Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh goody.....

Copy/Pasted from the Houston Business Journal:

"Uber Technologies Inc. appears to be launching its new food delivery service, UberEats, in the Houston market.

The San Francisco-based transportation network company has a job listing on its website for a senior marketing manager for the new service. It also has job listings for operations managers for other cities around the country including Dallas, Phoenix, Atlanta and Miami.

The service currently exists in Los Angeles; Chicago; New York; Barcelona, Spain; and Toronto, according to its website.

users can get a steak teriyaki bowl or a bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado sandwich for lunch, each listed for around $10. The menu changes daily and for each day meals are delivered in 10 minutes or less, according to the website.

UberEats could launch as early as the fall, but the launch date isn't set in stone yet as it is dependent around when the company can hire a team, according to a spokesperson with Uber."

·
Registered
329 Posts
I sort of like the idea. It means not dealing with pax in the car at all. If they open up UberEats for tipping I'm all for it. Can't really see many drawbacks to this. I'm sure I'm missing something though! Lol

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at the pages for UberEats in Chicago and NYC. The delivery fee is only $3-4 regardless of order size and the website specifically says that there's no need to tip.

Reactions: Rosing1

·
Registered
74 Posts
I sort of like the idea. It means not dealing with pax in the car at all. If they open up UberEats for tipping I'm all for it. Can't really see many drawbacks to this. I'm sure I'm missing something though! Lol
Do they come out and get the food or does driver have to park and bring it to them? If they come and get it, seems ok. But major deal breaker if I have to park, get out of the car, go find them, etc. F* that mess.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The customer has to come to the car. That seems fine at a house or small business, but I don't want to imagine the delays at an apartment complex or large office building.

Reactions: Trey Smith

·
Registered
74 Posts
The customer has to come to the car. That seems fine at a house or small business, but I don't want to imagine the delays at an apartment complex or large office building.
True. And what about PICKING UP from the restaurant? Same q. Do u have to park and go inside? I could see this being a 30 minute venture for 3-4 bucks...after uber cut, 2-3 bucks? Lol. Pretty much already know I won't be participating in this nonsense ;)

·
Registered
329 Posts
But major deal breaker if I have to park, get out of the car, go find them, etc. F* that mess.
Forgot about that part, but now that the posts above confirm they come to us it doesn't seem so bad.

I signed up and got hired for Postmates recently. Went to the training, haven't even signed on the app to deliver. Not only do you have to get out the car and deliver right to the customers door but you also have to make sure their order is correct, take a pic of the receipt and submit it to Postmates (among a bunch of other bullsh*t)...and and if a customer decides they want groceries but don't want to leave their hous they can have you do it for them. All for Uber pay or less. No thanks.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Forgot about that part, but now that the posts above confirm they come to us it doesn't seem so bad.

I signed up and got hired for Postmates recently. Went to the training, haven't even signed on the app to deliver. Not only do you have to get out the car and deliver right to the customers door but you also have to make sure their order is correct, take a pic of the receipt and submit it to Postmates (among a bunch of other bullsh*t)...and and if a customer decides they want groceries but don't want to leave their hous they can have you do it for them. All for Uber pay or less. No thanks.
Lol, thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about signing up for Postmates, glad i didn't waste my time.

·
Registered
74 Posts

I looked into Favor...those idiots' app only works on iphone. That was all I needed to know. I'm guessing the pay is probably similar to Postmates since they offer essentially the same service. They told me they'd be in touch if/when they developed the app for android. Yeah, uh. I'm good. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I can hear the Lawsuits now.. "The driver put a roach in my food", " The food was under cooked", "The driver ate some of the food", "The driver took 15 min to get the food to me", "The food was cold", ...
OK I will stop. There is NO WAY I would deliver FOOD to someone. Too much liability. (Not to mention the measly fee charged.)

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Do they come out and get the food or does driver have to park and bring it to them? If they come and get it, seems ok. But major deal breaker if I have to park, get out of the car, go find them, etc. F* that mess.
You will be expected to serve them, and then clean up, and take all the trash with you ... LOL

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I looked into Favor...those idiots' app only works on iphone. That was all I needed to know. I'm guessing the pay is probably similar to Postmates since they offer essentially the same service. They told me they'd be in touch if/when they developed the app for android. Yeah, uh. I'm good. Thanks anyway.
I actually went to Favor orientation yesterday. you get paid like $1.00 something out of their 5 dollar delivery fee, plus a tip. You have to not only do food runs, but anything else the customer wants. You have to walk into a store, buy groceries, exactly what they want. Then you have to take a picture of the receipt and upload through the app.

Now if they have a food order, you have to call the restaurant or order it once you get there. Oh, but you are guaranteed $9 and hour.

Seems like a lot of work for literally a couple of dollars. (Delivery Fee is based on time of day, but at 2am their highest is like $2.50.) Plus a tip, Of course, if you are also working for Uber, you better keep your 2am free for that surge.

I saw Favor on Facebook, and their main ad shows Whataburger. Lets say the person tips you 20% - That is really hard to run that tip amount up at Whataburger.

Not to mention, you have to submit your schedule before midnight on Wednesdays for the following week and hope that they schedule you. There is no, sign on, sign off.

Needless to say, I did not sign on for a training session (which is 2 hours 1 on 1)

I do not think their vehicle requirements are that stringent though. You do not need a TNC license. So this could be good for someone who's vehicle can not meet the requirements for Uber, especially if you are already in the delivery service at a pizza place or somewhere. I am sure it is about the same amount, since my delivery fee when I order pizza is $2.50 and the pizza guy does not even get to keep that amount right?

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
I actually went to Favor orientation yesterday. you get paid like $1.00 something out of their 5 dollar delivery fee, plus a tip. You have to not only do food runs, but anything else the customer wants. You have to walk into a store, buy groceries, exactly what they want. Then you have to take a picture of the receipt and upload through the app.

Now if they have a food order, you have to call the restaurant or order it once you get there. Oh, but you are guaranteed $9 and hour.

Seems like a lot of work for literally a couple of dollars. (Delivery Fee is based on time of day, but at 2am their highest is like $2.50.) Plus a tip, Of course, if you are also working for Uber, you better keep your 2am free for that surge.

I saw Favor on Facebook, and their main ad shows Whataburger. Lets say the person tips you 20% - That is really hard to run that tip amount up at Whataburger.

Not to mention, you have to submit your schedule before midnight on Wednesdays for the following week and hope that they schedule you. There is no, sign on, sign off.

Needless to say, I did not sign on for a training session (which is 2 hours 1 on 1)

I do not think their vehicle requirements are that stringent though. You do not need a TNC license. So this could be good for someone who's vehicle can not meet the requirements for Uber, especially if you are already in the delivery service at a pizza place or somewhere. I am sure it is about the same amount, since my delivery fee when I order pizza is $2.50 and the pizza guy does not even get to keep that amount right?
No but the pizza guy is also getting paid per hour and gets a certain amount per delivery or toward mileage. With pizza my average tip is $4-5 depending on luck and I average 2.5-3.5 per hour. Mileage averages in my store less than 3 miles per delivery and you often get 2 deliveries in a trip. Right now it's slow and there are times when I don't get $10 in tips per hour but for instance last night I worked 5-10 pm and took home over $70 in tips and mileage plus hourly pay (depends on store and company but at mine it's $5 when you're o. The road and minimum wage in store. I average about $6 per hr overall. )

Tips are declared at dominos and you can't avoid the credit ones which are 80%. You still deduct mileage--I keep track but dominos at my store pays 27 cents per mile by their mileage calculation . So about 30.5 cents per mile on top of that. The mileage cash you get at the end of the night and it's not income.

Big pluses are insurance is a lot less worried about pizza delivery and you have work men's comp and unemployment insurance.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Woah... way too much work and makes me feel like a servant. I know Uber is a driver service but I still feel like I'm in control. This? Nah...

Flexibility is why I like Uber.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts