Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Uber has recently (12 weeks) started up in my city, Bristol uk ,and they are currently paying £15ph which is pretty good during the summer evenings.
Coverage is central only and pax often complain that there are no cars outside of the central areas.
I estimate that actual earnings outside of the guarantee prior to fuel tax etc deductions are about £11ph.

What can we expect here in Bristol? I'm especially interested to here from other Uk drivers.

Its perhaps worth mentioning that here in Bristol we are heavily regulated by the local authorities and have to be licensed taxi drivers which includes a thouragh knowledge test. There is no unlimited supply of drivers unlike in many other cities around the world.

I believe Uber Bristol has a fine line to walk..if the pay isn't right we just go back to the private hire firms. No drivers no Uber ?

P.s My personal experience has been very positive , earnings are decent, passengers are generally very good and I'm enjoying the flexibility uber offers

Regards from the Mild mild west.

·
Registered
977 Posts
In London 10ph/20ph (before fuel) on X platform.
Tooo mamy drivers, just wait and see in Bristol when the swarm come.
Good luck anyway

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
The hourly guarantee will only last for a while until Uber establish itself there. It's just to get drivers on the road, for quick customer pick up times and the customer Base is low for the time being and no driver will wait hours for a job.
As soon as the number of drivers and customers pick up, they'll do away with the guarantee.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The hourly guarantee will only last for a while until Uber establish itself there. It's just to get drivers on the road, for quick customer pick up times and the customer Base is low for the time being and no driver will wait hours for a job.
As soon as the number of drivers and customers pick up, they'll do away with the guarantee.
Well they are running a business so i wouldn't expect them to operate at a loss in the long term . what is the situation now in London are the hourly rates finished ?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Long time ago, lol. Uber has been here since 2012!

However they did a £4000 guarantee for the month of December last year, if you were online for 220 hours with an acceptance rate of 80% or more with more than 80% pick ups within the central area.

They last did an hourly guarantee when they launched UberXL about a year ago (7 seaters), in order to get those types of cars on board.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Uber has recently (12 weeks) started up in my city, Bristol uk ,and they are currently paying £15ph which is pretty good during the summer evenings.
Coverage is central only and pax often complain that there are no cars outside of the central areas.
I estimate that actual earnings outside of the guarantee prior to fuel tax etc deductions are about £11ph.

What can we expect here in Bristol? I'm especially interested to here from other Uk drivers.

Its perhaps worth mentioning that here in Bristol we are heavily regulated by the local authorities and have to be licensed taxi drivers which includes a thouragh knowledge test. There is no unlimited supply of drivers unlike in many other cities around the world.

I believe Uber Bristol has a fine line to walk..if the pay isn't right we just go back to the private hire firms. No drivers no Uber ?

P.s My personal experience has been very positive , earnings are decent, passengers are generally very good and I'm enjoying the flexibility uber offers

Regards from the Mild mild west.
As the time will go by..it will turn very stresfull...less jobs and nasty customers....In London was great at the begining very good earnings...excellent customers ...now is the opposite

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As the time will go by..it will turn very stresfull...less jobs and nasty customers....In London was great at the begining very good earnings...excellent customers ...now is the opposite
I was a taxi driver before driving for uber so I know what the customers can be like.

I hear mixed reviews from London some guys says it's much better than when they worked for Addison Lee etc

·
Registered
356 Posts
Some of the most experienced are going back to Addison Lee.

I've set up a company outside of London, OH is a pilot for BA (ex-EZY) and I'm commencing pilot training in 2 weeks time. Been my dream since I was a kid and I gave up the opportunity to do it 5 years ago so she could. I will still be running the company, however, as I've worked out it'll cost minimum £40k over the 18 months to/from Serbia with the training fees too.

If Uber hadn't got greedy and onboarded too many drivers, I'd have stayed, and you have to remember that leaving PH to do something else isn't an easy option, especially as I'll miss the flexibility. Now is probably the lowest risk time to train for the last decade, and if I leave it much longer I'll be too old to be taken seriously as a pilot newbie.

I eventually want to get travel agency contracts in a number of countries for the PH side, but I won't be doing this whilst driving for a living.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts