Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking my statement for this past week and looking at it to make sure I received all the guarantees from Jun 20-27. I got all the Weekdays one and some of the Weekend ones but I am missing a lot of the Weekend ones. The thing is I did usually complete only the bare minimum requirements. For example I had to complete one hour per ride and maintain a acceptance rating. My acceptance rating for the whole week was 98 percent. I know for sure that I should have received some of them. I just emailed them about it and see what happens. Anyone else not receive guarantee payments? What is the best way to handle this situation (email or go into office)?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I submitted a claim for last weeks guarantee because according to Uber I didn't qualify for any guarantee payment when I know I more then qualified. I submitted my claim through the app I went to Account ---> Help ---> Payments & Rewards ---> Guarantees & Incentives and then hit My Incentives or Guarantee was incorrect. They ask you for the week in which you are referring and screenshots of the guaranteed rate and your opt in of it. They handled my claim quick and I got the guarantee I was expecting

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I was checking my statement for this past week and looking at it to make sure I received all the guarantees from Jun 20-27. I got all the Weekdays one and some of the Weekend ones but I am missing a lot of the Weekend ones. The thing is I did usually complete only the bare minimum requirements. For example I had to complete one hour per ride and maintain a acceptance rating. My acceptance rating for the whole week was 98 percent. I know for sure that I should have received some of them. I just emailed them about it and see what happens. Anyone else not receive guarantee payments? What is the best way to handle this situation (email or go into office)?
By my calculations they owed me $203.00 and after reading your post I checked and they paid me $257 in guarantee!

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
They paid most of mine accurately, but said on one of the days I was logged on 2 hrs and 1 minute, 1 minute to long. Support was insulting and claimed I didn't understand the requirements. If I didn't understand the requirements I wouldn't have been monitoring my time.
I appreciate these guarantees and feel like the guy who complains about taxes when he gets a raise, I just wishad there was a little more transparency about times we log on and off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I contacted support about it. They said for the time periods I missed the guarantee I was off by a few minutes. So I worked three hours and completed three trips. The requirement was 1 trip per hour but apparently I stayed online for an extra minute or two. That is very annoying and I think unfair as the clock can always be off by a few minutes. I guess next time I will just complete an extra trip or two to make sure I get the guarantee for sure.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I contacted support about it. They said for the time periods I missed the guarantee I was off by a few minutes. So I worked three hours and completed three trips. The requirement was 1 trip per hour but apparently I stayed online for an extra minute or two. That is very annoying and I think unfair as the clock can always be off by a few minutes. I guess next time I will just complete an extra trip or two to make sure I get the guarantee for sure.
I'm always try to get an extra trip or 2 just to make sure.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Happened to me as well when I first started driving guarantees, My practice now is to as Sure says, Complete an extra trip or 2 for insurance, But if you can't, Log off about 5 min before the hour, You'll only be missing out on a few bucks but with assurance you haven't blown your guarantee.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I drove for 2 hours started at 9:59 last ride I gave was at 11:56 I made $27 in 4 rides . Will with final amount with the guaranteed $30/hr show till next Monday?

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I drove for 2 hours started at 9:59 last ride I gave was at 11:56 I made $27 in 4 rides . Will with final amount with the guaranteed $30/hr show till next Monday?
It will show up Monday afternoon following the end of the pay week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Happened to me as well when I first started driving guarantees, My practice now is to as Sure says, Complete an extra trip or 2 for insurance, But if you can't, Log off about 5 min before the hour, You'll only be missing out on a few bucks but with assurance you haven't blown your guarantee.
Question Please Clarify:

So are you saying that you must log off exactly at the end of the hour in order to qualify ?

So, if you worked 2 1/2 hours of a four hour guaranteed block and completed 4 rides, you will not qualify for the time you spent online?
Or, you will not qualify for the Half hour?

So, if you work the 6am-10am guaranteed period and complete 2 rides every hour, you must log on exactly at 6am and log off exactly at 10am?

You are saying that if you cannot meet the ride requirement before the hour, you should log off, right?

If they are saying the minimum rides per guaranteed hour is 1.5 , I always try to complete 2 rides or more for every guaranteed hour I work. Right?

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
If the requirement is 1.5 an hour, that's a ride every 40 minutes on average or 3 every 2 hours. Computers do math, so if you do 3 in 2 hours and 5 minutes, it won't be 1.5000 or greater- I don't know if they round. I found you can get "screwed" with a long ride that takes too long...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Question Please Clarify:

So are you saying that you must log off exactly at the end of the hour in order to qualify ?

So, if you worked 2 1/2 hours of a four hour guaranteed block and completed 4 rides, you will not qualify for the time you spent online?
Or, you will not qualify for the Half hour?

So, if you work the 6am-10am guaranteed period and complete 2 rides every hour, you must log on exactly at 6am and log off exactly at 10am?

You are saying that if you cannot meet the ride requirement before the hour, you should log off, right?

If they are saying the minimum rides per guaranteed hour is 1.5 , I always try to complete 2 rides or more for every guaranteed hour I work. Right?
Yes people are losing out on their guarantee for going over a just a minute although some have contested and won.

Yes you would qualify for the first 2 hrs as you have met the 1.5 rides per hour with the 4 rides, The 1/2hr I believe is prorated but still based on the guarantee.

If you work the guarantee between 6am and 10am you need only complete 6 rides, Doesn't matter how they're spaced out, What's important is that you log on exactly at 6am, Logging off is not important in this scenario as the guarantee period would be over at 10am, Just meet your 1.5 ride and acceptance requirements.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The going over the hour problem only exists when you are not working the whole guarantee period and have more time vs your minimum ride requirement, That's when you have to be mindful of not going over. But working the whole guarantee period and you have met all of your requirements, It's a non-issue.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts