Uber Drivers Forum banner

Houston Rules and Regs

1K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  Old Rocker 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Yes and I saw many picking up last night with only trade dress no sticker. But Uber knows who has the permit and license.

The SRF is just another part of Uber's cut. I'm pretty sure all the money goes in one pot so there's no reason to split it up other than to take a bigger share whilst pretending it doesn't affect the driver.

#8 · (Edited)
Fuzzyelvis said:
The SRF is just another part of Uber's cut.
It is my understanding that the SRF is charged to the rider & shows on the driver's app so the fare looks the same on both apps. Then Uber removes it as a deduction for our liability insurance.

The SRF is pax fee becomes our deduction for taxes.

#11 ·
It is my understanding that the SRF is charged to the rider & shows on the driver's app so the fare looks the same on both apps. Then Uber removes it as a deduction for insurance.

The SRF is pax fee that becomes our deduction.
There's an article in the Chron from last April about the city giving Uber an ultimatum about cracking down on non-permitted drivers or be shut down. Part of the agreement allows city officials access to Uber's local offices for compliance monitoring.

#9 · (Edited)
Fuzzyelvis said:
Uber knows who has the permit and license.
Houston does not which is why we have so many drivers without them.

<EDIT>Houston knows only the drivers who have permits. They do not have a list of all Houston drivers, specifically those running around w/o permits. Only Uber knows how many drivers there are in Houston.

#13 ·
Houston does not which is why we have so many drivers without them.
Uber and Houston know who has the permit. Houston does not know who DOES NOT.

But my original statement was that UBER knows. UBER is charging the SRF, not Houston.

So what Houston knows is irrelevant in this discussion.

On a related note however, since it was brought up, there is a story in the Chronicle September 27 where the author states 8000 permits have been issued.

I have a subscription. Will try to copy it from online but it's pretty long.

#12 ·
Fuzzyelvis "I've been trying to figure out what the SRF really is . . ."
SRF = Safe Rider Fee It is charged to each pax. Instead of Uber taking it out and pocketing the fee, Uber shows it on our fare total. Then they "deduct" something we never earned as "expenses." At tax time all the safe rider fees become a deduction for us. As another poster explained it:
"New min is $5.95. Driver actual min is $4. So commission comes from the $4. Most understand that.
When you get done with a ride Uber shows on you driver app the pax fare with fees and SRF. So that you and pax look the same on pricing and no issues.

There was a forum post explaining how on the dashboard it says under statements 2014 Tax Statement. Next year will say 2015. You open that up to get your true income. Since 1099 will say something different
."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.