HOV lanes now. Now I can't find that setting so I didn't not know if taxi mode is currently nnected to HOV lanes.
Taxi mode also directs you, when taking the Storrow Drive exit from 93S, to act like you're headed towards North Station and at the last minute, cut in to the Storrow Drive West lanes at the last minute.

It's actually a nice feature.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Taxi mode also directs you, when taking the Storrow Drive exit from 93S, to act like you're headed towards North Station and at the last minute, cut in to the Storrow Drive West lanes at the last minute.

It's actually a nice feature.
Explains all those drivers cruising in the left lane who then get all confused last minute and stop dead in their tracks at that split. I've seen many a rideshare pax with eyes bugging out of their head and pale ghost white faces as cars whizz by and they're trapped in the middle at the divider because their driver is an idiot.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Explains all those drivers cruising in the left lane who then get all confused last minute and stop dead in their tracks at that split. I've seen many a rideshare pax with eyes bugging out of their head and pale ghost white faces as cars whizz by and they're trapped in the middle at the divider because their driver is an idiot.
Right lane, but yeah. I've seen taxis (and rideshare drivers too) do that without fail on purpose. It avoids sitting in a 3-10 minutes of traffic and some softie always lets them in. I give them the bird and ride the bumper of the car in front of me.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Right lane, but yeah. I've seen taxis (and rideshare drivers too) do that without fail on purpose. It avoids sitting in a 3-10 minutes of traffic and some softie always lets them in. I give them the bird and ride the bumper of the car in front of me.

Yes, cruising in the right lane then stopping dead on that little painted divider is what I meant. I love when it's a nice steady stream of cars entering storrow and no one let's them in.

·
Premium Member
4,745 Posts
If I'm empty I'll force my way in there no problem. If loaded, I'm a little less aggressive, but I'll still make it happen.

Easy enough to scare someone who likes their car into letting you in. Sitting and waiting for someone to be nice is for out of staters :D

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Or you can just take the north station exit and go through a light to get to storrow.
I do that all the time when coming from the airport and heading to Storrow. Being backed up in that tunnel can delay you 10+ minutes. I rarely cut there or anywhere, but when I do, I look for someone that is texting/talking/looking at their phone before jumping in front of them. In other words, a distracted driver.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.